Closed

Through The Pensieve [C], feat. Raina Summers
Dmitry Voronin
Dec 5 2017, 08:55 PM
dmitry voronin
"i'm only human after all"
It was sometime halfway through his third term, when some older Slytherin girls had kept him up snogging in the third floor corridor after catching him from Charms class, that Dmitry was fated to embarrass himself worse than ever before. Having an allergic reaction to a sixth year's fluxweed and sneezing into life a second, malformed nose had been pretty bad back in his second year. But what happened today would follow him for life.

He sluggishly entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, barely late to the room and drawing the attentive gazes of his peers. He tugged at his collar fervently, hiding away the hickeys lying underneath, plastered against his skin.

Luckily enough Dmitry was an overachiever, so the Professor didn't badger him over his tardiness. They brushed off his delayed arrival with a wave of the hand, motioning him to take a seat so they might resume the lecture.

His usual instinct was to grab a chair near the back or front of the room, but almost everywhere was full. He ended up having to sit next to a raven haired girl who looked to be wearing yellow for Hufflepuff, sitting in the midst of a sea of desks and chairs.

He'd pulled out the chair without asking first, though following up quickly. "You mind? It's not taken, right? This chair?"

He couldn't say he remembered their name, but he thought it was Summers. But he hated addressing people by their last names, it felt so... impersonal. If Dmitry was going to talk to you, it was going to be with a level of familiarity. Otherwise, why was he talking with you to begin with? That's just how he always was.

After sitting down, he introduced himself quietly.

"I'm Dmitry. Can I... can I get your name, please? I don't remember it; I'm not even sure we've met... have we?"

+ tags Raina Summers
+ notes ~((( @^@ )))~
BY MITZI
as played by Alfonz

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandElder, 10¾", Unicorn Hair, Unyielding points0 posts38
Awards: 3

Raina Summers
Dec 8 2017, 10:47 PM
So if you're lost
and on your own
You can never surrender
Raina was jotting down notes on the current review of Hinkypunks barely aware of the late arrival. While she normally didn't make a habit of going off on people while during class (with only one exception thus far with a certain peasant), most were still hesitant to sit by the viotile Hufflepuff, which meant there was usually an empty seat next to her. The same seat that was currently being pulled up until a voice pipped up as if catching himself, "You mind? It's not taken, right? This chair?"

Raina glanced up at the speaker but while she vaguely remembered seeing his face she failed to match a name. "And here I was saving a seat for the Minister of Magic," she snickered. She was about to tune back into the lecture when the other saw fit to continue the conversation. She quirked an eyebrow at him. Since when was DADA class social hour?

"I'm Dmitry. Can I... can I get your name, please? I don't remember it; I'm not even sure we've met... have we?"

Raina's eyebrow twitched when she realized he didn't offer up a last name. It was more common in exchanged students but she couldn't tell if he was one or not. Most likely he was one of those kids who just loved breaching everyone's comfort zone in hopes of making fast friends and that didn't sit right with the Hufflepuff. In the end, someone was going to get hurt, so why even bother? "Summers," she offered pointedly. Maybe he'd take the hint that they definitely weren't on first name basis.

➕Tags: Dmitry Voronin
as played by Noctis

member groupHufflepuff title character ageSixteen genderFemale blood statusPureblood patronusUncorporeal wandBluespruce, Unicorn Hair, 11” points106 posts0
Awards: None
Dmitry Voronin
Dec 9 2017, 03:47 PM
dmitry voronin
'Summers.' That's all she gave him, was a family name.

Everyone here was always so impersonal... it sucked.

Why is everyone like that... Already he was slouching backwards against his chair with a slight pout. Everyone in this school was so proper and formal, it fucking annoyed him. But mostly because he thought he was interesting looking enough to want to get to know... What's the point of being able to change how he looks if nobody'd notice him anyways? It made him want to force them to. But this was D.A.D.A. Class, not a grace period.

Exhaling deeply in a richly exaggerated sigh, he flipped through his personal effects to find some parchment and a quill, although as he peeped deeper into his bag he felt his collar smothering his neck, which felt extremely hot and bothered him. On reflex he tugged at his collar to aerate the skin beneath.

After a moment of trepidation he conceded he must've forgotten his inkwell elsewhere. After looking around uselessly, he turned towards Summers' own ink and how far away it was on the other side of the table. After tugging once more at the hem of his collar, he broke the silence a third time. "Hey, Summers..."

He held up the quill and parchment, trying to make the absence of his inkwell apparent. His frown was slight, and he quickly finished an explanation before the Professor could catch him talking: "Would you mind sharing your inkwell?"

His brows shot upwards and he pleaded further.

"And maybe, could I copy the notes I missed...? Please?"

Dmitry gave his best puppy dog pout shamelessly.

+ tags Raina Summers
+ notes ( o^o )
BY MITZI
as played by Alfonz

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandElder, 10¾", Unicorn Hair, Unyielding points0 posts38

Raina Summers
Jan 18 2018, 12:32 AM
So if you're lost
and on your own
You can never surrender
Raina quirked an eyebrow at how defeated the boy looked, and all it took was one word on her part; that had to be some sort of record. There was even a slight pout on his lips. She rolled her eyes and returned to the lecture convinced that was that, but the boy was still shifting around and something about sitting by shifty people put her on edge. She fought back the urge to move away from him and just wished he would fucking sit still already. She adjusted the grip on her quill once, twice, thrice--

"Hey, Summers... would you mind sharing your inkwell? And maybe, could I copy the notes I missed...? Please?"

