Welcome to Priori Incantatem
All witches and wizards aboard the Hogwarts Express from Platform 9¾!

Priori Incantatem welcomes everyone to a fascinating adventure into a modern version of Harry Potter roleplaying, where nostalgia of what we know about Hogwarts meets with new exciting characters we haven't met before. We closely follow canon and the Wizard World history for what has happened in the past, but entwine our own characters into the story to make it ours. Only the canon logic, occasional rules, and your own imagination is your limit.

Priori Incantatem encourages independent roleplaying and creative self-expression, and thus we have set the bar for players to be advanced level writers so that we can trust everything runs smoothly. Every player and character is carefully scoped by staff, and we have a zero tolerance policy for toxic environments. Our main objective is and always will be that each individual feels welcome, safe, and comfortable. And most importantly, that everyone has fun!

Interested? Check out all the important stuff from the links below!

September 2023.

First semester has come again, and all the Hogwarts students are ready to say good bye to summer and greet the autumn. This is a very eventful months for all the Hogwarts students. First travelling back to school with the famous Hogwarts Express, enjoying the Sorting Ceremony of the first years, exchanging holiday stories with peers over the Opening Banquet Feast, and getting know to new students. Meanwhile, some students are greeted with new extra responsibilities, like becoming Prefects or Head Students, or taking over Captaincy or Leader positions in their respectful teams and clubs. New classes and new schedules keep the students busy too, which makes maintaining the social life and grades immediately a challenge. It'll be up to the students to sort out their priorities; studies or friends?

Original skinning was done by these following awesome people!
Skin by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory.
Push Sidebar by MERC of Merc does Cookies.
Tooltips by MALIHU.
Pop out PM by BLACK @ Code

Add Reply
New Poll

Stuck in the Middle with You, Pt 1. feat. Dr. Dre van Baelsar
Feb 12 2018, 09:45 PM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
The crackling of the fire, and the depth of the lake above did little to mute the thunder that rumbled in the sky over Hogwarts. The last vestiges of a dying summer, cool winter wind warring with the warm climate that the denizens of Briton had previously enjoyed. His obligations done for the day, the Blackadder heir sat near the fire in the common room, reading as he occasionally did. Stretched out across a daybed near the mantle, uncomfortable shoes kicked off on the floor haphazardly, and his wand by his side, Andoles was thankful to be out of the rain.

Judging by the muffled roars it was a particularly nasty storm. While he had not been fearful of such weather since he was a small child, the power of nature never truly ceased to frighten him. Even magic could not fully tame such a beast. Keeping his mind on the words rolling in front of his chocolate brown eyes, he was rather engrossed within the out of date copy of Transfiguration Today he had come away with despite a eventful visit to the library earlier in the week. Even the occasional wail of the squid out in the lake did little to pull him from his reading.

Perhaps it wasn't an important tome, and just a rag full of magical rumors and speculation, but there was always a little truth in a lie, at least if you were good at it. In the back of his mind, he hoped he could be left in peace for the evening. Between have his time wasted with Aedan, or avoiding awkwardness with Dmitry, a lot of his free time was being eaten up on frivolity. Still, he never said no, did he? Sharpening his gaze to ignore that fact, Andy paid little mind to any passers by, so long and they didn't bother him. And rarely did they bother him.

He had something of a reputation.

Of course part of that meant that he could just as easily be found napping her within an hour or two. Thankfully he didn't have any clubs tonight, so Voronin shouldn't bother him. After all they had an agreement of no points off for a while. Why not exploit in every small way he could? Shifting positions on the daybed, leaning more fully onto the arm, and crossing his legs over one another, he was getting into an article about the dangers of attempting to transfigure people into other things. Totally fine if it was animals though...

The navigation of his moral landscape through literature left him ignorant to any who would approach.

60 posts | Send Message
Slytherin | Fourteen | Halfblood | Maple, Dragon Heartstring, 13 ½, Unyielding | Uncorporeal
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by Sovetskii Soryuz || Masculine | EST
Link | | Quote | |
Feb 12 2018, 11:17 PM

Our mutually assured punishment

Frivolous freetime; something long overdue for the youngest of the Baelsar family. What seemed like a virtue, escaped by his affectionately pronounced "dearest cousin," felt belated in the regards to Flandre. Many without gumption to find way to flex and bend the rule of Hogwarts generally found themselves passing the days fleetingly, so he thought. As for the fourth year himself, seldom did he find that very gumption until it boiled. The drive of curiosities, boiling and boiling, up and up until the pressure was far too great to bear. So great it'd be like a whistling kettle, neigh ready to up and BURST! ...Except that wasn't the case at all. There really wasn't much beauty or grace about such a violent display of impulsiveness, was there?

