Welcome to Priori Incantatem
All witches and wizards aboard the Hogwarts Express from Platform 9¾!

Priori Incantatem welcomes everyone to a fascinating adventure into a modern version of Harry Potter roleplaying, where nostalgia of what we know about Hogwarts meets with new exciting characters we haven't met before. We closely follow canon and the Wizard World history for what has happened in the past, but entwine our own characters into the story to make it ours. Only the canon logic, occasional rules, and your own imagination is your limit.

Priori Incantatem encourages independent roleplaying and creative self-expression, and thus we have set the bar for players to be advanced level writers so that we can trust everything runs smoothly. Every player and character is carefully scoped by staff, and we have a zero tolerance policy for toxic environments. Our main objective is and always will be that each individual feels welcome, safe, and comfortable. And most importantly, that everyone has fun!

Interested? Check out all the important stuff from the links below!

September 2023.

First semester has come again, and all the Hogwarts students are ready to say good bye to summer and greet the autumn. This is a very eventful months for all the Hogwarts students. First travelling back to school with the famous Hogwarts Express, enjoying the Sorting Ceremony of the first years, exchanging holiday stories with peers over the Opening Banquet Feast, and getting know to new students. Meanwhile, some students are greeted with new extra responsibilities, like becoming Prefects or Head Students, or taking over Captaincy or Leader positions in their respectful teams and clubs. New classes and new schedules keep the students busy too, which makes maintaining the social life and grades immediately a challenge. It'll be up to the students to sort out their priorities; studies or friends?

Original skinning was done by these following awesome people!
Skin by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory.
Push Sidebar by MERC of Merc does Cookies.
Tooltips by MALIHU.
Pop out PM by BLACK @ Code

Add Reply
New Poll

partnerships, jayden everdragomir
Nov 23 2017, 04:25 AM

been reading books of old
the legends and the myths

Song studies people. It's something learned turned into habit, a thing Song's tried to do so many times when she was younger that it's practically muscle memory now. You can say what you want about Song Jin, but you can never say she's unobservant. Song notices people; she remembers their names, their habits, clocks in their preferences and categorizes them away, makes charts on birthdays and favorite things. She notices the troublemakers and the loners, the ones that seem a bit off and- She keeps note of the ones she thinks are interesting.

Jayden Everdragomir is one of the interesting ones, a dhampir Slytherin who keeps to himself. He doesn't like people invading his space, hates being touched, prefers to be called by his surname by strangers, and also runs a little smuggling business.

The latter point is most important to note, because Song's talked to people who have paid him and told whispers on how he delivers. She's wondered how he goes about getting his items before, but the urge to actually get involved didn't come until just recently.

It started a few days ago when she passed by him and wondered if he'd be a good friend. Instincts said that he'd be a loyal one, but Song also got the feeling it would be a trial to take. Jayden's got walls up fortified to the extreme, and Song's never really felt inclined to knock them down- Until she did, because she looked at the black haired Bulgarian and wondered, why not?

He tuns a smuggling business, Song's been bored lately, and she's also decided she's going to go ahead and start the quest that's befriending Jayden Everdragomir, so.

TIme to start, Song thinks to herself, as she skips down the stairs where she sees Jayden going up and waves to him. "Hi Everdragomir!" She greets happily, the use of a surname instead of a given reminding her of China and Mahoutokoro. "So, I heard you have a little smuggling business." (It's not a question.)

Tag(s): Jayden Everdragomir

BY MITZI
50 posts | Send Message
Hufflepuff | Sixteen | Muggleborn | Laurel, Unicorn hair, 12 ¼" | Hamster
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by Wren || Female | UTC−8:00
Link | | Quote | |
Nov 25 2017, 03:07 PM
I ain't waiting on the world to wake up, you never need luck when you
DON’T STOP
WE DON’T STOP
It's a day that hasn't been anything phenomenal. All normal stuff. Being woken up first with his rattling alarm clock, then sleeping in anyway and being startled awake again with an Aquamenti to the face by his half-veela best friend. Going to classes in a sleepy stupor. Taking a nap in the Slytherin table during lunch. Heading for another afternoon class and climbing dozens of moving stairs in the Grand Staircase...

