Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed

Amicus Inimicusve [C], feat. Andoles
Aedan Quigley
Feb 1 2018, 03:54 PM
dysfunctional
whoever tries to bring you down is already beneath you
#Transfiguration
words count:

It's a hot day outside, possibly the last one of the autumn before they're met with nothing but constant showers and foggy, cloudy days. It's exactly the sort of weather that Aedan can't help but want to be outside for, and it's for that very reason he's tried to rope Andy into studying in the Quad with him for, among other reasons.

Aedan's laying on the ground in a corner of the Quad, and all around them are upperclassmen and other students practicing the subtle art of Transfiguration. While the older students were undoubtedly tasked with more complex spells and sciences behind the magic, Aedan was simply practicing turning a hedgehog into a pincushion. The task seemed rather easy at first...

...Until you took into account Aedan's lisp.

"Thith blowth..." After about four tries, Aedan was content to roll onto his back in the grass and let the hedgehog have a moment to itself without the threat of transfiguration looming over it. His robe lie in a pile on a satchel bag to his side, and he grabbed it and propped it under his head as an impromptu pillow. He fidgeted with the buttons of his dress shirt and tugged at his loose, flapping red-and-gold tie. The mindless tasks gave him solace while he quietly observed Andoles' progress from the side, his gaze drifting between another hedgehog and Blackadder. Why couldn't he be cool, like Andy? Why was he born with such a ridiculous lisp?

"How're you doing over there, Mithter Perfect?"

Aedan was trying to break Andoles' concentration just as he aimed to attempt the spell again, though as with all things, Andy had a better chance of getting it right before Aedan ever could. It made him... jealous of the other boy. But it also made him cling to the other one desperately. If Andoles' genius was going to rub off on somebody, it'd better be me, he figured, before he rumbled giddily a bit at his poor choice of phrasing.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageFourteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusFennec Fox wandApple, 10", Dittany Stalk, Pliant points0 posts47
Awards: 2

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 2 2018, 09:06 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
Spring. Fall. Two seasons that annoyed him a little. In such seasons one could hardly expect something steady when it came to the weather, cold in the evenings, rather stuffy during the day. Not to mention, Andoles hated to practice anything in eyeshot of another. He never wanted to be seen as a fumbling ignoramus at any point. If he showed up and demonstrated the required skills, then the dimmer among the student body might see him as naturally talented. Casting daggers over his shoulder, he ceased swishing his wand.

''Thanthastic,'' came the sarcastic scorn. Aedan had interrupted his concentration. ''Thabulous.'' The wand fell and he turned to his fellow fourth year frowning at the ginger lying about. ''Oy. I thought you wanted to practice, not lounge around watching me strive for excellence.'' Tugging at his own collar at the other boy's undone shirt, he continued, ''drag me out into the sun and then want to laze.'' Andoles beckoned, inching his fingers at him.

''Come on then. Up with you.'' His wandless hand came to rest on his hip. ''Keep trying and concentrate on pronouncing the es like English is your first language and you're not some mongoloid from the depths of Liberia.'' Looking back in the direction he had been facing before he was interrupted, the poor hedgehog seemed to wait patiently for its existence to change entirely, or end completely. Andy wasn't exactly sure what would become of the creature's soul or whatever.

Part of him wondered if these exercises were even ethical...

as played by Sovetskii Soryuz

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageFourteen genderMasculine blood statusHalfblood patronusUncorporeal wandMaple, Dragon Heartstring, 13 ½, Unyielding points0 posts92

Aedan Quigley
Feb 2 2018, 10:53 PM
dysfunctional
#Transfiguration
words count:

Ouch. Sometimes Andoles could spit venom. But his muggle friends back home could be just as cruel, especially about his lisp, or the fact he didn't attend school with them anymore. It didn't really bother him.

"Yeah, yeah..." Easier said than done, Aedan thought, rolling over onto his stomach and feeling the blades of grass tickling him through his dress shirt. What was wrong with a little basking in the sun? Personally, Aedan didn't know a better feeling than this, which is why precisely why he'd coerced Andoles into tagging along.

That, and because he had a penchant for keeping things interesting. There was never a dull moment around Andy, unless it was History of Magic. Nothing could help that.

Aedan clambered on his hand and knees towards Andoles while he turned his attention back towards the hedgehog, trying for a sneak attack. With one arm vying for a firm hold around his throat, the other balled into a fist and sought to rub clenched knuckles against his scalp ruthlessly. Wizards knew about noogies, right?

"How'th that for a mongoloid, ya butthead? Ha-ha!" Blackadder's hair was pretty soft to the touch Aedan noticed, and he wasn't exactly going to let him get off so easily. So it was the snake would have to slither out of his grasp before he gave up his hold, for the ginger had little reason to let go and even more reason to continue.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageFourteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusFennec Fox wandApple, 10", Dittany Stalk, Pliant points0 posts47

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 3 2018, 02:58 PM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
The ginger wizard rolled like a hog on the ground before standing. Perhaps the other boy would get a move on now. That hedgehog wasn't going to become a pin cushion all on its own, or at least not more than it already was. Blackadder had always found the creatures prickly, though they were cute. Regarding it pityingly, his chocolate eyes didn't catch Aeden's grapple until he was already within the Gryffindor's grasp. Andoles shoved at him, clawing at the offending elbow and pressing a wand fisted hand into the small of his aggressor's back. This wasn't the first noogie he had received.

''Unhand me, you freckled cunt!'' He spoke through clenched teeth, as his jaw was pressed firmly against Quigley's forearm. He was much taller than Andy, though a little thinner, somehow. Still, the other student was much more muscled. Aedan had been some farm boy or something. It didn't really matter at the moment. ''Let me go, or so help me, I'll colloshoo your fucking foreskin instead of your ass crack!'' Andoles' third year pranks had been no less savage. While it had generated plenty of laughs, it had cost him his first trip to Hogsmeade.

Wand still within his grasp, he drew his arm out to harshly prod the assailant in the lower back and buttocks with the family heirloom, if not to provide him with a splintery enema, then to at least alert Aedan that he could make good on his threats. Such antics were starting to draw the attention of the surrounding students, and even the hedgehog quirked its head to the side at all the hubbub. Certainly the ire of higher authority would come crashing down if the scuffle continued, especially so if magical ectoplasm was employed to glue another wizard's genitals.

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageFourteen genderMasculine blood statusHalfblood patronusUncorporeal wandMaple, Dragon Heartstring, 13 ½, Unyielding points0 posts92

Aedan Quigley
Feb 5 2018, 10:09 PM
dysfunctional
#Transfiguration
words count:

"Make me!" Aedan couldn't help himself. Even in the face of such daunting threats (and they were daunting; do you have any idea how embarrassing it was to have to let the school Healer sort that mess out?) Aedan refused to yield, until something pricked at the small of his back.

"H-hey!" He let his arms slip from around Andoles, but unfortunately the prodding of the wand only drove him closer against Andy. "Kn-knock it off already, dinguth!"

After a brief bumping together Aedan was able to pull away from Andoles, though flustered over it. Something about Andy elicited this childishness out of him, though it always became so much more when push came to shove. Maybe it wasn't as innocent as it seemed. Maybe the reason Aedan liked to shove Andy around was the same reason Andy liked abusing him with magic goo.

...Nah, Blackadder was just an asshole. And Aedan wasn't even entirely sure what he wanted from it... it was just innocent childishness, right? Nothing meant by it.

...Right?

"Y'know, you're pretty obthethed with gooing me every chanth you get. Thomebody elthe might thtart drawing concluthionth bathed on that. Not that I'm judging, of courthe." He jabbed an elbow into Blackadder's rib, throwing out the classic "that's gay" accusation lightly.

Aedan slumped back against the ground and stretched himself out, clearly dissatisfied with his practice thus far. At this point he was more interested in Andy, or at least annoying him. He nudged them with an outstretched leg.

"What'th thummer like for you, Andy?"

Aedan was barking up a very particular tree.

"Do you think about... thchool and thtuff over the thummer? Thometimeth I do." But what he'd meant to ask was whether Andy thought about his friends after the term ended. Andy considered him a friend, right?

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 6 2018, 09:23 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
''I hope he doesn't have to pee anytime in the next few hours.'' When the other boy had refused his intimidation, Andy full well intended to follow through. His thoughts concentrated on the most crippling and embarrassing of anatomy, purely as a matter of offensive combat, mind you. He had missed Hogsmeade last year and get could miss it again this one. Fortunately before the words were uttered and the swish and flick came, Aedan relented loosing him.

Andoles' back stabbing paid off, to a point. Rather in panic or just because he was a clumsy oaf, the ginger stumbled into him before moving away. Unprepared to be released and then assaulted by the Gryffindor's hip, he dropped his wand and fell to his hands and knees, the crisp green grass sure to leave stains of a similar color on his knees. A few labored breaths came. While Quigley had not been choking him, breathing could be a tenuous enough prospect without being head locked.

There was an immediate desire for his inhaler.

''No. This isn't bad. You don't need it.'' There wasn't a safe place he could use it out here. Aedan was already thithing and thuthing about something at him. With a deep inhale and a deep exhale, the shorter wizard put his hands on his knees and straightened back to his own pathetic height. ''What?'' He asked in obvious annoyance, having not entirely understood what it was his assailant was going on about. Probably griping about his defense in some form.

''Summer?'' Aedan couldn't stay focused for more than a few seconds it seemed. With a few more huffs he caught his breath again. The hedgehog had grown bored of the two and now wandered about in the grass nearby. Perhaps seen it would be napping in the sun, stealing the other wizard's goal from under his nose. Andoles plopped into the grass like a sack of potatoes, closing his eyes and massaging the bridge of his nose. Perhaps he too had surrendered for just a moment.

''I visit a few places to see the sights. London and the like.'' His bony shoulders shrugged. Why did Quigley even care? ''Or I just cool my heels at Castle Blackadder. It's a secluded property and it's got a nice brook that's deep enough to swim in in a couple places.'' And tucked within a lush stand of trees as well. The shade was a welcome addition. The scent of the place almost tickled his nose just thinking about it.

''Grandfather makes me read quite a bit from his library. So I have to spend time doing that.'' A half smirk graced his face. The musty smell of old books wafted past his nostrils too. ''I show him some magic tricks to make him piss off when he's grating my nerves.'' Blurted without thinking. Aedan didn't need to know about his 'muggle magic.' That wasn't how he said it, but none the less, it was time to change the subject. Brown eyes opened and focused on the freckled face.

''What about you? Go back to your peat hut in Ireland or wherever?''

Slytherin

Aedan Quigley
Feb 9 2018, 01:57 AM
dysfunctional
#Transfiguration
words count:

"Lanark, it'th clother to Thcotland, doofuth. What, d'ya think I'm Irizh jutht 'cauthe I've got ginger hair?" Aedan ripped a clump of grass out of the earth and tossed it towards Andoles, hoping that a few stray blades of grass landed in his face and caused discomfort. But he was interested in what Andy said about his home. First off, apparently his family had a fancy castle named after them. That totally didn't make him jealous or anything.

Okay, so maybe it did. And maybe it also made him self-conscious. Was his family poor compared to wizarding families? Were their accommodations worse off than the typical wixes'? It made him reluctant to give a response.

"My family'th got an orchard there, tho I get to eat appleth all day and climb treeth. There'th altho a thmall lake I go thkinny dipping in with the other... muggleth, I gueth you'd call them..." Aedan didn't like that word. It felt like a segregating word, not unlike the words Americans used for a certain unfortunate demographic.

But he supposed that's what they were, in the end. He wasn't ashamed of hanging around muggles, since his family was comprised of muggles, but he didn't want Andy to judge him for it either. Yet he also wanted to be honest. Or maybe this was his way of subconsciously lashing out against his neighbors for not playing with him over the last summer. Aedan couldn't be so sure.

"I with I could travel over thummer. I can't wait to learn how to apparate. I could go anywhere then! Egypt, Thingapore, America..." ...Maybe even space.

"And I could vithit people whenever I wanted... Doeth your fanthy Cathle Blackadder have guetht roomth?"

Finally he was getting to his point, though he was still beating around the bush a bit.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 9 2018, 09:32 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
''Yep.'' No bones were made about it. He couldn't remember where every fucker around this school came from, unless it was a little exotic. How was he supposed to tell? Aedan's accent? Which was ruined by his impediment every other word? Not a chance. His chocolate eyes frowned at the thrown grass. The blades floated around him and a few landed on his clothes here and there. What was that supposed to have accomplished? He had really showed Andoles.

He could see the vacant look of wild imaginings in the ginger's eyes when he spoke of his ancestral home. The name created some hype, Castle Blackadder. It was nothing like some grand fortress you would see on television, or in a book. It was a glorified stone mansion with a few battlements tacked on. The walls that enclosed the acres of property were easily scalable by any fool with a ladder, and one with a discerning eye could tell the stone was much newer than the home it surrounded.

Aedan's own home didn't sound like it was nothing. A little house on two acres wasn't much of an orchard. So It must have been a proper size. It sounded like country living alright. Quiet and peaceful, a little bit like his time in Maine. Though the boy wasn't sure if he missed the simpler life or the mother he had lived it with. Such a question was pushed from his mind before an answer could even formulate. The mention of skinny dipping had him purse his lips slightly.

''I never been skinny dipping before,'' he admitted. The idea caused him to feel weird, especially as the Gryffindor filled his imagination since, well, he was sitting right in front of him. Were the freckles just on his face? ''Seems gay.'' Once again he pushed thoughts from his head as if he were defecating through his ear. Now wasn't the time for such fanciful imaginings. ''Yeah. Trust me I can't wait to learn that one too.''

Though if using magic was illegal outside of school, what did it matter? When they became adults they would have jobs and responsibilities of some kind, chains of a different kind from childhood, but chains none the less. At least an orchard was a fairly laid back gig, not like maintaining a damn castle and having to have some manner of high paying career to deal with the upkeep. On the plus side, at least he would never get sick of eating apples, as Aedan surely would.

''Yeah. There's two free rooms,'' the answer to the other boy's query came casually. Each used to be occupied by other members of his family, but they were long gone. His home rarely had guests. Then this train of questioning seemed to finally hit him. ''The only way you're getting there is if you actually can apparate. No way in hell is grampa going to pay for anyone I know to come there. I half expect he'll charge me to house my fucking wife, the miserable coot.''

That wasn't to say a way couldn't be made with enough initiative…

Slytherin

Aedan Quigley
Feb 12 2018, 02:45 AM
dysfunctional
#Transfiguration
words count:

Gay, huh? So was gooing another guy's butt, obviously.

"Awww, come on!" He rolled over onto his stomach and clambered towards Andy, stopping short at his feet before resting on his elbows and looking at him pleadingly. "Thummer'th tho boring back home..."

Okay, perhaps that wasn't the entire truth. Summer wasn't so bad, but his mother had barely spoken to him last time. She was beginning to make him feel... alienated. Like his very presence made her distraught, as though she couldn't stomach being near him anymore.

And his grandpa wasn't much for company these days.

Aedan emitted a throaty whine, groaning his protest.

"C'mon man, you gotta help me out jutht a little."

Aedan's wearing his best pout as he's practically begging Andoles from the ground, staring back up at him. He's kicking his heels into the air back-and-forth, cupping his chin in his hands. He's desperate for this.

"I'll do thomething ath a favor in return," though he had no idea what he could offer Blackadder in return.

"I could do your potionth paperth for a month," he offered modestly. It wasn't exactly his best offer. Undoubtedly Andoles would shrug indifferently at the offer, forcing another whining grunt out of Aedan as he rolled around on the ground some more, still very much demanding Andoles' attention. Think, Aedan: Think!

What would Andoles want out of you, realistically?

However, all he could think of was what he expected out of Blackadder should he be extended an invitation over the summer to his family's abode. He couldn't be sure if it was a realistic guess, or just his own wishful thinking.

"There'th gotta be a way ya can convinth your grandpa to let me thpend thome time over the break..."

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 12 2018, 09:39 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
His youthful features frowned slightly. He figured there would be a little whining. A quiet sigh was breathed through his nose. What did it matter if Aedan's summers were 'boring?' Sometimes he really did wonder why people would see him as any sort of savior. Andoles didn't think he had much to offer, or truer still, nothing of himself he was willing to offer. Then again, what did this fool before him provide? He glanced at the moping hedgehog.

It certainly wasn't an efficient study buddy.

''Yes, I imagine apples don't do much in the way of conversation,'' he quipped at the Gryffindor's initial complaint about his home. The other boy started making childish noises as he requested his help, crawling at him like some puppy. The Slytherin recoiled slightly in surprise. Andy was obligated to 'just a little' was he? Wasn't this whole exercise just a little help? Aedan was asking for more than that. ''A little bit more than a little bit. A little bit more than a lot.'' A random lyric popped into his head.

''Eh…'' A skeptical exhaled escaped. Blackadder was a lot of things, but he wasn't too lazy when it came to his studies. Though he was only in his forth year. Surely it would be harder as he climbed the ladder. That seemed to be a general rule in life. Anything though? Chocolate eyes stared down, seemingly pityingly at the ginger. He half frowned. Tentatively reaching out a hand from where he sat, Andoles patted those red locks, ruffling the hair surprisingly gently.

The expectation was that this would be disgusting. After all Aedan was a country bumpkin who picked his nose and, by his own admission, bathed naked in the nearest mud hole. The brunette expected his hair to feel greasy, or dry, like straw. It was soft though, as if the fool had some concept of hygiene! The faint aroma of shampoo hit his nose. Rather than a harsh noogie of his own, he withdrew his hand slowly, the slightest traces of vexed upon his face.

''Anything.'' A desire bubbled up, like bile from some capped cauldron, to drag the wizard from the ground to the nearest lavatory to press his lips against his own, perhaps even deepen it. But why? A fantastic question for himself. For starters, he had never kissed anyone before and this could be good practice for when he found someone he actually liked. After all, he surely didn't like Aedan, at least, not that much. Right…?

They were just a useful idiot. Surely someone with more capability would serve his interests better... It could be to his advantage however. After he got what he wanted, the Gryffindor would likely avoid him and would certainly forget about any visit. After all just what was promised over the course of his board with such intimate contact to seal the deal? No. He could almost kick himself for even considering such a foolhardy course of action.

''Idiot boy.'' His grandfather's disapproving words rang through his head, but they were his own. The face looking at him within his mind was the same mean, pinched, expression of disappointment, but was his rather than his guardian's. Thus the expression that showed on his face now, as Andoles mentally played four dimensional chess between his calculating logic and his youthful lust to decide on something. Finally, he leaned in, elbows on his knees, cunning in his eyes a sneer more lupine than serpentine.

''I'll tell you what Quigley, you find someone in your Gryffindor house that will teach us both to apparate.'' Leaning back to something more relaxed, the smile faded to his typical smirk. It was a tall order, but such capabilities were far more useful than snogging in the boy's bathroom and potentially outing himself. However it might be too much for poor Aedan. ''Or,'' he continued, ''before summer vacation arrives you pronounce the word 'Mississippi' correctly.''

Slytherin

Aedan Quigley
Feb 13 2018, 05:05 PM
dysfunctional
#Transfiguration
words count:

It was a strange feeling that shuddered down along his spine when Andoles delicately ran his fingers through Aedan's mop of hair. Initially he'd winced at the contact, expecting some harsh rebuke and for hair to be pulled.

He liked having Andy's fingers in his hair, though maybe it wasn't that they were Andy's, but just that the sensation itself was elating. He frowned when they stopped, but he'd already produced a low blush faint against his cheeks. It was strange, chemical...

But it felt so right, this small... gesture.

So naturally, Aedan faceplanted the ground when Blackadder started listing off his conditions. First off, they were insane, let alone impossible. Gryffindors were always trying to learn how to apparate ahead of time, that was precisely why the entire school grounds had disapparating barriers literally everywhere...

Not to mention he didn't want Andy (or himself) to be...

"You're nutth! I'm not getting thplinched! Bethideth, there'th dithapparating thpellth all around the cathle... You'd have to go to Hogthmeade to do it..."

And there was nowhere in Hogsmeade to do it privately without attracting attention. And then there was the fact that when, not if everything went wrong, that they lacked the means to fix anybody who had a botched attempt. It sounded like a disastrous idea...

Not to mention his best candidate was Felix, and he didn't trust Felix to take something like this seriously enough. In fact he doubted they'd want to tackle that kind of responsibility either. Aedan certainly wouldn't.

But how was fixing his lisp any easier a feat?

"Thh--th-ths-thsssssuck a fatty, Blackadder."

Aedan rolled over onto his side facing the corridors surrounding the Quad on the opposing side of the courtyard. What did Andy care about his lisp for, anyways? It was meant to make fun of him, or to set yet another standard impossible for him to match.

Maybe Andy didn't want him coming over at all.

"Whatever, I'll thee if anybody elthe ith interethted..."

What was wrong with his lisp? Did it annoy Andy?

Aedan can't place why, but that hurts more than if Andy was just trying to poke fun at how impossible it might be for him to fix it. It's alright if Andy didn't care for it, or just wanted to make Aedan the butt of his jokes... but he didn't judge him for it, right? He didn't exactly ask for it.