Stunted opportunities of mischief would leave something to be desired, of course. Such was the end goal, to find what would scratch that adventurous itch that had grown more and more irritating as time went on. As his research in recent time would show, perhaps the very thing to scratch that metaphorical itch would be a bit more feathery than one could initially imagine for the boy named Flandre. The revelation of his end goals would be presented soon to someone that wasn't himself though, as for the past few days were rather dedicated to methodical and mental planning. There was much searching to be had, of what he wanted. Chaos simply for chaos just wouldn't fit. Such a dark, meaningless mindset. No, he wanted something. Something he didn't have while he was here... And the first thing on that list? Rain.

Patiently awaiting rain was met with promise as all would expect, and as it came, on this sun it came hard. The ever pleasant sound of the elements beating against the surface of the lake surrounding the common room of the serpentine house was a soothing one to Flandre's ears. It couldn't have made what he wanted feel all the more opportune, yet perhaps all the more dangerous.

Unfortunately the weather-based ambience of the room wouldn't be the only thing filling it, as would come apparent in nearest of futures. As future would then swiftly turn to present, a voice nagging for conversation from the occupied wizard would come from behind the daybed where he reclined.

"Andy," The voice beckoned. As if the single utterance of the name wasn't enough to steal away the engrossed boys attention, the owner of that very voice made themselves visible. With arms folding atop one another along the leather padded length of the couches backrest and frame, the androgynous student would be peering over at the seventh of the Blackadders with something that wasn't the typically mild apathy in his rather feminine eyes.

"Andy," ...More insistence that time, it seems? "...I need a favour from you, if you'd pull your face out of that book for a moment." Flandre seemed to be a chiding one, but his expression betrayed any genuine annoyance from what he spoke, his tone familiar and clear in speaking to Andoles.

9 posts | Send Message
Slytherin | Fourteen | Halfblood | Hazel, Dragon heartstring, 13 ½", Hard | Uncorporeal
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by Getsu || Anything | EST
Link | | Quote | |
Feb 13 2018, 09:16 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
There was the thought that his name was called. But no realization came until he felt the depression of the comfy material behind his head. Frowning, the young wizard looked up to find a somewhat familiar sight. The idiotic mossy locks of the g.i.r.l. were unmistakable. Flandre was a distant cousin and one that he had never met in the flesh until their first year here. Before that he knew of her and her family almost I’m name only. He wasn't sure why she dyed her hair. House pride?

''My nose is where it needs to be,'' came a tone with slight annoyance. ''Yours isn't.'' Many could hardly guess that the two were family as they weren't hovering around each other like most were. With huff, and a glance at the page number he was on, the magazine was closed and sat to the side while he simultaneously threw his legs over the side of his seat. A groan had to be suppressed as he did so. Sitting up was far less comfortable than lounging around.

''Well miss mint waffle, what arduous task needs the expertise of the heirs of Briton?'' So far as he understood, Flan's Baelsars hadn't come to the UK until sometime after he had. They lived on the opposite side of the island nation from his ancestral estate. Grandfather had prattled on about it, but he was both too young and too self absorbed to care at the time. At least one of those things had not changed over the years.

60 posts | Send Message
Slytherin | Fourteen | Halfblood | Maple, Dragon Heartstring, 13 ½, Unyielding | Uncorporeal
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by Sovetskii Soryuz || Masculine | EST
Link | | Quote | |
Feb 13 2018, 01:56 PM

"I'd beg to differ," he would start to the pretentious response earned by his cousin. Of course, something like that would come from his mouth. He hardly expected less. Prattle like this wasn't the most defining feature of their relationship as family, but it was enjoyable to be had with someone a little bit more familiar. To any other poor soul here, Flandre's words likely could roll off with a little more venom than he'd care to consider, lest they were as close as this. Such a thing wasn't the height of his concerns at the moment though...

The height of them straddled at the promise of his compliance. It was in reach, and Flandre needed to only take it into his pretty little fingers... Lest it slip away in the stubbornness that was bound to surface from the other once the proposition of his idea was made. ...Or more prattle. It could easily slip away into more prattle, too. He aired a quiet sigh as he rounded the furniture, his hand dropping from the leathery support of the couch as he made way to stand just to the side of the coffee table. Naturally, Flandre was in his uniform; a females uniform at that. This place really did have a loungeable atmosphere, though. He should come read here more now that he considers it idly.

"I need compliance I can't quite be promised from just anybody. Being said, Andolt," Fladre paused, taking a moment to appreciate his own comeback with a tiny smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "I need you to help me search for something. Something that isn't inside the school." He'd say, now just flavoring his own words and ultimately his plan with ambiguity, testing the waters for his cousin. He wouldn't be surprised if he found reason to put some things in the light of questioning already. "Before you ask; yes. We'll be going in the rain, if you're agreeing. More specifically, we'll be going into the Forbidden Forest. As it stands, what I'm looking for hunts, and it only hunts in this kind of weather. Don't you think now is a good of a time as ever to go looking for it? Risk of elements being absolutely awful to us aside."

9 posts | Send Message
Slytherin | Fourteen | Halfblood | Hazel, Dragon heartstring, 13 ½", Hard | Uncorporeal
Link | | Quote | |
Feb 13 2018, 07:15 PM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
The girl could beg all she liked. He was snug here at the moment and didn't want to venture back out into the school proper. Not even Dmitry could convince him to dip out for another late night outing right now. She came to stand in front of as she presented her case to him. Starting out by insulting him was a nice touch. Fantastic way to butter him up right there. Insults were his job. Still, he smirked at the attempt. For someone who wasn't looking to get carried away, she may find a force of nature all her own here.

At first, Andy thought that perhaps she had lost something. She was being vague, so he supposed she had stolen it. Or perhaps it was something she wasn't meant to have in the first place. He was intrigued until she mentioned going out into the tempest to fetch it. It could be one of Flan's damn earrings for all he knew. She would definitely want another pair of eyes, need another pair of eyes to find it in this shit. If he wasn't enthused enough, and it definitely had to show upon his face, then he surely wasn't by the time she shut her mouth.

''Well, Flandreary, are you mad?'' A rhetorical question he already knew the answer to. ''Going out into the Forest? This close to dark? You want to be stuck out there in the middle of the fucking night? You know it's forbidden for a reason, right?'' The boy leaned back against the thinner, harder spine of the daybed, crossing his arms. ''And it's not cause it's a smashing holiday spot for the faculty.'' The young Slytherin had never been good with animals, magical or otherwise. He didn't know exactly what she wanted, but it sounded like a pain in the ass magical beast.

''What's in it for me?'' The most important question, and the one that she likely should have started with.

60 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Feb 16 2018, 11:36 PM

Ah yes. His clear as day glee to the idea was more than enough to tell Flandre if he didn't know it already that this, in fact, was the Andoles Blackadder VII. "Oh, forgive me. I wasn't aware of the storm. It isn't as if I heard nor saw it at all." A cheeky reply, surely. Though the annoyance that could've spilled through in that response didn't, Flandre let out a quiet huff in regards to his cousin's choice words all the more. The cumbersome effort that was making him tag along for this was expected, though. Flandre doesn't exactly have room to complain here.

"Might I add that I'm looking to acquire an Augurey. I asked you on a rainy day on purpose. Surely you don't think that little me would pick the worst kind of days for wanting your help because I just love a challenge, Andy. Dear me, would you imply I just pull one out of my arse? I hate getting wet as much as you do." A pout. The puff of his cheeks paired with the subtle furrow of his brow through his lenses were certainly enough to get across Flandre was more serious about this than not. Of course, that playful expression dimmed and dimmed. The inevitability of it all that came from Andoles' statement regarding what he could do for his cousin to convince him was still all the more daunting. What's even more unfortunate?

Flandre knew exactly what he could do for his cousin to convince him. Swallowing that reality still seemed like a horse pill and a half, but sacrifices must be made for things he wants, lest envy eat away from the inside out and he gets impulsive! Haha, that's no good for anyone at all, now is it. Still, he is at least a bit disappointed having to trudge through rain and forbidden forests alike would've been enough spent getting Andoles on his side.

A moment of silence was offered between them. For the briefest of moments, Flandre was likely recounting his decision of even trying. Was what he was really willing to wager to Andoles that bad? ...Why yes. Absolutely. "...Your homework." He'd say, if begrudgingly at that. "...At least-- for the classes we share. I'm willing to do your homework." ...Now, here's to riding on the hopes Andoles wont ask how long. Oh dear.

9 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Feb 19 2018, 09:45 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
His face contorted into a mask of 'done with your shit' at the remark about the rain. What that the point of that? He knew she knew. The little huff at the end made it all the more annoying to him. Surely she had known him long enough to know such a suggestion would be taken on its face. He had best get something good out of this. The expression morphed into a frown of disapproval. The wheels within his head turned as she mentioned the creature she sought.

''What? That stupid green bird that wails all the time?'' A look of disgust momentarily appeared. ''You looking to spook the whole of the girl's dorm?'' He had read Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried as a younger child. People were stupidly superstitious about a glorified vulture. To be fair, he understood why it was disliked. It was purported to be really annoying which made sense to Andoles. It was just another jabbering avian that would probably better serve as dinner. Flan finally got to the point though.

''Oh.'' Abdoles looked intrigued. ''Hmmm.'' A hand can up to stroke his beardless chin. That was a decent offer. Homework at Hogwarts was no shit, and it only promised to get harder as the years went on. He came to stand before Flandre, and offered a hand for a snake. ''For the duration,'' He specified. ''And this counts regardless of rather or not we catch it,'' Blackadders liked to start their bids high. ''You're bartering for my time and expertise after all.'' An evil glint lit his eye as he smirked.

60 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory
Affiliates

RPG-D Sengoku Horizon
Rise of the Believers DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay realm of the seven Ataraxy STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Forge
FF:Adventu Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Avalon a Panfandom RP Estorica