It's a day that hasn't been anything phenomenal. But it's about to be.

And that phenomenon comes in the form of a small teenage Asian girl coming down the stairs wearing a Hufflepuff uniform, while the mixed Caucasian boy in the Slytherin uniform is coming the said same stairs up. And out of nowhere, this girl in yellow and black tie speaks right at him, which is something the one in green and silver tie didn't expect.

"Hi Everdragomir!" The girl chirps and waves, making Jay flip his gaze upwards to look at her, reacting immediately being addressed, and then looking confused for few following reasons.

He doesn't know her, but she knows his name. Why? And it's a girl talking to him, on her own accord, and that's weird enough. And it's a cute one. That doesn't usually happen. And why is she so happy about talking to him? That's not the normal tone presented at him. It's all enough to stop Jay on his tracks, his hand resting on the stone railing and staring at the girl with an expression of skeptical confusion that was screaming, "wait, this must be a trap, I don't trust it."

And she cuts right to the point, stating; "So, I heard you have a little smuggling business."

The boy stiffens immediately at first, and before he knows it even himself, he's taken the needed steps to reach the Hufflepuff, and pressed his left palm over her mouth to silence her with an intense look in his eyes. He needs her quiet. This is not the place to talk about his ways of making a quick Galleon, because sometimes it breaks more than few school rules. Hell, it breaks sometimes few Ministry rules!

He glances suspiciously at the closest portraits on the wall. All the people in them have leaned forward in their frames to listen in, but the moment the Slytherin's sharp pale blue eyes turn on them, they all immediately whirl around and pretend to be preoccupied with something else. It's so obvious they all heard and saw them, it's almost humorous. Wouldn't it be something to get Jay in trouble.

For few prolonged seconds, he just stands there and stares at them with an obviously bothered frown, and then blinking suddenly when he realizes what he's doing and releases the girl like he couldn't do it fast enough; the movement is sharp, like he's been electrocuted as he steps back, and then wipes his palm against his gray sweater where it touched her mouth.

Despite standing two steps lower than her, Jay is still as tall as her petite frame. With a lowered tone, that sounds almost accusing, he murmurs to her; "What do you need?"

Of course, he immediately expects the girl to be a potential customer. That, or she wants to blackmail him. She can, and then regret she ever tried. The half-breed boy will just have to wait and see which it is.

--------------------
I’m the poison in the lead pipes
Open me up and watch the dogs fight
91 posts | Send Message
Slytherin | Sixteen | Half-breed | Ebony, 13½ | Timber wolf
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by Wicked || Masculine | GMT +2
Link | | Quote | |
Nov 27 2017, 01:47 AM

She forgets sometimes, that the walls have ears. Well, to be more accurate, the walls have paintings that have ears and also happen to be incorrigible gossips. It'd make her paranoid as hell to let loose her secrets- But she doesn't really talk about her secrets anyways, so she guesses it's fine? Some secrets she knows aren't hers that have been let loose in these halls make her worry for a second though, but that's overpowered by the surprise she feels at Jayden Everdragomir touching her. The pressure of his hand on her mouth is soft but firm, and she's wondering if it's a good idea to wriggle out of his grip before he realizes what he's doing and gets uncomfortable.

He jerks his hand away from her like she was fire and he just realized the burn of touching her, and Song's hands twitch as she withholds the urge to raise them to ask if he's alright. Her first instinct is to grab his hands or touch his arms, but because Jayden isn't going to like that, she keeps to herself. She keeps the question of if he's alright to herself as well, figuring it's best to just continue on.

So she gives him a smile when she asks what she needs.

Song doesn't need a lot, she's got all the necessities in life. What she wants is another thing completely, and while some things are impossible, some things she can have.

"I want to be friends with you, but I'm more than willing to work up to that. At the moment though, I want in." She motions her arms outwards as she says this, a small little piece of drama tucked in with the mischief sparkling in her eyes. She wants to know how Jay does what he does, and most of all, she wants to help him out with that. Song's been bored lately, and she's always been the type of person to do whatever would interest her, regardless of how legal it was. (She does what's good by her, and that's good enough for her.)