His hedgehog wriggled into view, nudging sloppily at his bangs with its moist snout, which prompted Aedan's attention. Half-heartedly he muttered the words and prodded the beast with his wand, and it turned into a pin cushion. Except the needles were pointing outwards and looked rather hostile. Plus it was still squeaking audibly.

Breathing out in contempt, he tapped the cushion once with his wand and it melded back into a hedgehog, which quickly scampered away from Aedan and across the Quad before he could abuse it with his emotions any further. Transfiguring in a foul mood wasn't for the best, he figured. So he turned on Andoles, mouthing slowly.

"...Doeth the lithp bother you that much?" It seemed kind of unfair for others to think that it bothered them more than it bothered him. Realistically it was him who got the funny looks, had lacked the aptitude for verbal incantation... Compared to living it, they had it easy.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 13 2018, 08:28 PM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
His smile disappeared at the ginger's little tantrum. What a lack of drive the Gryffindor had. Weren't they supposed to be a more driven individuals or something? Andoles couldn't be bothered to remember the less important houses. Did he not see that this was the easiest way of everyone getting what they wanted? Well, except for whatever poor bastard Aedan found to tutor them, but that was Aedan's problem, not his. The other wizard seemed to be getting quite emotional.

''Your father isn't here for such graces, Quigley. But if I could apparate that wouldn't be an issue, would it?'' Andy's cheek came to rest in his hand, supported further by his knee from where he came to sit cross legged. How boring all this clout was. He was asked for conditions. Anything was the limit, and now all he got was pouting. After he burned out all of his excuses however, Aedan relented, and the smirk returned to the Slytherin's face ever so slightly.

''Was that so hard?'' When the other boy haphazardly slapped his wand at the hitherto useless hedgehog and it actually became what the hell it was supposed to be, Andoles gasped audibly. ''See? A little shoving and perhaps you can accomplish something more than moaning.'' Sure, it was a tad incorrect. The pins were not the right way in, and the thing was screaming bloody murder. Andy wondered if it was panic or pain. Perhaps this really was unethical.

Still, this was progress. Though Aedan seemed annoyed at the screeching thing, and he could partly understand. After all, that damn racket was grating on his ears. Andoles grinned at the effort being put forth. The creature was changed back and it fled in terror. Climbing to his feet, he was going to praise the Gryffindor when the other wizard's question hit him in the chest. What in the hell did that have to do with anything? And why did it cause him some curious pang?

''What?'' Blackadder likely sounded a little different when he was both truly startled and bewildered. His excited stance sagged. A moment of silence, that old awkward moment of silence, hung in the air. Finally, he trudged to stand in front of where Aedan laid on his side and bent down, hands on his knees as he balanced on the balls of his feet. His shoes bit him, but he ignored them. Chocolate eyes held a different flavor, one unusual and rare to be seen within them.

''You'll have a higher chance of being a decent wizard without it. Which do you think would be harder to do? Apparate, or rid yourself of that impediment?'' His hand reached out again, but rather than get his digits tangled in Aedan's hair, he simple patted the moron a few times, as if he were consoling a dog. This was how people treated their dogs, right? He had never had one. ''You won't get anywhere thinking you can't do anything all the time.'' His tone became strange.

''Trust me, I've been there.''

Slytherin

Aedan Quigley
Feb 15 2018, 04:39 PM
dysfunctional
#Transfiguration
words count:

Aedan wasn't really sure what his father had to do with anything, unless Blackadder was just being lewd as ever before. But he'd personally never met his father, whoever it was, so it only served to brush him the wrong way.

But all this petting was gonna go to his head.

He huffed, averting his gaze and lingering in the grass in his prone position. What Andy said rang true, but... he had dodged the question. Maybe it really wasn't about whether it bothered him, and yet... of all the things he could have asked for, this was it. Alongside apparating.

"I-I dunno..." Learning to disapparate would definitely be painful and arduous though, and that required conviction and discipline. Stuff Aedan just didn't have yet. But the lisp was just part of him, for better or worse.

"Maybe I don't want to be a great withzard..." Aedan's arms crossed even as Andoles teetered over him on the balls of his feet. He was pretty sure Andy was taunting him in some way, toying with him. He didn't like it.

"Maybe I jutht wanna make sthure I didn't wathte my time coming to thchool here. I had friendth before. And who'th to thay if all thith time ith wathted here? What if after I graduate, I jutht end up going back to thimple life on the orchard? Fat yooth any of thith magic thtuff ith if I'm thtill hanging 'round muggleth all the time..."

Ouch, he'd never actually thought of it that way before... was he going to have to say goodbye to his family just to use magic? He rolled over away from Andy abruptly, obviously deep in thought. He was at a crossroads Aedan didn't want to ponder over just yet...

Not when he felt like it wasn't even really a choice.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 16 2018, 02:28 PM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
The stuttering answer caused a quiet sigh to be exhaled through Andoles' nose. How could he not know? Had he not thought about it? Aedan was so quick to wrestle or try to come back at him that he would have never guessed the boy had such little self esteem. Perhaps it was a recent development, or perhaps the Slytherin had simply struck the right artery with this line of questioning. He smirked at his initial answer.

''Well being a shitty wizard would certainly be a lot easier, wouldn't it?'' Unfortunately, it didn't seem like the red head was catching any of his cheer, or drive. Going off on a pouty tirade. A passive mask slipped over his face for the duration. Leaving everything behind was something he had had to do long before coming back to the UK in the first place. By the time his letter from Hogwarts had arrived, the life in the US has been mostly a distant memory.

Now it was just a painful one, since Aedan had dug up the grave.

''It's your time to waste. Only you can decide if you're wasting your time, or if you would rather be obliverated and sent back to Lanark to grow apples. That's not my call to make.'' His shoulders shrugged even though he knew the other boy wasn't paying him any attention. Like an achy old man, Andy slowly shifted his balance forward to catch himself on his hands and stretch out across the grass perpendicular to the Gryffindor. His feet were really starting to kill him.

''Once upon a time,'' his chin rested on his interlocked hands right behind Aedan's messy mop. He wanted to be close enough to whisper. ''I lived in rural Maine, in the States.'' Again his voice seemed to take on the tone of a stranger's. ''I rode bikes down muddy back roads with muggle children. I played muggle sports, and I was pretty good at it. I did cheap magic tricks at the local talent shows. I was pretty smashing at that too. And then…''

Something seemed to catch in his throat for the briefest of moments.

''The nice stone house my grandfather found for us burned down. Mummy was still inside.'' There was a pause. He hadn't ever told anyone about this, or spoken about it years, really. He was supposed to be over it, but now it didn't really feel like he was. That annoyed him. A lot. ''Then he drug me back to England, back to Castle Blackadder, and told me that I was the future of the family, the last Blackadder. I had to continue the family line, the family tradition.'' He pulled back to sit up once again.

''Be thankful you can choose the gallows on which you stand, Quigley.''

Slytherin

Aedan Quigley
Feb 19 2018, 12:53 AM
dysfunctional
#Transfiguration
words count:

In a way, Aedan had lost his mother too. But that was a completely different story, not quite so tragic or gruesome as the tale Andy laid out for his mother. And the insight into why Blackadder was such a distanced person, even the very reason he could be such an insensitive soul, was more than Quigley had bargained for. And how could Aedan not be shocked by all this, even if it seemed to add up to making so much sense?

First came the remorse.

He wheeled around on Andy just as he withdraws, spinning over onto his other side, trying to get a beat on Andy's expression. He was okay, right? He was the one who always acted to unfazed and indifferent, so calloused that he always seemed beyond reproach.

I'm sorry, the first thing that comes to mind. But what does it matter? Andoles looks composed, but how long will that last if he makes Blackadder linger? Perhaps Aedan has done enough prodding for one evening...

But it didn't sit well with him, the way Andoles expected him to be thankful. Just because he had problems didn't make any difference for his own. Yet one could easily forgive such a grievous oversight in light of Andy's admission. So how could Aedan counter without instigating them further? Short answer: He couldn't.

So he languished, letting his eyes drop from Blackadder, not wanting to make it overly obvious Andy was being observed for any signs of duress. Aedan was still wounded emotionally the way he'd bastardized his bleak prospects so willfully, and ultimately had very little to offer that wouldn't come across as petty or snide.

"If you thay tho..." Mind you Aedan was hardly convinced, and was trying to push past this topic point.

There was an awkward pause before Aedan decided to take that moment to ask something else about Andoles, hardly of that much import, but something that Aedan had a vested interest in. His permission slip.

"Tho... Did you end up getting your permithun thlip thigned thith year, Andy?" His curious voice rang out.

as played by Fonz

Gryffindor

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed