Panem et Circenses [C], feat. Andoles, Keith
Aedan Quigley
Feb 28 2018, 07:30 AM
We are all made of stardust

Aedan and his colleagues (if you could call them that) found themselves horsing around in the library on the fourth floor on a Monday evening. Tomorrow they were going to be tested on the Wit-Sharpening potion. And on Friday they were going to start looking into the Girding potion, which meant they didn't have time to be slacking.

Plus, the potion's effects had come to interest them all. Who didn't want to be a little sharper? Especially with another essay on the Girding potion undoubtedly coming up for their next course assignment.

So it was that Aedan hunched over a desk beside a column of bookshelves, tending to a pewter cauldron he'd acquiesced during a trip to Diagon Alley four years ago. Keith and Andy flanked him on either side, though they were in and out of their chairs, Aedan having giving up on tracking their movements long ago, when he started mixing in ginger root until the concoction warped into a squalid lime color. Eugh...

Aedan turned his nose away from the Armadillo bile; he didn't think it was right, being forced to handle this. Had to be some sort of biohazard, he should be able to sue. Muggles wouldn't stand for this shit. Did this potion have any bad side-effects? Better not, 'cause Aedan was the one who was gonna be drinking it, which is probably why he had a vested interest in preparing it 'properly'.

He was certain Andy just wanted an excuse to point out Aedan was likely the dumbest of the three of them. Ever the comic...

"What 'er you two doin'? I know I'm not gonna be the only one wathtin' muh gosh darn ingredientth for thith..."

Author's Note: (Needed a place to leave a tag explanation and not just username tags.) I might change out the template until I'm comfortable with this or depending on peer review. So if you think it's a bit much, let me know any thoughts you have. Also if you want edits on the post itself, talk to me, because I realize I kinda metagamed your characters and set us ahead a bit.

I may have gotten ahead of myself...

P.S. Sovetskii (Andoles) doesn't want to stretch themselves too thin, so they said we could post without them a few rounds, but I kinda included them already so we might want to exercise some patience.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageFourteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusFennec Fox wandApple, 10", Dittany Stalk, Pliant points1 posts46
Awards: 2

Keith Grayson
Mar 3 2018, 08:48 PM
The library was a place full of all sorts of things but he knew that the most fun things were in the restricted section, although he wasn't sure why they even put the books on display if it was not meant for students to access. However, he wasn't here to find access to those books.

Instead, he was here with his friends to do some digging in on a wit-sharpening potion and they were going to test it out on Aedan. Why not himself or Andy? To be fair, Aedan wasn't exactly the brightest among the three of them but that did not mean that he was dumb either.

"I"m doing the same thing as you," Keith said, leaning away from the cauldron. He helped Aedan to add in the Armadillo Bile, face scrunching up in disgust. He assisted in stirring the mixture, remembering that it needed to turn from green to blue. "We're gonna need to add in the Ground Scarab Beetles. Mate, could you pass me those?"

TIME // Spring 2023
TAGGED // Aedan Quigley
NOTES // There you go.
as played by Natalie

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageFourteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandAcacia, Phoenix Feather, 8¾” points1 posts17
Awards: 3

Andoles Blackadder
Mar 12 2018, 08:27 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
Unlike the other two love birds, Andy wasn't huddled up over that cauldron. Wizards were into dumping strange things into their pots, and typically the odor wasn't something you forgot. Even so, his nose crinkled at the stench that rose from the concoction his two cannon fodder friends doing were mixing. Potions weren't too much different than cooking, so the Blackadder boy found himself fairly decent at it. Still, it was instances like this that made it far less enjoyable.

''Way ahead of you.'' Leaning back a bit, a container nudged the blond in the shoulder. ''Here you are, Grayson,'' he said in a compressed tone. It was obvious he was holding his breath. It was a pity about this particular bizarre ingredient. Beetles were the coolest bugs in his not so humble opinion. ''Shit, it smells like feet snot.'' Being poor at regular breathing, Andoles could only hold his breath for so long. At least this wasn't making his throat burn.

''Like someone blasted fecal matter out of their nose rather than their ass.'' The Slytherin was never short on colorful analogies, nor complaints. ''Hope it tastes better than it smells,'' he jeered with a sneer, jabbing a finger into Aedan's ticklish ribs. ''Else your breath is going to smell even worse than the boogery aroma it has now.'' At least being an asshole took his mind off of the stench to a degree. Though of he was honest, he was anxious to see the effects.

Perhaps there would be hope for Aedan yet.

as played by Sovetskii Soryuz

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageFourteen genderMasculine blood statusHalfblood patronusUncorporeal wandMaple, Dragon Heartstring, 13 ½, Unyielding points1 posts91

Aedan Quigley
Mar 12 2018, 05:57 PM

Aedan slapped at Andy soon as the latter jabbed him in the side, barking back with a husky laugh "Thtop, retard. Or we'll thpill thith armadilla thit everywhere," something he knew the other would obviously avoid. Too bad the recipe called for several more additions of it. Yippee.

Keith was able to add the ground scarab beetles after the liquid saturated with a deep blue, which the minced carapace turned red after a healthy bit of stirring. Aedan took his index finger and traced it back to the instructions. More aramdillo bile... This potion was getting on his nerves.

"Yuck," he gagged as he added more, mixing the suspension with a spoon as it was cooked down into a yellow color. He was pretty sure it was gonna give him cramps at the very least, if it didn't leave him plastered to a toilet for a whole hour. Seriously: Who was the sorry sucker who tried making this a few times before getting it right and realizing it was a wit-sharpening potion? What kind of fucked up lifestyle did early potioneers lead? Aedan digressed.

"Oh, thank goodneth. Now we jutht need thome more ginger root, and..." his eyes traced back towards the recipe before his eyelids narrowed and he scowled at the dark print, conveying in a flat tone: "...even more bile; for fuck'th thaketh, guyth. I better get compenthathun if thith goeth bad. I'm talkin' chocolate frogth!"

He almost wondered if an actual, slimy frog would be preferable to the taste of ground scarab beetles basted in armadillo bile and seasoned with ginger root. It probably didn't smell as awful, at the very least. "If thith doethn't thtart thmelling better thoon, I'm gonna end up hurling all over it..."

The cauldron's contents started easing back into a lime green, viscous bobbles forming like a thick broth, popping and splashing small globules into the air intermittently. "That'th jutht nathty..." His adam's apple bobbed as he gulped down his concerns.

"Needth more 'dilla bile!"

Author's Note:
Mix Armadillo Bile until the potion is purple.
Allow potion to simmer for 10 minutes.
Add more Ginger Root until the potion is dark orange.

These are the last few steps; you guys can do the first one and this next round can be the 10 minute simmering period (we can have them horsing around) and after that just more ginger then Aedan can chug this sucker!

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageFourteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusFennec Fox wandApple, 10", Dittany Stalk, Pliant points1 posts46

Keith Grayson
Mar 16 2018, 12:55 AM
Even after knowing Aedan for four years, it is still a struggle to understand his lisps. Keith knows that the boy is not to blame for his condition but it is equally frustrating for himself — four years is a long time and yet, he still finds himself struggling o understand what his friend says sometimes.

He agrees with the two boys: the whole thing smiles vile but this is what they had to do in order to get the potion done. Keith grabs more armadillo bile and hands it over to Aedan – they had taken extra, just in case – so that he can dump it in. Once the deed was done, all they needed to do was to stir the liquid until it turned purple.

"Start stirring, won't you?" he asked either of the boys.

TIME // Spring 2023
TAGGED // Aedan Quigley Andoles Blackadder
NOTES // There you go.
as played by Natalie

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageFourteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandAcacia, Phoenix Feather, 8¾” points1 posts17

Andoles Blackadder
Mar 19 2018, 08:18 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
''Can't I just bake you a cauldron cake or something?'' Aedan started whining about compensation, but cooking was typically a lot cheaper than going out to buy a meal or a snack or whatever. Not to mention he liked cooking a lot more then he liked buying things for other people, even the ginger. ''It's made with love,'' he half teased half tried to sell the idea. Keith prodded one of the two to begin stirring, so with a quick dirty glace of 'go fuck yourself,' he took a spoon in hand.

''How long does this taint sweat have to simmer?'' The Slytherin snugged up next to Quigley to peek at the instructions, ''ten minutes?! Shit.'' Leaning slightly, he glanced down towards the blond. ''I'll do five, you do five, eh? Ten minutes is an eternity to be hovering over this shit.'' His arm spun over the pot as the utensil could be heard within, scraping the sides. It smelled awful, as Aedan had noted, but he had always found that if you didn't look at it, it was a little more bearable, but just a little.

''Well,'' he said as he glanced at it. The hue was already beginning to darken a few shades as it advanced towards purple. ''That looks wild. Probably not as appealing as the boogers you eat though, eh Quigley?'' He wasn't sure if Keith knew about his fellow Gryffindor's disgusting habit. Didn't they room together? At rate, he couldn't resist teasing him. The disappearing snot color had given him inspiration. ''If it's as potent as it smells you should end up turning into fucking Einstein.''

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageFourteen genderMasculine blood statusHalfblood patronusUncorporeal wandMaple, Dragon Heartstring, 13 ½, Unyielding points1 posts91

Aedan Quigley
Mar 19 2018, 06:53 PM

"Only if it'th got cuthtard; I love cuthtard," he told Andoles. Whether it was made 'with love' had him skeptical, considering how much the Slytherin just loved to single him out for verbal abuse. But it made him feel a little warm and fuzzy inside, so how could he hope to resist an offer so tempting? Of course he'd say yes.

Aedan put together the last of the ginger root they ought to need, sealing their jars and stoppering any leftover phials before they could spill armadillo bile anywhere and everywhere. Couldn't put it past Andoles to dump this down his shorts either, like that Colloshoo the one time. But it was some small consolation that Blackadder was currently stirring, though he scoffed at the instructions: Ten minutes to simmer didn't seem so bad, though. Some potions took weeks! They were getting off easy this time.

He took a moment to rise to his height and stretch his arms back, rolling backwards with a drawn out yawn before trying to swipe away the burning feeling stinging his eyes. That bile sure was something. After a moment to himself, he rounded back on Blackadder as he went to work sullying his name (something he made a habit of doing).

"Thut up," he buffed Andoles in the arm, careful not to send him sprawling into the cauldron. Didn't want that mess on his hands, now did he? Yet the ginger child was already wetting his lips, thinking of a way to get payback. And he had just the plan...

"I don't even eat the boogerth. I jutht pick 'em tho they ain't in my nothe no more." Not that anybody really cared to observe his habits to draw that conclusion. But if Andy wanted to draw conclusions, then Aedan had a few ways to return this favor. He started slurping up his right index finger sloppily, perhaps convincing them both he was eating the boogers.

"Ya know about Einthtein?" Aedan casually queried before slipping a wetted index finger into Andoles' right ear, trickling saliva into the canal which led directly towards his brain. Even by his standards, Aedan knew that had to feel gross. Fun to dish out to anyone being a jerk, though.

"Then maybe ya know what a wet willy ith! Haha, gotcha, butthead!" He slipped out of Andoles' reach before the other might think to reach over to him and return the favor in kind. Swiping the residue off his finger against the side of his pants, he whooped with laughter, gesturing to Keith.

"Don't ya thtop thtirring," he frantically muttered, darting away from the table, anticipating Andoles would chase him down and try to whip up some sort of magic to embarrass him in retaliation. Not again!

Author's Note:
Okay, so you can technically contest/negate the wet willy @Andoles. I just figured he might do that as a response to the public quirk-shaming he's currently handing out. Otherwise, my thoughts were to have these two act like rascals temporarily while the potion finishes up. Does that sound fair?

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Keith Grayson
Mar 24 2018, 10:25 AM
Since Aedan was going to be on the receiving end of this potion, it was fair that both himself and Andoles were the ones who would be stirring. "I'll take the second half of the ten minutes," he said, scrunching his nose at the pungent smell that was beginning to overwhelm him.

At the mention of Aedan eating boogers, Keith found himself scowling in disgust. "I'm not coming near you if you eat any boogers again, Aedan. That's disgusting," he pointed out, not holding back. Although him and Aedan were classmates, Keith didn't consider himself very close to the boy, even though they were dormmates but Aedan was one of the noisier ones, reminiscent of his brother.

He made a belching sound as the ginger-haired boy stuck a finger into the Slytherin's ear and looked away from the scene, preferring to focus on the purple of the potion; he hoped that this potion would at least give their friend there some manners of the less revolting variety.

TIME // Spring 2023
TAGGED // Aedan Quigley Andoles Blackadder
NOTES // If you guys are going to discuss whether you wanna negate or not, do it before I actually write something lol I'm going to assume it's not negated at this point.
as played by Natalie

Gryffindor

Andoles Blackadder
Mar 26 2018, 06:24 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
He made a face at the other boy's request. Of course he wanted it filled with slimy, snotty custard. Save for perhaps crème filling in a doughnut, Andoles wasn't fond of gooey centers in baked products. The mix of textures were unpleasant to him. None the less, had he been serious, he may well have done it. His disgust at Aedan's taste was rudely interrupted by the ginger socking him on the arm, causing the spoon to clank against the side of the cauldron.

''Cut it out ass goblin! Do you want me to spill this shit?'' He was about to state that in no uncertain terms would he be helping to clean up or make a second batch if something happened to this one. But Aedan lacked the ability to internalize his butt hurt over his booger comment. The shortest of the three wizards immediately recoiled at the touch of Quigley's slippery finger. ''Ubwaa!'' Whipping around as much as her could with the spoon still in the pot, he could see the Gryffindor retreating.

''Keep stirring?! That's going to be real hard with this spoon stuck in your ass!'' Snatching the utensil out of the purple mix, Andy keenly flung a spoonful of the goop in the other boy's direction. Immediately he gave chase to his tormentor, or was it tormentee? Either way Blackadder intended to make good on his promise. Madam Pomfrey was going to get another curious case really soon. Who knew, this may even top his colloshoo prank.

Slytherin

Aedan Quigley
Mar 30 2018, 12:28 AM

"You were athkin' for it," Aedan tried to dissuade Andy from his current goal after ducking away from the airborne sludge. But of course he was forced to lap around several bookshelves before eventually stopping on a dime and spinning on his heels to face Andy after rounding the corner, trying to brace the other boy's wrists in his hands before he could get inventive with the silverware. "Alright, alright: I'm thorry! Okay? Now can you thtop?"

But Andy wasn't having it and continued to struggle against Aedan's grasp, and between the two of them throwing their weight around, Aedan tripped over Andy's foot and fell backwards with his hands still clasped firmly around Andy's wrists. That's when they both fell from behind the bookshelves, Aedan reeling as the rancid spoon glued itself to his face. "Geroff me," he spat out hastily, flailing to wriggle out from underneath Andoles' weight.

From his prone position he could see Keith nearly upside-down, stirring the cauldron with a spare utensil. "How'th it lookin' on your end, Graython? Ith it orange yet?"

Aedan grimaced as a splotch of purple grazed his tongue, forcing his gag reflex.

Author's Note: Sov/Andoles is alright with the actions I wrote in so you're free to follow up as if everything I said is factual.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Keith Grayson
Apr 2 2018, 08:31 PM
"Behave, children," Keith chided jokingly, seeing as the other two were fooling around. Sometimes, there were times he didn't trust the two of them but of course, he trusted Andoles more than he trusted Aedan.

After all, there was a reason why Aedan was going to be the one who takes the Wit Sharpening Potion; both himself and Andy have a healthy amount of wit already in them.

He continued stirring, not bothering to stop the racket going on behind him. The orange slowly but steadily began to gain a pinkish tint before finally turning a somewhat light shade of purple. "Kind of," he said, when Aedan asked him how the progress was going. "It's more lavender than anything else. How purple are we talking about again?"

TIME // Spring 2023
TAGGED // Andoles Blackadder Aedan Quigley
NOTES // There you go.
as played by Natalie

Gryffindor

Andoles Blackadder
Apr 5 2018, 08:02 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
Of course he dashed after the ginger, and the Gryffindor led him on one hell of chase. Aedan knew full well that a Blackadder made good on their threats, or at least mostly. Either way, he supposed that his fellow fourth year was trying to tire him out, and it was working to a degree. Andy could only run so long before he became winded. Thankfully when he finally caught up, he wasn't wheezing too badly. Still, it was hard to wrestle with the other boy in this condition, which annoyed him. The clumsy oaf who had captured his arms stumbled on his shoe and the two collapsed in a heap.

''You're not sorry enough!'' He rasped through the fall. Fortunately, he had at least gotten the bastard in the face with his spoon. Sitting atop Aedan, he straddled him as he tried to pin his arms still. The other boy was a little bigger than he was, but Andoles was reasonably certain he could handle him. As the ginger licked the spoon on accident, it looked as if he’d might wretch. He laughed through his huffs as he swayed around atop him, taking advantage of his disgust.

Attempting to set his weight heavily against Aedan's hips so he could suffer, he suddenly had a breathless epiphany of where he was, and what he was doing. His fellow fourth year's hip bones pressed into his posterior. He brown eyes cast a discerning glance down at his freckled prey. As soon as situational awareness hit him, so did a slew of emotions, chief among them desire. Suddenly he remembered their similar scuffle in the Quad with a poor hedgehog in company.

Immediately the notion to lean down for a smooch possessed him, and blood rushed to his face in a light blush. Of course, that wasn't the only place blood traveled. Andoles took a hold of the other boy's wrist. He realized what a mistake he had made before it had even reached its zenith. Quigley could not be allowed to rise, for if he did the results of his idiotic flirtations with thirst would be revealed. Neither Aedan nor Keith would ever let him live it down.

''Just kiss him,'' came the internal voice of temptation. His brown eyes had become glossed over with lust as he attempted to keep Aedan pinned. His chest rose and fell breathlessly. ''No! Shit! I can't right here in fucking public!'' The beat of his heart had not yet completely battered his reason into submission. Andoles glanced around quickly, hoping no one was paying them and attention. He hoped Keith wasn't paying any attention. He was yelling about the potion now.

But mostly he prayed to any god that would listen that Quigley wouldn't notice his arousal.

Slytherin

Aedan Quigley
Apr 9 2018, 03:18 PM

"Purple like an eggplant, I gueth." He didn't really know either. Did it matter? Aedan cared more for the smell or the taste, himself. But then again Aedan was the guineau pig for this experiment, not them.

Aedan was caught underneath Andoles, squirming intermitently in an attempt to worm his way out from under him. But clearly years of pushing papers and naught else had made him a bit scrawny, and so even as the larger of the two, he still struggled to muster the strength to push them over and off of him. He was pinned.

So after tuckering himself out, he briefly allowed his hands to rest against his tummy and curtly pouted up at Andy, sticking a tongue between his lips at him before the flash of pink slipped back into his mouth. "Tho, what now? Are ya gonna athk me to polith yer knob, like you would with Crithy?" He waggled his eyebrows at that, letting either palm find leverage against Andy's knees tucked against his sides, pushing himself up and grazing his flushed cheek against Blackadder's ear.

"Or do you jutht like my company?" He tried to shimmy into Andoles, grinding up against him in an attempt to deter him from trapping Aedan any longer. He was eye-to-eye with Andy, and his expression went from something accusing to a softened look of unease. What had gone on between Andoles and Crissy? There was only so much he felt comfortable asking before it would be considered prying; and if they were intimate, Blackadder would throw up his walls from the start, refusing Aedan.

That's when he felt it. His eyes followed downwards at the point of contact between Blackadder and himself, and he saw it. And at first all he could do was stare blankly. But then his body initiated in much the same way, and Aedan couldn't help but reach his left hand down conspicuously and blaze a trail towards the hem of Andoles' pants...

For a moment, he was allowed to forget where he was, and revel in his position. But very quickly the gurgling of a cauldron and the smell of dusty old books rattled him out of this delusion, and he jolted on the spot. After a moment of apprehension, he decided against his instincts to withdraw, as opposed to indulging. At least... for now.

The ginger lad couldn't believe himself. He'd played gay chicken before with some of his muggle friends, but this felt more intense. Aedan couldn't convince himself he didn't want it, and that was troubling, although the butterflies in his tummy promised him so much and more. But his mom and grandpa... What they would say about this wouldn't be delicate; they were Christians.

But even so, his immediate concern was the here and now, and getting them both out of this predicament with their collective dignity and virtues intact... At least mostly.

Aedan let himself fall back against the ground, ensuing another round of flailing underneath Andoles' weight recklessly, shuddering against him emphatically, perhaps just as reluctant to part from the contact but knowing it to be very necessary.

"Alright, alright! Geroff me, Mithter Big Thot! I'm thtartin' to get clauthtrophobic!" His voice was shrill and exasperated, and what breath he took was shallow and rapid, his heart thumping like some mad satyr in a brothel. He cast his eyes aside, not wishing to meet Blackadder's gaze, bashful and afraid of what he might see in those deep brown eyes. Or more pressingly, what they might stir in him.

Author's Note: When our Potions thread becomes Cauldron-n'-Chill LOL. I'm so sorry. Once the potion's done it should wrap up conveniently, though.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options