She starts to explain her case though, like she's reading off a resume and joining Jayden's smuggling business is a job she must have. "I can already name you at least six students who would be happy to pay you to do business with them but never heard of your business before-" Muggleborns especially really miss some things in muggle life, she sure as hell knows she does. "And I can name three that know of it but are too scared to talk to you. She actually doesn't get what's so scary about the dhampir herself, but. "But more than that; you make nice references in class, you're up to some things that sound fun as heck to join, and I want to be your friend, so you should let me help you so I can also work up to that?" She hits every point she wanted to with a precision like an arrow hitting a bullseye, smiling at Jayden like she's a force of nature and knows it.

A beat, a second, before Song's smile suddenly falters. "This isn't blackmail or anything though, don't feel pressured to do anything! If you say no, I'll leave you more or less alone but-" Song shrugs lightly, continuing to speak, her next words spoken like a certainty. "I could probably double whatever profit you're making now."

BY MITZI
50 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Nov 27 2017, 04:25 PM
DON’T STOP
WE DON’T STOP
If Jayden Everdragomir is something, it's a cynic. He's a skeptical realist, a borderline pessimist, who knows to consider the worst out of people by default to avoid disappointments. And when it comes to people, disappointments are more likely to happen than being positively surprised. So he's always ready for everything. Or so he thought.

"I want to be friends with you, but I'm more than willing to work up to that. At the moment though, I want in." The Hufflepuff girl drops it all like it was no big deal. Jay stares at her blankly, like the amount of weirdness of this request didn't quite register on the first try. And when it finally starts to, his expression begins to look all kinds of confused again, but before the boy gets a chance to word out anything what he thinks about it, the girl presses on.

"I can already name you at least six students who would be happy to pay you to do business with them but never heard of your business before-" She explains it like a lawyer in court trying to defend her case, and rolling over him like a steam engine train or a street roller, "And I can name three that know of it but are too scared to talk to you."

Jay lifts his finger and opens his mouth to reply, but she's not done, continuing with pressing forward and leaving the Slytherin into the dust. "But more than that; you make nice references in class, you're up to some things that sound fun as heck to join, and I want to be your friend, so you should let me help you so I can also work up to that?"

The last part is phrased like a question, and before Jay realizes it himself, he's somehow nodding along -- and catches himself in the act. The boy squints his eyes like he's asking what kind of fuckery is this, and looks up at the Hufflepuff who's practically beaming at him, like he's wordlessly saying 'Damn, she's good.'

There's a beat of silence. At this point, Jay's already expecting her to say something more. And he's right, she eventually does, however with her confident smile faltering as she does.

"This isn't blackmail or anything though, don't feel pressured to do anything! If you say no, I'll leave you more or less alone but-" She shrugs and then says it almost nonchalantly, like stating a fact, "I could probably double whatever profit you're making now."

She's thrown a hook. And Jay's taken the bait.

It's a no-brainer, really. She's already proven to be way more capable at socializing, effectively shutting him up, given a sales speech of the century and the boy is obviously now interested enough to lean on the stone railing again, weighing it all in his mind.

It's a long silence. Jay's a lot about those, especially when he thinks. His gaze is cast down into the depths of the moving staircase where you can see the bottom floor easy enough from few floors above where they're standing. Few kids are climbing the stairs here and there, and few of them stumble a bit when one of the stairs suddenly begin to move in mid descent.

What is with these pushy people, recently? So annoying. First his roommate wants to befriend him after two years at the start of term, and now this one. Who the hell is she anyway? The raven haired lad rarely pays attention to the people around himself he doesn't particularly care about, so she's not someone who's stuck into his memory. Especially when it's a big school and they're in different houses.

Jay's not too sure about the friend part. But he knows good business.

"...Ten percent." Jay suddenly speaks up, lifting up his piercing eyes to meet the girl's amber ones; where his are made out of cold pale hue of arctic blue, hers are warm tones of darker cocoa and bright honey. He leans his hip against the railing and folds his arms to his chest, ready for any sort of haggling about their shares on the profits. "For each order you handle. Thirty for every new customer. If you really can turn my profits up, I'll consider raising your share. Fair?"

The girl's presence is like a magnet, and she easily gathers all the attention to her with her charisma, and it is easy to forget everything else. And it's a good thing, as Jay observes; she's impossible to actually ignore when she wants to be seen and heard. However, at this point he realizes it's almost too effective, as he remembers something important again, and flips his sharp eyes again towards the paintings.

The people in them slink back again. One of them actually whistles.

"...This is not the place to talk." Jay murmurs, straightens his posture and lets his hands drop relaxed to his sides. He turns around and starts going back down the stairs, nudging his head at the girl to follow him. "Come on, let's get somewhere more quiet."

He dips into the fourth floor staircase archway that turns towards the corridor, slinking into the dim light of the stone walls. It's good enough. Jay doesn't want to wander off too far, he has a class to attend soon, and so does probably the girl. He can't afford to be too tardy already in the beginning of the year if he can affect it.

"So, your name is...?" The half-breed drifts off with the question, hoping she would fill in the blanks for him.

--------------------
91 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Dec 6 2017, 09:14 PM

This is what she's noticed about Jayden Everdragomir; he's the type that's indifferent to most people as a whole, but he's in no ways stupid. He's ambitious, just like his house, sees opportunities and grabs them for himself. It's no hubris for Song to say she has a talent in business, at least the side that has to do with people, so she can't say she expected him to refuse her. This is all in her realm of expectations, but she still can't help the pleasant surprise that swells in her chest, the pleased lilt to her lips that appears when Jayden tells her the cut he's willing to give her.

Before he can answer her, he's nudging her away to somewhere more private, eyes kept firmly on the paintings. The walls have ears, Song repeats to herself, but Song's always the kind of person who would talk to anyone willing to listen- She likes listening to the paintings, they have the best gossip even if some of it is horribly, horribly off. (All the more better for her though, because it gives her opportunities to investigate and learn truths from lies, figure out where the rumors all spout from because even things outlandish have something they began with.) She has no doubt they're going to gossip about this, although she can't say how big it will get.

She needs to bribe them to keep quiet about the deal, doesn't she?

Or maybe- Maybe she can just give them something better. Song's always loved messing with the rumor mill, always found it hilarious what kinds of things come up about her whether they're true or not. She likes the garish and outlandish just as much as she likes the simple and true, and while Song's always tried to keep honesty as a trait of hers, she's too good at lying to not find it absolutely hilarious to fib every once in a while.

So when she follows after Jayden, she winks at the paintings that are peering back into their frames curiously, putting a finger to her lips to signify a secret even though she knows some of these paintings are the worst secret keepers she's ever met. Song has to stifle a laugh when she sees the shine in some of the ladies' eyes, one of them leaving her frame immediately to run off.

When he stops, Song stops with him, eyes roaming the area around her for a second because she wasn't quite paying attention to where she was going. After figuring out where she was, Song looks back at Jayden and finishes his sentence.

"Song Jin." She enthuses, before she finally addresses the deal he offered with her. She's not so much in it for the money as she is for the fun of it, so she doesn't mind a 10% cut- It makes sense, and the 30% for everyone she brings in is a good deal. He doesn't know if she can actually pick up his profits or not, and Song has to prove it, so she's actually for this. But. ""And you have a deal if you show me how you smuggle things and let me come along sometimes too." Because Song can do business with other people happily, but she still wants to get on that semi-illegal action too.

BY MITZI
50 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Dec 7 2017, 07:11 PM
DON’T STOP
WE DON’T STOP
She introduces herself as Song Jin. That's an interesting name, he observes, but doesn't do so out loud. Jay pushes his hands into the pockets of his uniform trousers, and wonders if he should introduce himself or not. She did seem to know his name already, so perhaps the whole point of doing that would be redundant.

And then, Jin says; "And you have a deal if you show me how you smuggle things and let me come along sometimes too."

He pauses, and gives her a skeptical, knowing look. Like he was expecting her to show him her cards eventually. And here it was, the motive she acted upon.

"...If you're trying to do pry to find my ways of making coin so you can copy it and start your own business yourself, I hate to break it to you lass, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be impossible for you." Obviously, he wasn't hiding the fact that he was the type to expect the worst from people, and trusted truly no-one. Especially when it came to business. Making money, even among teenagers, could be brutal. Business, legal or illegal, was survival of the fittest. There were only two types of people. Those who fought with tooth and nail, and those who simply rolled over and died. Now, make a wild guess which one he was.

Considering it in a brief silence, Jay seemed to come into a conclusion with a click of his tongue. "Fine. I'll show you. But when I do, I'm gonna need you to follow everything I say and not question shit. If you'll slow me down, I'll leave you behind. And if you tattle, you'll be sorry. Understand?" As they said, there was no honor among thieves.

"Why the bloody hell you'd want to do that, anyway? It's sketchy, and if you get caught you'll be in trouble. Like, we might get expelled kind of trouble. You still wanna take the risk?" Of course, he doubted this little Hufflepuff girl. She didn't exactly look like the spunky type who liked trouble for the sake of trouble, unlike him. Perhaps with few intimidating words like this, she's start doubting herself and change her mind.

--------------------
91 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Dec 15 2017, 03:31 PM

"...If you're trying to do pry to find my ways of making coin so you can copy it and start your own business yourself, I hate to break it to you lass, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be impossible for you." Song blinks once, scrunching her nose before she remembers that Jayden doesn't know her. If Song wanted to make a business, she certainly wouldn't make it a smuggling one. She'd do something with charms, favors, or gossips instead, make a business in the things she's skilled enough in that she can hold confidence in making profit from it. Song can sneak around but she has no methods to get items that won't rely on other people, doesn't have any ins that will give her the items she needs that people would want. She's just in this for the fun of it, like she does half of the things she ever does. He agrees to it in the end though, so Song doesn't reply back immediately, although she does furrow her eyebrows at his threat towards her.

Song's no snitch, not the kind that tattles or the kind that concludes a quidditch game.

He continues before she can respond to that though, asking her why she would want to join in on that despite all the risk behind it. His expression is so dubious that Song can't help but giggle, the thoughtful expression on her face as he was speaking replacing itself with a smile forged of mischief and unbidden excitement, a sparkle on her eyes that's easy to recognize from trouble maker to troublemaker. "Isn't that half the fun of it?" She asks Jayden, clasping her hands together as she looks at him with curious amber eyes.

Here's the thing, they say opposites attract but like begets like; people with the same hobbies and wants find something in common to group together for, there needs to be some sort of foothold to make any relationship. Song knows she looks sweet, knows that kindness comes easy to her while others might be wary of it but- She's also someone who feels a rush with danger, who was almost put in Gryffindor because she was brave and impulsive and fearless. Song's never been one afraid of repercussions, she's more someone who has too much fun slipping away from them.

"I don't want to steal your business and don't have any intention of tattling." She begins, words of clarification before she spills the exact reason why she's called him over and barged into his life like this. "I'm just bored- So I want to change that. I want..." Her smile turns into something a bit more crooked, like she's expecting disbelief or a raised eyebrow from the dhampir before her at her next words. "To be your friend, and to have some fun, and that's really kind of it."

BY MITZI
50 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Dec 23 2017, 05:36 PM
DON’T STOP
WE DON’T STOP
This girl really was all about false advertisement.

She looks cute and innocent, with her East-Asian features making her more small and delicate than your typical Caucasian girl ever could be. Out of racial stereotype, you'd think her smart in school, the type that puts grades first, docile and polite. Out of house stereotype, you'd think her of as kind and the type who plays by the rules and what's fair, probably someone who follows law to the point she'd never even have a parking ticket.

But with that mischievous sparkle in her eyes and the conspiracy smile that followed his question, you know immediately it was all probably just an illusion.

"Isn't that half the fun of it?" Jin clasps her hands together and looks at him like she knows that he knows and that he knows that she knows. He blinks in obvious surprise. And she's right. A dog knows a dog. If it wasn't for the money, Jay would be doing this for the thrill of it. And so he learned right then and there to never judge a book by its cover ever again. He can't help the pleased smirk that forces itself upon his face. He really might have got something here indeed.

"I don't want to steal your business and don't have any intention of tattling." She clears, perhaps partially out of pride that has been insulted through his skepticism, perhaps in order to build trust between them which is needed. "I'm just bored- So I want to change that. I want..." Jay cocks his eyebrows at her, waiting for her to go on and finish that sentence. "To be your friend, and to have some fun, and that's really kind of it."

There's a beat of silence before he addresses the last part.

"Why the bloody hell would you want to be my friend?" Jay asks, genuinely confused. What's with this year, seriously. It's not that he's complaining, he really does need more mates but... He's not very good at keeping them. Nurturing relationships doesn't come to him easily. And then there's his reputation, which isn't exactly stellar. You'd think people would want to keep away from him to avoid getting mixed into all kinds of things he tends to get mixed into one way or another. But lately in the past couple of years, he's been slowly pulling some individuals to himself. Jay's not sure how he does it, and he's pretty sure he's not been doing anything particular to cause it. It's not like he's particularly trying. And yet, they somehow come to him, wanting to be his friends anyway.

"You... do know what they're saying about me, right? And you're alright with that?" The half-breed boy asks dubiously, like he's trying to give the girl a chance to change her mind and back away while she still can. One of his hands reach up to brush the fingers through the short dark hairs in the back of his neck, rubbing awkwardly while trying to wrap his head around Song Jin. Who is this girl who just comes out of nowhere and is like a force of nature? She's asking him for permission, and he should be in control of the whole situation. But somehow, Jay feels like she leaves him no choice but to agree to everything she's saying. No, he knows she leaves him no other choice. Jin has a charisma unlike any other he's ever seen. It's not as overwhelming and aggressive as Sabrina's is, the Hufflepuff is more subtle in her ways. Everything she says is so nice and kind it's like she naturally diffuses all the aggression within him.

It's weird. Now that he thinks about it, all his words have been kind of harsh, attacking even. Jay is aware he's got a shotgun for a mouth. But she's been pulling each of them apart, and made them harmless with her answers. A gun is only harmful if its parts are together; it can't shoot bullets if it's undone. And that's what she makes him feel like. Just cogs and gears neatly arranged on the table for her to study, to see what does what, how it all works, what makes him tick.

And yet, somehow, Jay finds that he doesn't mind as much as he probably should.

--------------------
91 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Jan 3 2018, 12:31 PM

He keeps giving her a chance to step away from him, wash her hands of the matter and call it good before they even began. It makes Song wonder, just a bit, why so. She can make her guesses (insecurity, kindness, a need to push people away, a second guess of his own decision to accept her deal) but she thinks time spent with him is what will give way to the real answer. She doesn't know if she should comment on that or not, but instead she gives him a smile at the mention of the rumors that shroud around him like a cloak. It's a crooked smile, just amused instead of particularly bright.

They call him the boogeyman of Hogwarts, say that he roams the hall to attack whatever poor soul if wandering it with sharp fangs and a thirst for blood. They say he got expelled for fighting, and they question why Hogwarts would accept someone who's obviously trouble.

"I know what they're saying- Whether I believe it is another thing completely." She responds, shrugging her shoulders. "I don't actually think you're that scary?" It sounds like a question, the way she phrases it but it's really more a statement. Song's own boogeyman is her mother, or abandonment, but that's much less tangible. Monsters like vampires or werewolves don't scare you as much when you know your own so well. She feels like the rumors play on the fact that he's different more than anything, the vampiric blood in his veins the half of him that's much more impactful that the wizard side.

Really, if any of the half breeds should be considered terrifying, it should be Sabrina Gallagher instead of Jayden. One word from Sabrina and Song is honestly ready to be at her beck and call, Sabrina is beautiful and Song is weak. Song's never met a full veela before, but if she does, she thinks she might actually implode on the spot or offer to serve them for life. (Yeah. Best to stay at a safe distance.)

"And that thing about staying away from you because you were expelled from that last school for fighting-" Song suddenly inserts, because she doesn't really like violence (well, she'll still cheer on her friends in a scuffle) but she has feelings about the idea that you should stay away from someone because of a fight they got in their last school. "I think that's so stupid? Because- Even if it's true, we don't know the context. It was a fight and people fight for different reasons... I mean, if they're shitty reasons, then yeah be careful, and it's implied that you-" Song cuts herself off and slips her hands in the opposite sleeves of her big robe, her lips pursed as her amber eyes meet his blue ones. "Long story short, I think rumors are interesting to hear but I prefer to make my own decisions on people, you know?"

BY MITZI
50 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Jan 3 2018, 07:08 PM
DON’T STOP
WE DON’T STOP
Jin addresses his concerns like he's talking about the damn weather; with nonchalance and a smile, like she's pointing out that it rains all the damn time anyway, so since it's coming down either way, she'd just rather dance in it.

"I know what they're saying- Whether I believe it is another thing completely." The Hufflepuff girl points out, and then adds; "I don't actually think you're that scary?"

She makes it sound like a statement dressed as a question, and Jay can't figure out if it's because of uncertainty or not. This girl is a rare breed, and he can't figure her out. Not yet, at least. But he will. One day eventually, perhaps. Just today's not that day.

"And that thing about staying away from you because you were expelled from that last school for fighting-" Jin brings up the past that still nips at his heels, and Jay actually groans a little. It's been over two years, can't we just let it go already? "I think that's so stupid? Because- Even if it's true, we don't know the context. It was a fight and people fight for different reasons... I mean, if they're shitty reasons, then yeah be careful, and it's implied that you-" She cuts herself off, pushes her hands into the pockets of her robe, and meets his gaze head on before continuing, "Long story short, I think rumors are interesting to hear but I prefer to make my own decisions on people, you know?"

They look at each other for a long moment in silence after. Jay's the first to turn his gaze away.

He's got the general idea what people are saying about him. Sharp ears, yeah?

"...I guess you could say it was stupid reasons." Jay states, figuring getting into an unnecessary scuffle with Carrow's group of friends back then was stupid. Especially when it wasn't even about himself, but some kid who was their target. And that very same kid was the one who tattled and got him ultimately expelled in the first place. And Jay can't even say he was trying to exactly help the kid out either. Back then, for him, it had been just an excuse to look for a fight. Like it was righteous of him to use violence in disguise of helping out someone. But in truth, he had been just an angry kid, taking out his frustration.

He'll remember Andrei's expression for the rest of his life when the man stepped off the Headmaster's office back then. Disappointment.

Jay shrugs, not explaining further. "What can I say? I was sorted into the house of the cunning and ambitious, not in the house of good ideas."

He grasps the leather strap of his book bag, and regards the Hufflepuff girl with a look that is obviously intrigued, but careful. Like a wild animal approaching something new, trying to figure out if it's going to be dangerous to him or not. "Fine then, make your own mind about me. You may come to notice not everything they say is entirely untrue, and perhaps you should have decided different. But that's ultimately up to you, you've been warned." He pauses, and then figures he might as well ask, because he's curious, "What are your thoughts right now?"

--------------------
91 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Jan 7 2018, 03:11 PM

"What are your thoughts right now?"

Song blinks in surprise at that question, wondering where exactly it came from. It feels like a moment of boldness from Jayden even though he's nothing if not bold, a splash of color in a monochrome world that finds no satisfaction staying in the lines. She feels like she should return that boldness and confess her true thoughts instead of sugar coated compliments, wonders if her analysis forming of Jayden is something that's too invasive to bring aloud at this point in time.

(Take a chance, Jin Song. See how it goes.)

Song's contradictory in how she's cautious but not at the same time, goes through a thorny path without worrying about the thorns scratching her skin but taking care not to disturb the flowers;. She's careless when she figures there's no harm to be so, but also so careful not to step on unknown minefields even so. She doesn't know Jayden, but she feels like getting there is an obstacle course on a mine field. Though, she's not sure exactly what stepping on a mine entails- Maybe violence, maybe defense, maybe barbed words meant to stab and sting. Stepping on a mine might be the only way to know, and Song doesn't really want to.

Her thoughts, though.

"It's going to be difficult to get close to you, because you've got so many walls erected to protect yourself, so many signs saying keep out but-" A small smile, a huff of laughter and then an easy admittance of. "It won't be difficult at all to like you though, I think we'll have fun together." They just begun and she already wants to go to the next chapter; she's eager to see how Jayden makes smuggling his trade and eager to be able to step out of Hogwarts to somewhere else for a while. Her smile turns cheeky as she gives Jayden a look, an easy twinkle in amber eyes as she shoots back the same question he did. "What are your thoughts?"

