Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Ad Hominem [C]
Aedan Quigley
Mar 21 2018, 08:22 PM
We are all made of stardust

Aedan sat upright, leaning with his chin into his arms at his table in the library, staring down a large tome. Except they were not his eyes, but the novelty googly-eyes of muggle invention (although luckily Zonko's Joke Shop carried a charmed wizard equivalent with fully-autonomous pupils), and he was not awake, but sleeping. An advanced Transfiguration book iterating on the concepts of conjuration and alteration that had been recommended to him by their Headmistress upon her seeing him struggling with a much lengthier tome that belonged to some forgotten Greek wizard's magnum opus. Except he was still quite disinterested in reading either, honestly.

So instead of appearing rude or unappreciative, he decided to try and play a ruse, sticking the googly-eyes to his closed eyelids and taking a power nap in broad daylight. All under the watchful surveillance of the legalistic librarian. She was downright evil. Never liked to leave Aedan in the library without haggling him to check out a book and leave. Although, in her defense, he'd damaged several copies of important books by drooling on them. But it's not like he'd meant to! He just sort of fell asleep, and...

As it was, he'd fallen asleep again, a trickle of saliva dangling off his lips, his mouth held agape by the heel of his palm. Lovely.

Unfortunately for him, the older tome sat closed beneath him, and he was spilling his spittle over the leatherbound cover neglectfully in his slumber. Not good.

If the librarian saw this, she was going to lose her mind. And ruin his nap!

Author's Note:

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageFourteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusFennec Fox wandApple, 10", Dittany Stalk, Pliant points0 posts47
Awards: 2

Crispin Fairlie
Mar 22 2018, 12:23 AM

Crispin was visiting the library once again. This time looking for books on healing spells and potions. Crispin ran his nails over the spines, his violet eyes skimming the titles carefully. He reached the end of the bookshelf, catching a toussle of red-hair in his peripherals. Why if it wasn't lady luck shining down on him today. He recognized the boy as he had actually been keeping an eye on him. He was a friend of Andy's, a certain loud mouth child that Crispin decided he'd like to end. But in order to do this he'd need as much information on him as possible. He'd been studying the child from afar and had narrowed down the people he spent most of his time with. Little ginger bread boy over here was up to bat. He didn't seem much different than any bright eyed younger-year. Which meant it was likely he was weak. However Crispin was ready for anything. He pulled a compact mirror from his pocket, quickly checking his makeup and doing small touch ups before creeping up behind the boy, peeking over his shoulder at the book he was so engrossed in.

He seemed to be reading a book on transfiguration. Crispin read a few lines of the book, but it didn't seem the boy was noticing his presence. He cleared his throat. Still nothing. Crispin frowned. He then noticed the book that was laying beneath the boy, a puddle forming on the leather cover. Was that...? The blonde boy peered over to see the kid's freckled face and a pair of googly eyes planted on each of his eyelids. A string of drool dripped from his half open mouth.

Crispin blinked in utter disbelief. Was this kid sleeping? With googly eyes? He...didn't honestly think...that would work..? Please, Crispin hoped that wasn't the case. He hoped no one would be that moronic. He sat in silence for a few moments; contemplating starting a conversation with this poor, poor, handicapped child.

He sighed before creeping down again, his chin lightly hovering over the boy's shoulder. "Transfiguration?" He said, a curious tone in his voice. He said it loud enough to hopefully wake the ginger. "That's a pretty big book just to turn some cups into rats," He smiled teasingly, his violet eyes flashing towards the kids own. He looked down onto the leather book that the kid had drooled on like a slobbering animal. "You made quite a mess there, stranger." he said, his voice a bit hushed yet almost seductive.

you should be scared of me
goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

member groupHufflepuff titleHufflepuff character ageSixteen gender blood statusMuggleborn patronusUncorporeal wandHoney Locust, Dragon Heartstring, 10 inches points0 posts60
Awards: 1

Aedan Quigley
Mar 23 2018, 02:34 PM

His head jolted, knocking against something hanging closeby with a clunk. Ouch.

"What the-" he began, before the cause of the disturbance revealed themselves with a velvety voice that slipped into his ears and into his chest, sending his heart thumping with vigor and purpose. Who the heck was that? Aedan wanted, needed to know.

The googly eyes snapped off his eyelids as soon as his eyes peeled open, where they cascaded off his face and onto the surface of the book he'd been drooling on. Together with the drool it formed a frowning face and the eyes whizzed around in their tiny capsules before seemingly locking onto Crissy. But Aedan only had eyes for her, noticing how close their cheeks were, flushing a similar color to his hair while he got his bearings and a grip on himself.

"Too clothe!" He yelped, shying away from Crissy's intense violet eyes, covering his face to avert the imminent butterflies rising in his tummy at the sight of such a golden lass. But she'd said something about his books, and he wasn't about to be so impolite as to ignore her prompt. So after scooting a little bit in his chair, he lowered his hands and addressed her anxiously, trying his best to accommodate her questions.

"It'th, uh, more the conthepth I need to thtudy. I'm kinda bad at it." He closed the book dismissively, not wishing to lament on his struggles with his coursework. It wasn't fun to talk about your troubles, nor was it polite to bore such a nice lady with such petty concerns. They were impertinent to whatever business she had with him.

Aedan glanced down at the other leatherbound tome, noticing the googly eyes sticking against the surface and the drool that was smothering it. Immediately he shrieked, grabbing at his robes and bunching them in his hands before trying to swipe away at the mess the only way he knew how. But very quickly he'd only soiled his own clothes and left the leather still clearly tarnished, while also spit shining the googly eyes. This was... not good at all.

Tugging at his hair, Aedan slacked forward in his seat, whining audibly for his guest to hear. "I'm doomed! The librarian'th gonna have my butt for thith!" Which was followed by more groaning and other cries of duress as he let his head smack into the table with a light thud, squirming in his chair while he ran his fingers through his hair anxiously. What could he do about it?

As a child raised in a muggle home, he hadn't gone to charm school to learn about cleaning spells, and most of his Professors barely touched on the subject. Cleaning was something he wasn't even very good at either; he'd learned to wallow in a bit of filth from an early age. Such was the life of a bumpkin boy, but the librarian was indifferent, and would chew him out all the same. He didn't have a plan for this...

Author's Note:

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageFourteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusFennec Fox wandApple, 10", Dittany Stalk, Pliant points0 posts47

Crispin Fairlie
Mar 23 2018, 07:02 PM

The first thing the blonde noticed was the impossible-to-ignore lisp the kid spat with every word. That would get annoying fast. This child was the most pitiful he'd ever met. Crispin followed as the eyes fell from the boy's eyelids and landed clean on the drooled-on cover. Unfortunate. It was no shocker when the boy told him he was bad at transfiguration. The kid seemed to have as much wit as a peanut. And reading large complex books definitely wouldn't help. However it seemed as though the wizarding world didn't carry books for a toddler's reading level. Especially on a subject like transfiguration.

Crispin's eyes widened at the tantrum the boy suddenly had. "I'm doomed! The librarian'th gonna have my butt for thith!" He groaned before planting his head on the table. Well that was dramatic. It was clear that this was not the first time this had occurred. How idiotic could he be to repeat that kind of a mistake? Crispin plucked his wand from his waistband. Apparently amateur hour was over.

He stifled a light giggle, letting his hand fall on the boy's shoulder. "Hey~ No need for the dramatics. That's an easy fix." He offered a quirky smile before swiftly casting a scouring charm onto the leather's surface. The boy's saliva was no more and the book was dry. "Ta-da!" He smiled, offering the book to the student. It took no effort, he couldn't believe the kid wasn't even capable of that. How could he possibly hope to succeed at transfiguration? "You're welcome." he said, a light smirk on his lips as he eyed the boy.

He decided to make himself comfortable since he was now committed to this interaction. He took a seat across the boy. "You owe me now you know~" he said playfully. He rested his head on his palms, now inspecting the boy's face quizzically. "You look familiar to me..." he said, putting a finger to his chin. "Where have I seen you before?" he gave a few seconds, pretending to be in deep thought as he studied the boy's dumb face longer. "Ah!" he snapped his fingers. "You're that cute kid that hangs around Blackadder!" He said, his eyes bright as if he'd just figured out the world's deepest mystery.

goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

member groupHufflepuff titleHufflepuff character ageSixteen gender blood statusMuggleborn patronusUncorporeal wandHoney Locust, Dragon Heartstring, 10 inches points0 posts60

Aedan Quigley
Mar 25 2018, 05:47 PM

"Woah," was all he could manage.

Cute and useful. An elusive combo.

He ran his fingers over the refreshed leather, swiping away the googly eyes and shoving them into a spare pocket for later. They kept staring crudely towards Crissy, like they were privy to something he wasn't.

'You owe me now you know~.'

Aedan supposed he might, but wasn't really prepared to offer anything to her. She had his attention, that much he could afford. But as she'd gleaned from appearances and current circumstances, he wasn't a very capable young man. She'd have to get creative or basic to get anything out of him, though he supposed that's all that was warranted given she hadn't really performed a miracle. Not really. It was a very selfless act, however. Commendable.

"Thankth a ton! I don't know any cleaning thpellth, akthully..." Maybe that much was obvious. He wondered what it even was and if he could enunciate it clearly given his lisp. It was a struggle, constantly having to overlook spells based on the application of a single, spiteful syllable.

'You look familiar to me... Where have I seen you before?' Her voice was so captivating.

"Beatth me," he responded casually. But secretly he was tickled pink that she might've seen him before and had sought him out. His hopes came true when she mentioned him as the cute boy who would hang out around Blackadder. Thcore!

"D'ya know Blackadder?" His voice sounded chipper. If she knew his name, why didn't she know his, was his first question. Clearly she knew of Andy, just not him.

Author's Note:

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Crispin Fairlie
Mar 25 2018, 09:52 PM

Crispin couldn't believe the kid didn't know any cleaning spells. The poor boy only got more and more pitiful the more he learned about him. However he seemed grateful enough. He asked whether he knew Blackadder. Crispin twirled a strand of hair in his fingers, "Yeah we've hung out a couple times. He's pretty mouthy but he's a good kid." He leaned forward, his violet eyes meeting the boy's own eyes. He cocked an eyebrow with a small, sly smile. "So, you fall asleep a lot in here?" He chuckled, "The googly eyes were definitely an interesting effort." He giggled again. Crispin would likely never understand the thought process behind that decision but then again he wasn't even sure if the boy was capable of thought processes. He seemed innocent as all hell though. Crispin hated those. Hufflepuff house was filled with them too. While they were bland they were usually mindless and easy to manipulate. Good prey for the strong.

Crispin tilted his head and looked up at the boy, batting his violet eyes. "You know, I'm no good at Transfiguration either, but if you need any help learning some cleaning charms I could always help you out. There's all types of them." Crispin returned to twirling his hair, "For cleaning books or polishing shoes," Crispin eyed the kid. "I'm especially good at polishing knobs." He smirked, watching to see if the boy caught his drift. In actuality Crispin had no idea if he could help the kid nor did he really want too. The issue likely had to do with the fact that the kid couldn't pronounce a single word like a normal person. And Crispin couldn't work miracles.

He offered his hand to the still-nameless kid. "I'm Crissy by the way. Sixth year Hufflepuff. Nice to meet you at last."

goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

Aedan Quigley
Mar 26 2018, 09:15 PM

Mouthy, but a good kid. Yeah, that was Andy, to some extent. Aedan probably would have said he was alright, not good. But Aedan supposed that would be splitting hairs; mouthy hit the nail on the head.

She moved on to ask him if he slept in the library often. The short answer was no. But most library visits did end with a nap, and by now he'd taken a for measures to avoid getting caught. The googly eyes were just a finishing touch and a bit of an insult to the gullible. "N-no. N' it'th jutht for fun, mothtly. I thought they were neat-o."

Next she offered to teach him, but he figured it wasn't worth taking up her time. He was almost unteachable. It'd just give her more to trouble herself over. But she did mention something about 'polishing knobs' that caught his attention immediately. His freckled complexion burned as he swiftly averted his eyes from hers sheepishly.

He understood it, considering Blackadder threw that word around devoutly. "D-do you p-polith a lot of knobth, then?"

Maybe she hadn't heard him, or maybe she didn't want to answer him. Regardless, she ended up offering him a hand before introducing herself as a sixth year named Crissy from Hufflepuff. Crap, he couldn't pronounce that name. "Hello... Crithy."

Yeah, he'd butchered it, alright. Oh well.

"My name'th Aedan. 'M a fourth year from Gryffindor," he supplied his own introduction in turn, shaking her hand.

After their hands fell apart, he inquired:

"Tho... what can I do you for, then?"

Author's Note:
uwu ambiguous wording is my fave

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Crispin Fairlie
Mar 26 2018, 11:11 PM

It seemed the kid wasn't as innocent as Crispin had first thought, his face reddening at the statement. He continued to ask if he'd polished many knobs, which Crispin ignored.

"Hello... Crithy." The boy responded. Crispin returned a sweet smile. Although he was really trying to hold a laugh. That was too rich. He didn't know how many times the kid would have to say that to actually make him burst. "My name'th Aedan. 'M a fourth year from Gryffindor," He shook his hand. Aedan, fourth year, Gryffindor. Got it. He was young. "Aedan, that's a nice name." He smiled. Their hands parted ways and the boy inquired, "Tho... what can I do you for, then?"

A blush crept on his cheeks as he looked away timidly, "Oh sorry if I'm bothering you...I know you were busy doing something.." He twirled a strand of hair between his fingers. A habit he didn't feel the need to break. "It's probably weird to say I just wanted to talk to you, right?" He met the boy's eyes before shifting them away again. He wasn't sure how well he had been getting to this kid. He crossed one of his legs over the other. "You're just really nice..." His eyes were soft as they met Aedan's. "I mean way nicer than Andy..." He half laughed.

He scratched his ear before continuing, "But, I mean, I don't blame him for being how he is. You know, given his past." He leaned his head on his palm as he eyed the table. "I don't know what I'd do if that happened to my parents..." Andy's parents were dead, Crispin knew that much. It was one of the first things the brat said to him. Perhaps he could weasel out the rest of the story if Aedan knew anything about it. His eyes shifted to the fourth year's "Oh, I'm not sure if I should have said that. I'm not sure if he's told you...about what happened.." he eyed the boy, seeing if he'd make it easy and just fill in the blanks for him. Hell, maybe he'd reward the kid if he played along.

goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

Aedan Quigley
Mar 29 2018, 10:27 PM

"Thankth," he offered curtly. Aedan liked his name, too. If he'd been born with an s in his name, it might've been the end for him, but alas he had enough fortune to be born into a name he could both pronounce and appreciate. It was enough to spur the conversation forward past the awkward mention of polishing habits and techniques.

'Oh sorry if I'm bothering you...I know you were busy doing something..' She seemed to regret interrupting him now, but it wasn't as though he was actually accomplishing anything beforehand. Beyond making a fool of himself, that is. He raised a hand and waved it dismissively, hoping to assure her that she was more than worth the fuss. "Don't thweat it, I wuth gonna get caught if'n it wathn't for you," he reminded Crithy thankfully, winking.

His lazy eye cocked to the side sharply.

'It's probably weird to say I just wanted to talk to you, right?'

"Not at all," he admitted through a blush, giggling a bit into the back of his hand at the prospect. It was like a dream come true: Foxy girl struts up to you for some idle conversation, only for you to hit it off and see where things went. Except Aedan wasn't that sort of guy, but feeling liked... that was a reward worthy of a few concessions.

'You're just really nice...'
'I mean way nicer than Andy...'

"Haha, yeah. Andy'th a tough nut to crack, that'th fer thure." He shared Crissy's bark of laughter before turning a bit solemn. Speaking ill of Andoles behind his back felt... somehow wrong. Even if Andy definitely was a little shit, he was a friend. Even if he wasn't always a model citizen.

Aedan's ears perked a bit at the next mention of Blackadder Crissy made.

'But, I mean, I don't blame him for being how he is. You know, given his past.' Aedan gave Crissy a double take, looking towards the library exit and back at her incredulously. What'd she know about that, and what was she doing bringing it up now? This was starting to feel like gossip hour on Bingo Night at the old folks' home where his grandpa used to visit some old buddies of his, and he most certainly wasn't a gossiping nanny. Yuck. Not quite his cup of tea.

'I don't know what I'd do if that happened to my parents...' Parents plural. Andy had only ever mentioned his mother, and Aedan sensed there was a bit of a lacking in his father figure, which made them somewhat alike. But Crissy spoke as if both had suffered, perhaps even shared, a miserable fate. But he wasn't sure whether he could believe it, coming from a stranger. But more importantly, he didn't want to believe it.

Aedan was Andy's confidant. Right...?

His head slumped over and he looked down at a clenched fist, developing bitter thoughts towards Andy. He was supposed to be special. Was Andy just going to go around and tell every painted whore about his personal life? It made him jealous, and he couldn't place why, except that he felt that he exclusively deserved Andoles' confidence. It riled him up to feel like he'd been crossed by his best mate so casually.

'Oh, I'm not sure if I should have said that. I'm not sure if he's told you...about what happened..' Aedan snapped. "He told me about hith mum; Andy never thaid nothin' bout hith dad. Jutht hith mum..." His offhand traced delicate patterns across his balled fist, trying to soothe his frayed nerves before he threw a tantrum. That was just the sort of thing he wanted, Aedan realized. To wind him up over nothing but a few meticulated words. Sometimes he grew to resent that about Andy. Aedan didn't look up from his lap beyond this point, too cross to look Crissy in the eyes; wondering if she was somehow more worthy of Andy in some way. It boiled his blood just to think of it in such simple yet irreproachable terms. Fuckin' athhole...

Author's Note: --.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Crispin Fairlie
Mar 30 2018, 11:32 AM

The boy seemed uncomfortable bringing up Andy's past. However at the mention of Blackadder's parents he became visibly upset; snapping back quickly, "He told me about hith mum; Andy never thaid nothin' bout hith dad. Jutht hith mum..." Crispin was a bit surprised at the sudden outburst, however his shock quickly turned into curiousity. The kid now wouldn't meet his eyes, staring into his lap.

He smirked inwardly, what was all this now? Sure the cock-eyed ginger didn't really give him any significant information, but he brought something new to the table. Up until the mention of the boy's parents, Aedan was completely fine with the subject, Andy. Now talking about someone else's dead relatives was always uncomfortable, but he didn't seem angry with the fact that this was personal information. He made a point to repeat hith mum, jutht hith mum. Crispin inwardly scoffed at the boy's ridiculous speech impediment. This gave Crispin two thoughts. One being that something significant happened to Andy's mother. Second being that Aedan was somewhat angry at Andy about this subject. Perhaps he'd inquired about Andy's father before but the boy wouldn't indulge him.

However that seemed ridiculous to be upset about. But Crispin had made it sound as if he knew about the demise of both parents. Could he be jealous? It was fair to assume the two of them were close. Who else would want to be friends with Andy besides a dumb lazy-eyed kid who couldn't speak properly. They were perfect for each other. In that case maybe it would make sense for him to be possessive over his friend. Either way that subject proved to be too much for the student to handle. Crispin didn't know if he could weasel out any more information on Andy's mother with the boy in that state. He wasn't sure how to get the kid's spirits back up. He felt like he was playing the sims all over again.

"Sorry.." He said softly. He wasn't sure what made the kid upset exactly but if it was something he'd done he might as well apologize. He reached into his bag and pulled out a small bag of cookies. "Do you like cookies?" he gave a small quirky smile before reaching over and plopping the baggie on the table in front of the kid. "I made them myself," He hoped this kid didn't despise sweets like himself. Of course these had been made with his secret ingredient, a potion that induced euphoria. He wished he had access to some truth serum, but that was nearly impossible to get his hands on. Crispin returned his hands to his lap. "I think you're a really sweet kid. I didn't mean to get you upset." He half-smiled.

He looked down at his lap. "I know I'm not very good at comforting people, but I want to be there for my friends." His fair cheeks grew pink with a blush. "I wouldn't mind being your friend..." He didn't meet the boy's eyes, looking off timidly.

goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

Aedan Quigley
Mar 30 2018, 10:39 PM

'Sorry...' Oh, had she noticed him brooding?

"No, I'm thorry," Aedan tried to relax and let his shoulders roll the tension out of him. He'd probably end up confronting Andoles about it later in the evening if not the next day in class, so he'd bottle it up until then. He didn't want to lanquish in that kind of resentment for the rest of the day. "I wath jutht thinkin' about thtuff."

Crissy unveiled a bag of cookies and dropped them on his side of the table, which he immediately grasped at before casting a suspiciously wary look over his shoulder towards the librarian's desk before ripping it open and scarfing down the first without bothering to ask what flavor.

'I made them myself.'

"They're really good," he mumbled through a mouthful of doughy goodness, not quite expecting them to taste half so good. Already he was reaching into the bag for another and cramming it into his mouth.

'I think you're a really sweet kid. I didn't mean to get you upset.'

"I'th not yer fault, really. It wath jutht thumthin' about Andy," he admitted in a docile tone, though not any less reassuring.

'I know I'm not very good at comforting people, but I want to be there for my friends.' Had she meant that about Andoles? I wouldn't mind being your friend...'

Crissy looked away for an excuse to not lock eyes with him, and if he was at all clever, he might've questioned this sincerity from out of nowhere. This... friendship from out of the blue. But he was a naive child, and never suspected a thing, except that Andy had betrayed or replaced him in some way.

And that made returning the favor all the sweeter. He'd play into Crissy's hand, if only in the hopes of a chance for petty revenge against Blackadder for befriending someone other than himself. It never ocurred to him how selfish or childish that sounded.

"Ath long ath yer not gonna try anything hathty with that knob polithing of yourth, haha. We could be frenth." Aedan chastised her teasingly, though now he was interested in an inquiry of his own. "Tho... how'd you meet Andy?" Right about as he finished asking the question, he felt dizzy and light-headed as the cookies kicked in noticably.

His voice dropped into a low whisper, but it stressed with the shrill sound of excitability: "Don't tell me ya polithed hith knob!"

Aedan barked with laughter before throwing a curious glance Crissy's way, intoning suspiciously: "...For realth, did you?"

Author's Note: If post is weird, I can edit.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Crispin Fairlie
Apr 1 2018, 07:59 PM

Crispin was relieved when the kid took the cookies with no hesitation. Stuffing his face with them hungrily as he apologized about his brooding. He admitted that he had been put in sour spirits because of something to do with Andy, as Crispin had suspected. The boy's violet eyes watched each cookie disappear into the boy's void of a mouth. Aedan happily agreed to be his friend, however jokingly bringing up that he was not interested in his "knob polithing" skills. Crispin laughed along with the ginger boy's joke.

He continued to ask how the blonde had been so fortunate to meet Andy. Crispin recalled the day he had run into the fourth year right in the library where they were seated. The brat had called him a whore or something. He wouldn't try and lie too much about how they met, considering Aedan would likely recount the things he said to Andy. Not that he cared whether the boy came after him. However he didn't have much time to answer before the red-head continued in a low whisper, "Don't tell me ya polithed hith knob!"

Although it was an odd question it seemed to only be in jest as the kid followed with a hearty laugh. It seemed the cookies were kicking in. Crispin laughed as well. Fake laughing had become second nature to him at this point. Aedan wasn't done quite yet, his voice taking a curious tone, "...For realth, did you?"

Odd question. He didn't know why it was any of the ginger's business whether he sucked off his friend or not. If they were close it would be likely Andy would tell him that himself. Perhaps that's why he wanted to know. To see if his little buddy was keeping secrets from him. A bright blush spread on the blonde's face, "Oh god no!" He exclaimed, bringing his hands up to cover his mouth. He laughed, "That was just a joke!" He tried to keep his voice in a semi-whisper.

He laid his chin in his hand, looking up as he tried to remember the specifics of the day he'd met Blackadder. "No, I met him here actually. Not that long ago." He twirled a strand of hair. "Like maybe a few weeks ago?" He met eyes with the red-head before looking off again. "He called me a whore. Probably because I make jokes the way I do..." He half-smirked, looking in the direction where the debacle had happened. "Of course then we argued and got kicked out of the library." He wasn't sure how to end the story making it sound as if they were friends but still keeping it mostly truthful. He smiled. "We've made up now though." That seemed vague enough.

goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

Aedan Quigley
Apr 9 2018, 05:47 PM

"That thoundth like Andy," he admitted with a soft huff. He was more concerned with whether they'd been... intimate to begin with, but that they quarreled at first came as a surprise. That was until he remembered who they were talking about to begin with. In light of that, it was a convincing narrative. At least considering he was freshly doped up on tampered cookies.

Aedan was curious how they'd made up, but prying any further didn't suit him. He'd gotten enough to know they weren't a thing, and going further might only complicate that conclusion with more dramatics.

Besides...

...he felt too good to chase such a downer.

Aedan absentmindedly swung his legs in his seat, throwing his eyes across the library around him and beginning to grow... bored of the ambiance. "H-hey, Crithy..."

He looked around again before leaning over the table towards her, bringing a hand over his mouth to mask the movements of his lips to any eavesdroppers, muffling the voice and directing it towards Crissy.

"D-do you wanna... go thumwhere elthe? It'th gotta be boring here for a lady. Maybe we could go find Andy!"

He couldn't contain his excitement, and at the mention of Andoles he was suddenly innervated, driven by some euphoric impulse to find the things that made him happy: Andoles always made him happy.

Author's Note: If post is weird, I can edit.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Crispin Fairlie
Apr 12 2018, 07:17 PM

The kid seemed bored. Crispin tried to think of some way to bring their previous conversation back. However the ginger spoke first, calling his attention. He leaned over and whispered, explaining that they should go and find Andy. Crispin's eyes sharpened. Not the best idea. Of course he told the kid that he and the runt had made up but the last time they'd met had actually been somewhat of a mess. There was no way going to see the brat right now would end well. But the excitement in the ginger's voice was evident. Just his tone when he said Andy's name said everything. The gears in the blond's head spun. He could leave now but he wasn't satisfied with the amount of information he got his hands on. This could be his last time to interview Aedan as well, considering Andy might let him know about the truth about their "relationship". He had to keep him entertained just a bit longer.

He bit his lip, a thoughtful expression on his face. "I guess we could but..." he gave the kid a half smile. "It just wouldn't be polite." He pulled his bag up onto the table. "To go empty handed that is." He smiled brightly at the younger year. Shit, he had to keep the kid occupied and he was running out of ideas. The cookies probably made him lose most of his logic anyway. "We should make him cards, you know, to show him how much he means to us." He said, almost as if he was talking to a small child. He pulled out a crayon box and some sheets of paper. "Here," He handed the boy a piece of paper.

He thought for a moment. "What do you think Andy would like on a card? What are his likes and dislikes? We should really try and bring out the best in him." He smiled at Aedan. "What do you like about him?" He eyed the boy curiously.

goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

Aedan Quigley
Apr 14 2018, 04:21 PM

"Make... cardth?" Was it necessary?

But maybe Andoles would enjoy the surpise.

If you'd known Andoles, you'd think he was too bitter and withdrawn to care for such pleasantries. But Blackadder wasn't your typical recluse; Aedan had managed to learn that much firsthand. There was definitely something... more. And he'd been digging at the surface of it lately. Maybe Crissy was right: Bringing him cards might soothe him.

Aedan took the crayons and paper without much more than a simple nod, his tongue jutting out the corner of his mouth as he leveled the tip of an orange crayon towards the paper. Why orange? Because Andy's hair was a delicate mixture of brown-and-red that Aedan swore glistened like orange fire in the sunlight. Maybe because it helped him feel less self-conscious about being a ginger himself. And it truly suited him.

But Aedan hesitated to actually begin.

"I... I can't draw," he admitted bashfully.

Andoles was just going to criticize it if it didn't look like it'd been crafted by some artisan. He was a perfectionist to a fault and expected too much of others sometimes, or at least Aedan felt so, perhaps unfairly. If they were going to give him something, it ought be something appreciable, no?

"He won't... like it." There was a visible depth of sadness to his eyes as he cast them away from the paper and sat the crayon down, reluctant to pursue it any further.

Author's Note: Smoov move, but now I'm caught up in Aedan's feels.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2