She cursed mentally when she realized he was pulling the same look on her Kyler always did when he wanted her to share her chocolate, and her eyebrow twitched. That damned brat always got what he wanted, but this kid wasn't Kyler and wasn't he a little too old to be trying to persuade someone with the oldest trick in the book? Not going to happen! No way no how! Except there there was a possibility he was just as stubborn as her little brother but she didn't exactly have the time to put that to the test. So she scoffed and slid the inkwell between them for easier access.

"You owe me," she hissed, allowing him a good look at her notes so far. Her handwriting wasn't really anything interesting to say the least; clean and neat cursive without any needless flourishes. She glanced at him and that's when she noticed what was on his neck. She didn’t even think it through before she spouted it, "Hickeypunk." She grinned devilishly. If the guy wasn't going to respect her boundaries and try to worm himself straight you first name bases, then he was going to have to deal with the consequences of his actions.

➕Tags: Dmitry Voronin
as played by Noctis

member groupHufflepuff title character ageSixteen genderFemale blood statusPureblood patronusUncorporeal wandBluespruce, Unicorn Hair, 11” points106 posts0
Dmitry Voronin
Jan 22 2018, 03:02 AM
dmitry voronin
"Yeah, 'course!" Dmitry didn't mind owing her one, whatever it was. He'd feel worse off if he didn't get these notes down, which Dmitry began jotting down in earnest as he looked between her notes and dabbed impatiently at the inkwell, all the while paying attention to the Professor. That's when she let it slip.

'Hickeypunk.'

W-what? Dmitry heard someone snigger, and then he could hear someone else briefly muttering something too. All around him he thought he heard the other students murmuring under their breath. And it made him self-conscious, his face flushing red.

'Geez, he looks like a vampire must've ravaged him.'

'I thought it was just 'cause he's white as snow, but his neck, dude!'

'Yeah, he really IS a hickey-punk. Nice one, Summers.'

'Where's a nerd like that get a hickey from? I bet he faked it.'

Dmitry's peers crushed him with their reckless banter.

Even the Professor noticed the sudden hushed whispers of the class briefly, and singled in on Dmitry intently before their scrutinizing eyes narrowed in on the welts dotting his neck.

'See me after class, Voronin.'

Oh great, now I'm really gonna get it. Dmitry leaned against the table, burying his tomato face away from onlooking eyes. His arms cradled around his head in such a way that most of the sounds bouncing around the room were muffled before they reached him. From his little nest made of his own arms, he cast a seething glare Raina's way. Why'd you have to do that?

Really, it was a good joke; Dmitry couldn't help but find the play on words to be especially satisfying. It wasn't lost on him considering some of their notes pertained to these Hinkypunks, but whether it was necessary to bring it to attention was another matter entirely.

Dmitry groaned into the sleeves of his robe while he felt the blush spread to his ears, feeling a rush of cold as he perked up and resumed his notes. Well, if everybody knew about it now, there was no sense trying to hide it further, which was sort of liberating.

"Gee, thanks, Summers. You sure know how to make a guy feel welcome..." I'll have to figure out how to repay you...

As he continues over the notes, he can't help but notice that she does a decent job herself, and her writing is better than his chicken scratch. "Your notes are pretty good, by the way."

Dmitry shoves his own notes toward Raina, drawing attention to the normal case print that isn't as structured. But the quality of the information is all that really concerns him, and her details seemed an adequate shorthand. Obviously it wasn't word-for-word, nobody wanted to feed the Professor's swollen ego that much...

"They're easy to read even though they're cursive, I mean. I still can't do cursive very well, mine's a bit sloppy..."

Slipping the notes back to his side of the desk, Dmitry quickly crammed the bulk of the important notes and overlooked a few he'd already memorized well enough. He was immersed in the process, trying his best to ignore the snide remarks being directed at him from voices behind him in the classroom.

'Hey Hickeypunk, who you been snogging anyways? I gotta know.'

+ tags Raina Summers
+ notes --
BY MITZI
as played by Alfonz

Slytherin

Wicked
Mar 11 2018, 09:32 PM

Unfinished Thread

We'll be archiving this thread as unfinished due to inactivity. Thus anything that happened in here isn't considered canon in our story's timeline.

If you feel like this thread was archived wrong, please be in touch with the admins of PI. We can talk about it and unarchive it if needed.

In case one of the participants submitted this thread as unfinished themselves, they will be rewarded five points for the deed.

Players who were part of this thread:

Dmitry Voronin - 5 points (if submitted)
Raina Summers

--------------------
My angel’s in a headlock and I'm
dropping bombs from the rooftops
as played by Wicked

Administrator

member groupAdmin titleAdministrator character ageTwenty-six genderWhatever you want me to be. blood statusMuggle-born patronusRattlesnake wandSycamore, Dragon Heartstring, 12 ¾ inches, Reasonably Supple points401 posts184
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed