Don't Play with Your Food, avery & rusty (flashback thread)
Rusty Williams
Mar 16 2018, 02:53 AM
i swear i lived
Hope when you take that jump, you don't fear the fall; Hope when the water rises, you built a wall; Hope when the crowd screams out, they're screaming your name; Hope if everybody runs, you choose to stay; Hope that you fall in love, and it hurts so bad; The only way you can know is give it all you have

[ flashback: this thread is set in 2019, when current sixth years were second years at the time ]

Being in the wizarding world rarely got boring--especially when at home, one wasn't allowed to use magic. But after a full year of looking up at a gorgeously realistic sky-ceiling and magically never-ending food, you kind of get used to it, you know? So, in his second year, Rusty no longer gaped at the ceiling and the lack of empty plates didn't surprise him.

He could talk with his housemates, he supposed, but that was pretty mundane. So let's have some fun instead, he thought to himself as he pulled his wand out of his pocket. Of course, by fun, Rusty meant mischief and that was exactly what he had in mind as he scoured the Great Hall for a suitable victim.

How about that dark-haired boy across the room, sitting at the Slytherin table, looking all neat and proper? Yeah, perfect.

Rusty lifted his wand discreetly--if that boy looked straight forward, he would probably see Rusty so he had to be sneaky. Double, double, toil and trouble. He swished his wand and then flicked it at the end. "Wingardium leviosa," he whispered before his hand quickly darted under the table. It was a simple levitating charm he learned last year but the effects, ooh boy, should be interesting.

He was as the bewitched food, which the target had been lifting to his mouth, flew almost two feet away from its intended destination. The prankster bit the inside of his lip to hold in his laughter.

Averill Trevelyan / firejay ➞ hope this is okay!!

--------------------
I C E
as played by ice

Ravenclaw

member groupRavenclaw titleRavenclaw character agesixteen gendermale blood statushalf-blood patronuseagle wandwillow, kelpie hair, 9 inches points0 posts24
Awards: 2

Averill Trevelyan
Mar 19 2018, 10:48 AM

Averill Trevelyan

"Don't put dirt on my grave just yet."
Lunch was Avery's intense human-observation time. He tried to keep his senses open at other times, but he usually had classwork or other things to focus on. Lunch was the only time where he couldn't really do anything else, but had mental space free. As with most his meals, the spread in front of him didn't appear to be the most appetizing of selections among what he could have chosen. Mixed steamed vegetables with a roast beef sandwich, his goblet full of simple water, but it didn't bother him one way or another. It wasn't like he had any opinions on food one way or another, and maybe it helped make lunch the most boring time of day.

He ate dutifully, grey eyes casually surveying the people within his sight. Hrm. That Gryffindor girl who usually sat chatting with her friends was sitting towards the end of the benches today. He believed she was a fourth year, but he could never hear gossip from the Gryffindor table. She looked rather sleepy today. A Ravenclaw girl had turned all the way around in her seat to have an animated argument with her boyfriend in Hufflepuff. The two of them were always using one of the hidden staircases to snog, and he knew for a fact they were 6th years, since their classmates gossiped about them fighting constantly in the halls. It didn't make much sense to him as a relationship, but perhaps it was one of those things he'd understand when he was older. The smallest of smirks lifted the corner of his lips, having some fun with the drama.

Suddenly, something caught his eye. A boy at the Ravenclaw table right across had quietly pulled his wand out. If he remembered correctly, the boy was in his year, the type who made friends easily. People using their wands at the table wasn't all that unusual a practice, some students practiced spellwork during lunchtime, but Avery could have sworn he had been looking at him a moment earlier. It was weird, but maybe he'd been imagining it. He looked down at himself, and lifted the sandwich to his mouth. Before it could make it to his mouth, however, it was lifted from his hands altogether and floated up above his head. Avery's eyebrows shot up in surprise, his gaze following his sandwich.

He laughed, startling the person next to him. Oh darn, he was going to have to make himself look really stupid. The Slytherin clambered up on his seat to grab his sandwich, as his arms were too short to reach that far yet. His eyes flashed towards the guy who he'd thought was looking at him earlier. It wasn't necessarily that person's doing, but if it was... Oh? The Raven was looking at him. Avery gave him an intentional extra grin, snagging his sandwich and waving it slightly.
Tag: Rusty Williams
Note: Yiss I know my boi is a bit creepy, don't mind him. xD
as played by firejay1

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusOriental Horse wandAsh, Graphorn Skin, 9½", Supple points4 posts12

Rusty Williams
Mar 21 2018, 10:31 AM
i swear i lived
Hope when you take that jump, you don't fear the fall; Hope when the water rises, you built a wall; Hope when the crowd screams out, they're screaming your name; Hope if everybody runs, you choose to stay; Hope that you fall in love, and it hurts so bad; The only way you can know is give it all you have

Okay, what?

The Slytherin's first reaction was to laugh and it didn't sound like the awkward kind people do when they were embarrassed but trying to cover it up. Rusty quirked an eyebrow at that, pressing his lips together to physically restrain a laugh--some tall guy needing to climb onto the bench to reach his floating food? Classic. Without meaning to, a soft snicker escaped Rusty briefly before he quickly reigned it in.

He didn't know whether it was because of that or just coincidence that the long-haired boy glanced at him then--whoops--and their eyes locked for a moment. Rusty tried to maintain a poker face, stuffing it with a buttered roll. But then the other grinned directly at him and amusement replaced Rusty's surprise. He grinned back. Okay, you're fun, he thought to himself.

Rusty no longer bothered to hide his wand under the table. Elbow resting on the table top, he flicked the piece of wood again to cause what he hoped was the targeted Slytherin's cup to fly circles around the boy's head. Round and round... Based on his reaction to this, Rusty might just go over and talk with him. Most people would be annoyed but this guy was actually laughing so no way was Rusty going to pass up this opportunity to meet someone with a good sense of humour.

--------------------
I C E
as played by ice

Ravenclaw

member groupRavenclaw titleRavenclaw character agesixteen gendermale blood statushalf-blood patronuseagle wandwillow, kelpie hair, 9 inches points0 posts24

Averill Trevelyan
Mar 27 2018, 02:18 AM

Averill Trevelyan

Avery knew he'd guessed right when the boy grinned right back at him. Giving his memory a little scan, he procured a name. Rusty. His proper name was something different, if he remembered correctly. Ah yes. It was the same as some sort of criminal, that was why he'd remembered it originally. Russell Williams. The boy's wand came out to play, and although Avery's expression didn't change significantly, a wicked gleam seemed to enter his eyes.

With no regard for how he looked, Avery stuffed the sandwich in his mouth, freeing up both of his hands. His goblet went up before he could stop it, but it didn't seem to faze him. Instead, he just watched it carefully as it bobbed around his head, and his right hand shot out to snag it. His grip hadn't been quite perfect,, and a portion of the water it contained splashed onto his hand, making him glad that his sleeves had been folded up carefully.

The second he had secured his goblet, he switched hands and flipped his wand out. He pointed it straight at the offending Ravenclaw and uttered a soft, but firm, "Rictumsempra." The Tickling Charm. They'd learned it just this year, and Avery was glad for a chance to try it. His wand had been rather stubborn when he'd first gotten it, and he'd only really gotten it in hand this year. It was a good chance to practice.

As the spell caused a rather noticeable flash of silver light, he quickly plopped himself down in his seat again, spilling a little more of his water and missing the chance to see the effects of his spell. In case a professor had seen anything identifiable, he pulled the hairband from his hair, letting his long hair fall around his face, in a subtle change. He shoved the last of his sandwich more firmly into his mouth and swallowed it quickly, but put down his goblet with a precise click.
as played by firejay1

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusOriental Horse wandAsh, Graphorn Skin, 9½", Supple points4 posts12

Rusty Williams
Apr 23 2018, 09:09 AM
i swear i lived

His free hand shot up to cover his mouth, suppressing a laugh. When the Slytherin suddenly grabbed the floating goblet, the student next to him had jumped. The latter looked so completely stunned and confused! Rusty's prank victim was getting a number of weird looks--it was hard to miss someone when they were standing on their seat in a hall of diners. Rusty knew some of his house-mates around him were noticing his odd behaviour too. But everyone pretty much minded their own business so he kept his focus on the long-haired boy.

Rusty barely managed to snicker though because a streak of silver light went straight for him after the other guy had snatched his goblet. Shit, did Rusty actually piss him off? Rusty ducked on pure instinct alone but was not quick enough to dodge it. His sides felt squirmish. He could feel the laughter bubbling up from his stomach, up his throat and finally, out his mouth. It started with a snort, then giggles until Rusty had to clamp both hands over his mouth so he wouldn't howl with laughter.

Shooting out of his seat and scaring his friends in the process, Rusty made an awkward attempt to half-walk, half-wiggle to the Slytherin table. Some of the students parted when he obviously made to plonk down into one specific space--right across the guy he had been pranking. Rusty removed his hands long enough to chuckle out, "You're good--HAHAHAHAHA, what's your, AHAH, what's you're name?" He squirmed--probably should undo this charm soon.

--------------------
I C E
as played by ice

Ravenclaw

Averill Trevelyan
Jun 16 2018, 02:41 AM

Averill Trevelyan

Avery thought he saw one of the teachers frowning in his general direction, but since nothing major was happening, they seemed to let it go, returning to whatever animated conversations they'd been engaged in. This was why it was easy to get away with things during lunch. The teachers were there, but not exactly supervising. His classmates, on the other hand, were certainly starting to notice, and he didn't precisely want to stand out, so he kept his head down, and went back to sipping his water until the others forgot the brief incident and went back to their food.

Someone sat down across from him, and the movement got him to look up. Well now, if it wasn't his assailant, barely managing to contain the laughter. A slightly pleased sparkle entered Avery's sharp grey eyes, a laughing smile just barely touching the corners of his thin lips. It was gratifying to see that the spell had been successful, not to mention amusing to watch. He quickly muttered the counterspell, pointing his wand at the other boy under the table. If the guy kept laughing like that, people were really going to start taking note of them.

"I'm Averill Trevelyan, but most people call me Avery." Or they would if they knew he existed. "I'm in your grade." His voice was quiet as ever, but raised just enough to be heard over the general hubbub of the Great Hall. His eyebrows raised slightly in amusement, but he hadn't remembered this boy's name immediately either, so he didn't expect that the guy would know him. "You're Russell, right? Ravenclaw, second year."
as played by firejay1

Slytherin

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options