Miss a Step, The start of a parkourship
Averill Trevelyan
Jun 18 2018, 03:42 AM
[Set in Fourth Year]

Averill Trevelyan

"Don't put dirt on my grave just yet."
Avery was very good about being on time to class. Even without the magical pocket watches he'd gotten from his father to remind him of class time, he had always been very diligent about attending his courses. Who knew running late to class one day could actually turn out to be useful, after all? His usual route to class yesterday had been disrupted by a couple of older students loudly arguing in one of the corridors, and he'd been forced to take a slightly longer way to not get stuck in the throng of curious onlookers.

Finding himself already a few minutes late, he'd been racing down a portion of the staircases when he'd noticed someone below him, nimbly leaping from the rails of different stairs, even taking advantage of some of the moving ones to get him to his destination more quickly. His actions were practiced and comfortable, but none-too-fancy, whether because it was the sort of thing you didn't have to embellish, or because whoever it was still hadn't quite mastered what he was doing. The excellently-practiced falls told Avery that this kid had root in martial training of some sort, that was for sure, and he could feel the blood pumping a little harder in his veins at the thought of what he could do with that kind of versatility.

From his vantage point, he'd only clearly been able to see the black hair, and the flash of Gryffindor colors, and he certainly couldn't keep up simply running down, so it had been to his great pleasure that he saw the boy disappear into his very classroom. Less than a minute later, Avery had rushed into class and was greeted with the teacher's disgruntled. "Mr. Trevelyan. So glad you could join us at last. Perhaps you and Mr. O'Neill could endeavor to grace us with your presence on time next time." The barbed comment didn't really seem directed towards him, but towards his classmate. As well it should be; he was never late. Caleb O'Neill, on the other hand, was a bit more frequent a troublemaker, particularly lately.

For whatever reason, during third year, whispers had gone around about how the Gryffindor had undergone a somewhat unpleasant personality shift. Yes, Avery knew exactly who the jumper on the stairways had been.

Which was why he was zipping smoothly through his classmates after class had ended. He'd made his way leisurely out and had found himself behind a large crowd, with O'Neill just barely in view. Slipping through the cracks in the crowd like a wisp of smoke, he threaded his way out just in time to see his classmate head down a different corridor. He took several long strides and reached out to tap O'Neill's shoulder. "Excuse me, O'Neill?" He asked, quietly. "I was hoping I could speak with you. I'm Avery. I'm in your year." He wasn't exactly the most noticeable kid on the block, and the two of them had never specifically had much reason to talk, so he figured an introduction couldn't hurt.
Tag: Caleb O'Neill
as played by firejay1

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusOriental Horse wandAsh, Graphorn Skin, 9½", Supple points5 posts13
Awards: 2

Caleb O'Neill
Jun 28 2018, 01:45 PM
Caleb O'Neill
Don't test me.
Caleb had been used to lectures and jabs about being on time for class. He paid no mind to the professor and just went to sit at the back of the classroom like he always did. The fact he was not the only one to be as late was something new, but not unheard of. Today didn't promise to be a special day, so Caleb couldn't wait to just get out of the classroom and go straight to the Grounds for some work out before lunch time. He had a free period he couldn't wait to get advantage off.

However his estimations were wrong as someone tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around effortlessly to see who was it, only to come face to face with a calm guy with an extremely polite disposition asking if they could talk. Avery, as he had introduced himself, had the greens of the snakes. Not that it mattered much to Caleb. He had seen the guy around, since they were indeed in the same year, but he had never bothered to get to know him. He didn't bother Caleb and Caleb didn't bother him. Simple. So why did he want to talk to him now? Surely he wasn't planning on blaming him for being lectured by the professor, right? "Yeah, mate what do you want?" He asked casually, while it was quite obvious he didn't want to linger long for a chat.
as played by Day

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandWalnut, Dragon Heartstring, 8.1” points10 posts21

Averill Trevelyan
Jun 29 2018, 04:22 PM
[Set in Fourth Year]

Averill Trevelyan

O'Neill didn't look pleased at being stopped at all, body languages saying he had better things to do. "I'm sorry to bother you. I can see you have somewhere you have to be, so I'll keep this short."

Brushing his messy bangs ineffectually back from his forehead, he got straight to the point. "I saw what you were doing on the stairs back there, on the way to class. What was that? Could you teach me how to do that, too?" He didn't mention that he had some experience in martial arts himself, nor that he suspected this was something like that, but the look in his eyes was a sharp glint of almost savage excitement.
as played by firejay1

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusOriental Horse wandAsh, Graphorn Skin, 9½", Supple points5 posts13

Caleb O'Neill
Jul 5 2018, 03:53 PM
Caleb O'Neill
Magic. Static. Call me a fanatic.
"I saw what you were doing on the stairs back there, on the way to class. What was that? Could you teach me how to do that, too?" It was a statement of excitement and curiosity, nothing indicated that Avery was going to rat him out for breaking at least a dozen of school rules to parkour down the Grand Staircase. Still, the whole thing was surprising enough that Caleb had grown stiff and wide eyed for a moment as he processed the request. Then he laughed.

"Sure mate! You're having a deathwish. If you're not afraid of becoming a smudge on the floor if you try what I did back there, you should definitely be afraid of McGonagall's wrath if she finds out." He shook his head. "You'll be grounded and I'll be dead for bringing another student to the Dark Side. And I didn't even try to use cookies." Smirking at his own refference to the muggle meme, Caleb adjusted the position of his backpack before adressing Avery once more.

"To answer your question though. It's called parkour and it's a muggle thing. You don't seem to have the build for it. But if you think you can keep up, I'll race you to the Greenhouses. Then you might be able to watch me practise. I'm no Professor. Deal?" He asked and waited for Avery's reply. It was more like a plan to keep the guy away from all things parkour. McGonagall would really have his head if he taught another student how to pull his little stunts. He was also not feeling like teaching this to someone he didn't know or trust for that matter. What if the Slytherin was just messing with him and wouldn't tell on him when he did some of the more tricky moves?
as played by Day

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandWalnut, Dragon Heartstring, 8.1” points10 posts21

Averill Trevelyan
Jul 5 2018, 07:55 PM
[Set in Fourth Year]

Averill Trevelyan

A little to his pleased surprise, it didn't seem as though he was going to have to work any harder to persuade the Gryffindor. The other kid was not at all confident about Avery's abilities to keep up, but the Slytherin didn't have too many concerns about that. A deathwish, he said? Becoming a little smudge on the floor? He had no idea. That look of excitement in his eyes intensified as he rolled up his sleeves. "There's no reason for McGonagall to be angry, nor for either of us to get in trouble if we don't get caught." He said so quietly it was almost a whisper, with a polite little smile on his face, as if he had not just said something vaguely ominous.

O'Neill wasn't wrong about his build not being perhaps totally suited to the sort of thing they were attempting to do, his mother had told him so herself (when he was six), but she'd also told him the only remedy for that sort of thing was time, practice, and adaptability. Avery might not know parkour specifically, but he had a few tricks up his sleeves the other boy didn't know about. "Sounds like a deal." He said, properly. "So what happens if I beat you there?" His voice was, as ever, perfectly calm, making it impossible to tell if the statement was a joke or a challenge. He waited for the Gryffindor to respond and say the word that they could go.
as played by firejay1

Slytherin

Caleb O'Neill
Jul 14 2018, 11:07 AM
Caleb O'Neill
Magic. Static. Call me a fanatic.
Caleb snorted and laughed as he closed the chest straps of his backpack, his cloak already discarded and stuffed inside it. "You're getting cocky Slytherin. That's a Gryffindor's job." He pointed out as he secured his relatively lightweight bag on his back. He would need that thing to stay put as he would have to race all the way to the Greenhouses. He briefly thought about wearing his parkour gloves as well, but it felt like an unfair disadvantage, so he decided against it.

"Ready?" He questioned, not really answering the guy's question about what would happen if he was faster than him to the Greenhouses. There was no way in Caleb's mind that Avery would be able to do that, no matter how many secret passages he took. So really all that Caleb had to do was wait for Avery to get ready. Afterall, it was a Gryffindor's job to be cocky.
as played by Day

Gryffindor

Averill Trevelyan
Aug 13 2018, 11:28 PM
[Set in Fourth Year]

Averill Trevelyan

Avery laughed lightly. "I wasn't aware that the houses came with a job description, but maybe it was a bit presumptuous of me to ask." He pulled his ponytail a little tighter, but that was the only adjustment he made. What was the point of practicing any sort of physical movement only in ideal conditions? It was better to train yourself to deal with the inconvenience of flapping packs and robes than stumble across the situation someday. If he could do this, he was going to have a couple tricks to surprise his mom with.

"Ready." Avery said. "On your go." He bounced slightly on the balls of his feet, and as soon as the other boy said go, shot forward. His brain mapped out the quickest route to the greenhouse in his head, but he knew he had to be at a bit of a disadvantage. They were on the second floor, and O'Neill could deal with the moving staircases at a far better pace than he could. There was also the fact that a number of students would still be milling about the more popular areas as it hadn't been that long since classes had finished. The hidden staircase was the fastest way to the ground floor, and it was right down the hall. This was going to take a little rule-breaking, but hopefully no one would bother to report him for it.

Ducking behind the tapestry, Avery swung himself onto the railing and practically flew down it, jumping from it at the end and hurtling through the other tapestry at an undignified speed. He managed to avoid slamming into the wall, or any other person by nothing short of a miracle, and raced down the corridor, dodging and pushing past the few people who were there. He was tempted to whip his wand out to make things easier for him, but using magic was no way to prove himself to his potential teacher. He grinned. He had not had this much fun since school had started.
as played by firejay1

Slytherin

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options