BY MITZI
50 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Jan 10 2018, 01:54 PM
DON’T STOP
WE DON’T STOP
Jin blinks in surprise. Obviously the Slytherin has thrown something at the Hufflepuff that she didn't expect, which is straightforward honesty in all its simplicity. Jay's not the type to beat around the bush, he just goes straight to the point. If he wonders, he asks. If someone asks him, he states as it is without sugarcoating it -- that shit's for Willy Wonka. But he's also contradictory; unless he's prompted, he's quiet and keeps to himself. There's a lot going on his head all the time and only a fraction gets put into words. Sometimes, it's not because he doesn't want to, but rather because he doesn't know how to. Expressing himself has never been Jay's strong suit. Well, not at least the way he'd want to. It often comes out somehow wrong.

He's the one who's confused. He doesn't know why he instigates, or why he says things he doesn't necessarily mean. It just sort of... happens.

Song Jin decides to speak up after a moment of hesitation; "It's going to be difficult to get close to you, because you've got so many walls erected to protect yourself, so many signs saying keep out but--" There's a small smile and a huff of laughter, and then an easy admittance. "It won't be difficult at all to like you though, I think we'll have fun together."

Now it's Jay's turn to blink in surprise. For the first time in a long time, he's speechless.

Jin's smile turns cheeky as she gives him a particular look that kind of... gets to him. Jay's fingers clasp the leather strap of his book bag harder, the knuckles whitening. He's not entirely sure how she does it, but she's somehow managing to get under his skin. And he's not yet sure if he's comfortable with it. He's got the feeling like she sees through him. Like she sees more than she's supposed to. And the voice in his head is starting to whisper for him to run.

"What are your thoughts?" The Hufflepuff throws the question right back at him.

The boy lets out a small, disgruntled huff. "I don't know yet."

It's an admittance of defeat. He can't read this girl very well, not yet. But Jay's got a feeling he might be in over his head with her. He's got an urge to back off, so he physically does; he steps back a little, putting more distance between the two of them. It doesn't exactly make anything that different, but... He can convince himself to think it does. Jay crosses his arms to his chest. She's right about the walls, and his body language is telling he's putting up one right now. Like he's saying that's close enough.

"I can't figure you out. But I will, in time." And whatever hidden motive the girl had, he'd find it. "You're all that cutesy thing you Hufflepuffs have going on, but I know there's more than that. Otherwise, you wouldn't have sought me out for this. Not only for fun, like you claim."

Then, Jay smirks. That crooked smirk of his, like he's up to something. "You came looking for trouble. Well congratulations, you've found it."

He skirts around Jin, glancing her small delicate frame up and down, appraising her once more. He stops by the archway towards the Grand Staircase, and peeks out. It's empty, everyone's already gone to where their classes are being held. The bell's about to ring soon, and so should be both of them going as well.

Jay stands straight again, and turns to look at Song Jin, raising an eyebrow at her. It's time to see if the Hufflepuff really has what it takes, or if she's just a goody two shoes aspiring to play the role of a bad kid because it seems charming.

"We're skipping class." He states, and starts backing off the shaded archway into the light of the open Grand Staircase, right in the open where everyone and anyone could see them. "You coming, 'Puff? Or are you scared of losing a few points? Or perhaps detention?" He clicks his tongue, "Or perhaps, being seen and associated with me? Goodness gracious, what will people say?"

Another flash of a smirk and those sharp sheathed canines, and the lad is already taking steps up with those long legs of his.

Up, up and up he goes, climbing the stairs for what seems like the longest time. Up until he reaches the seventh floor, and ducks into the hallway from under the archway, never looking back if the girl is even following him or if she can keep up. If she wants to be part of his business, she needs to learn to pull her own weight. Jay's definitely not pulling it for her.

Song Jin Alright, up to you how this goes; if she follows him or not, that's obviously up to you. If she does, my next post after yours is going to be in the 7th floor corridor, so I'm closing and archiving this thread depending how you'll react to it.

--------------------
91 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory
Affiliates

RPG-D Sengoku Horizon
Rise of the Believers DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay realm of the seven Ataraxy STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Forge
FF:Adventu Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Avalon a Panfandom RP Estorica