Spontaneous concert, Open for Orchestra/choir peeps & others
Ashley Shafiq
Mar 4 2018, 05:21 PM
our
life is
a tale
Sometimes Ashley could swear she could hear music echoe through the room even when it was empty. Maybe it was the ghosts, maybe it was Peeves playing a prank, though she doubted this was up Peeves' field of expertise, or maybe it was just her imagination. She always had a vivid imagination. Regardless of the reason, Ashley loved the music room for that. It was a nice place for her to calm down from the rush and stress of a day full of lessons and homework.

Leaving her bag, filled with books and half-finished homework at one of the chairs, her robe folded neatly over the back of the chair, she made her way over to the piano. She hummed a tune as she opened the lid, revealing the black-n-white keys. She pressed a couple of the middle notes at random before sitting comfortably. Now, she knew that her piano skills were practically non-existent, infant at best, but the song had been stuck in her head for too long and she needed to get it out or she felt like she would explode. Exploding to random singing during a class or in a hallway was not good, so she had to do it here.

Fumbling with the keys and notes, she began playing the intro. Yet she had to cringe as it didn't sound as it was supposed to. She would really loved it if Dmitry was here with her. That way this wouldn't sound so..... childlish. But the older Slytherin was not here so she had to make due with what she had, even though she was not good at playing music and singing at the same time. "I don't want to make a scene. I don't want to let you down..
Try to do my own thing and I'm starting to figure it out...."
She sang.

--------
You're the reason (Song), Dmitry Voronin and all the peeps

as played by Day

Ravenclaw

member groupRavenclaw titleRavenclaw character ageFifteen genderFemale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandBeech, Unicorn Tail Hair, 9” points0 posts8
Awards: 1

Dmitry Voronin
Mar 6 2018, 03:49 PM
Life hurts because it matters

He was coming up a flight of stairs during a free period, surveying the halls for any prospects on rule-breakers, when he heard the unmistakable sound of the school piano: A shrill, tantalizing tone that played well into almost any symphony.

Dmitry perked up and smiled faintly. Is it the Professor practicing...? He started meandering toward the orchestra room, though within a few moments it became self-evident by the vocals that this wasn't their Professor at all. But even so...

He was curious to identify the mystery pianist.

It wasn't anybody from orchestra, so far as he could tell... They looked to be some unknown count of years younger than him, possibly a fourth year. She looked familiar, like she was around them often. Could she be part of the frog choir, perhaps?

Dmitry had the back of his hand tucked against his hip just a few feet through the doorway, appraising their performance. They were definitely part of choir with that voice... and he could hear why they weren't in orchestra from the piano. Either their hands and fingers were too small to flow across the keys fluidly, or they were too caught up in the lyrics to truly honor the instrument.

Yet they were hardly dreadful. Dmitry was just picky.

But she was doing something Dmitry had never done before... singing. That took a level of confidence he could envy. Admire.

He made the last few steps over to the piano bench, footfalls thumping lightly against the ground audibly by now, giving way to his presence. After clearing his voice, he started at her:

"Did you learn that all by yourself there?"

Author's Note:

as played by Alfonz

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandElder, 10¾", Unicorn Hair, Unyielding points0 posts38
Awards: 3

Quinn Kearns
Mar 7 2018, 06:19 AM
Lykes
He wasn’t in any of the classes or clubs, but Quinn often found himself in the art classroom, playing around and meditating with the muggle mediums that were nostalgically familiar to him. Any lingering students were trickling away, however, and it was also about time for him to head to his next agenda. Despite not being the most naturally intellectual individual, the huffle did learn diligence in order to not fall behind in his classes.

He was studious, for the most part…

Passing by the agape entry to their classroom that held the school’s musical artifacts, excited ears couldn’t help but catch the light song that drifted into the corridor, hosted by a voice he recognized. Ashley’s smooth and resonating lilt, a friend both inside and outside of the Frog choir. A piano had accompanied the sing, not particularly fluid with the occasional stray key, but the female voice was impeccably in tone and distracted the boy from his plans.

He could spare a few moments before starting on his homework, right?

Not debating the decision any longer, Quinn picked up the lyrics with his own accompaniment, letting his voice float from his vocals freely with naive bliss.

“That it's alright~ Keep it together wherever we go.”

Enchanted as he always was when caroling, the hufflepuff had wandered into the room unknowing of his surroundings, expressions consumed with a love of music, and it was just his ears, throat, and heart that were engaged. Not his mind.

“And it's alright, oh well, whatever~ Everybody needs--”

By the time his eyes fluttered back open and registered the scene before him, he was already halfway between the piano and the doorway. Quinn didn’t know what he was expecting, but was not expecting another individual whose voice he failed to notice through his own enraptured caroling. Ashley was present, as he predicted, but so was one of the orchestra’s many attractive musicians (surprisingly not at the instrument).

Two students, an artistic setting… The serenading vocal was abruptly cut and continued in a regular conversing tone.

“I’m not interrupting anything special, am I?”

VC: NCT's DoYoung

as played by Lykes

Hufflepuff

member groupHufflepuff titleHufflepuff character ageFifteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusMink wandelm wood, dragon heartstring core, 11 ½" points0 posts24

Ashley Shafiq
Mar 8 2018, 12:15 PM
our
life is
a tale
Ashley had been focused on singing and playing the notes as close to tune as possible, which had been mildly successful, so she only realized she was no longer alone when Dmitry walked up to her. "Did you learn that all by yourself there?" Turning around, she faced him with a slightly nervous smile. "Oh hi Dmitry." She said as she cut the song short, fingers lifting from the piano keys to rest on the seat. "No, actually Vurugu showed me that just before Ieaving for London. Buut I can't say I remember all the notes, so I can't really do justice to the piece." She answered his question and rubbed the back of her neck with slight embarassement.

Just then, another one walked into the room. Her choir partner and fashion friend Quinn. She was surprised to find out the Hufflepuff knew this song as well. She beamed at him, even though a blush crept up her face as he wondered if he was interrupting anything special. "No Quinn, Dmitry just got here himself." She turned at Dmitry with a curious face. "At least I think you did. Sometimes I lose my surroundings when I sing and try to play the piano at the same time." She didn't want to assume anything, but she hadn't even gone to the chorus when the two showed up, so Dmitry couldn't have been there long.

"Soo, what are you guys up to? Cause if you have time I'd really like it if we got to do our own thing for a bit. I mean, Dmitry can do any piece of music justice with his playing and I'm surprised you actually know that song Quinn. It's not that big a hit." She suggested and her eyes shone with excitement at the prospect. Choir practise was fun. That's why she had joined up in the first place, but there was something magical in spontaneous sessions and it reminded her of home and their little band, The Shapeshifters. She looked at the two expectantly, trying not to look pleading because she knew that Sixth years like Dmitry had it rough with schoolwork and she wasn't entirely aware of Quinn's schedule so she didn't want to put pressure on them.

--------
You're the reason (Song), Dmitry Voronin, Quinn Kearns

as played by Day

Ravenclaw

member groupRavenclaw titleRavenclaw character ageFifteen genderFemale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandBeech, Unicorn Tail Hair, 9” points0 posts8

Dmitry Voronin
Mar 29 2018, 03:09 PM

"Vurugu, huh?" Quite an ethnic name he concluded, before turning back to notice another student encroaching on them from the open door. They posed an interesting question that left him mildly flustered. Were they interrupting something 'special'? Hardly, although Dmitry couldn't help but blush slightly. Dating someone younger than him just wasn't quite his style, but now that it'd been shoved into his brain, the mental image left him reeling. Thankfully Ashley answered him in lieu of Dmitry mustering a response of his own, and they quickly flowed back into conversation.

"Pretty much," he affirmed Ashley's postulation. He'd only just arrived.

"I came to see who was playing my piano," Dmitry teased, running a hand over Ashley's hair and untidying it slightly with a rustle of his fingers. Of course he wasn't actually bothered by it, but moreso enticed by the opportunity to flex his fingers. Flaunt them, too, if he could.

"...So that I could praise them, of course. It's a lot to take up, playing piano." And if you asked him, it was the loneliest instrument of the bunch. Everyone else played in groups or pairs, all while Dmitry alone showcased the string keys. And if he messed up, it was his fault. Not the cello's, not the woodwinds or the brasswinds; if the piano was wrong, it was because Dmitry was wrong. It was cruel.

Which is why the appeal of a duet intrigued him so, enough that he had crept up into the room during his free period. But he wasn't about to drop that knowledge bomb on anyone, just to ruin the current mood.

He slipped onto the end of the piano bench without invitation, though allowing a sparse distance between him and Ashley for both their sakes. Lining his hands up to the proper notes and scale, Dmitry nodded for Ashley. "Would you like to play with me while you sang, too, Ashley? I don't want to lose you to Quinn over here," he poked fun at the two underclassmen, whom seemed to be well acquainted.

Author's Note: --.

as played by Alfonz

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandElder, 10¾", Unicorn Hair, Unyielding points0 posts38

Quinn Kearns
Mar 31 2018, 09:29 PM
Lykes
Faint rosy hues rushed to the surface of both their complexions, and they still claimed to have just arrived? Quinn rose a questioning eyebrow at them, although it was all an act since while he like teasing others, he was also trusting in their words. The song had not progressed much, and the music had not been echoing in the halls for too long. They were all fresh newcomers.

It was odd for one to be possessive over a common use piano, but Quinn had to give it to him. Dmitry was one of the orchestra’s pianists, and a great one at that, performing tunes ever so intoxicating for his own self who lacked an instrumental talent. Some kids learned how to read music and how to play it. The blond hadn’t known either (sports had occupied most of his childhood) until joining the frog choir prompted him to.

“It’s really no problem, I can give you two space if you want me to~ But no need to worry about losing her to me! The more the merrier~”

He crossed the remaining distance towards the upright and slung his backpack off his shoulders, setting the bag against the woody encasement by his feet. Leaning with an elbow propped on the piano top, Quinn watched the two having a seat before the instrument.

“It is kind of a coincidence that I know the lyrics… When I was young, ‘Victorious’ seemed to be the only show that ever played every time I opened the TV. This song happened to be on one of the days, and it was catchy, so I learned it!

“But I’ll have time to stay if you help me with our new history assignment. So... sing now, tutor later?”

His smiling expression was inquisitive, although the boy already knew that whether he had the time or not, he would be staying to enjoy a short musical session. Work was ever present in the future, but a chance get together like this wasn't, was it?

as played by Lykes

Hufflepuff

member groupHufflepuff titleHufflepuff character ageFifteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusMink wandelm wood, dragon heartstring core, 11 ½" points0 posts24

Ashley Shafiq
Apr 8 2018, 12:43 PM
our
life is
a tale
Blood rushed to her cheeks once more as her hair was playfully ruffled by Dmitry as he claimed ownership of the piano and praising her for her efforts in accompanying her song with matching music tune. Ashley didn't know how to read notes all that well, she knew their positions in the pentagram, but she had to count the lines to be certain of the actual note each time. It was hardly fair to say she knew how to read music. Instead she had learned the tune by instinct. She liked that song a lot as it meant something to her despite it being from a rather old TV show. So she had learned the relative position of each note on the piano keys and corrected her performance now and then by testing a couple of nearby keys to see how they sounded compared to the entire piece. Vurugu had showed it to her a couple of times, but there was only so much she could remember without the music sheet. "Uh, thanks." She responded to sixth year's praise.

The unconvinced eyebrow rising on Quinn's visage didn't escape her and she rolled her eyes at him with an expression that pretty much said 'Really, Quinn?'. She had a boyfriend and she was pretty sure she had mentioned that to her friend at some point. But, eh, who cared? She moved slightly to the side to make more room for Dmitry to comfortably sit in front of his piano. “It’s really no problem, I can give you two space if you want me to~ But no need to worry about losing her to me! The more the merrier~” Quinn assured Dmitry and made himself more comfortable by the piano. "I'm still here you know." She pointed out playfully as she fixed her ruffled hair, smilling as her little plan seemed to be working just fine.

"Deal! That assignement ain't all that hard." She beamed at Quinn at the prospect of singing together and then helping him out with History. While most people found History of Magic boring and without real use, Ashley loved it and she was good at it. If she ever decided to charge the people she tutored, she would've ended up with a rather decend pocket money from it. But that was beyond the point and she would never do that. She liked helping others and share her excitement about history. With their little deal out of the way, she turned to Dmitry.

"It's not that easy playing and singing at the same time. Especially when I don't know how to properly play the piano in the first place. But I'll try and play with you Dmitry." She said, straightening herself a little. She wiggled and flexed her fingers a bit, to get the muscles to relax as she had not been used to playing the piano. "I don't have a music sheet of the song with me, but it's a fairly simple melody. Have you heard the song before? Or do you have something else in mind you want to play instead?" She asked, getting in the mood for a fun time. --------
You're the reason (Song), Dmitry Voronin, Quinn Kearns

as played by Day

Ravenclaw

Glesni Carrow
May 2 2018, 10:51 AM
"Well if it isn't a wonderful sight" , Glesni spoke from the entrance to the Music Classroom, leaned against the door in a relaxed fashion, albeit more than obviously her comment held no audible sympathy. It was a rather indifferent, simple way to politely (enough) make her presence known. Musical practices they tended to have were always somewhat bitter-sweet. As someone acting like an entertainer of the family her entire young life, she felt at home. At the same time she had her doubts about how willing she was to cooperate with the others and compromise her music. If nothing, then she could say she certainly got used to it by now. Did not mean she had to like it.

Taking the cello off of her back, miss Carrow stepped gracefully into the room, placing the case at one of the tables, looking around the room once again. It was quite the colourful bunch of familiar faces. Some more than the others, and some she was happier to see than the others, but business was business and therefore, they all received an equally polite smile.

"So? What are we ought to do today?", she asked, the same smile still hovering across her face until she laid her eyes upon two pair of hands against the piano keys, which was enough for understanding. "Say no more. I am interrupting. Carry on", she nodded, flashing a specifically tense look towards her acquired cousin from Africa. It wasn't quite openly intimidating, and it could have been rather described as invasive, curious and somewhat challenging.

Here she was, a perfect girl from Shafiq family so damn talented in everything she did. Her father and...just about everyone else, including Fawley's, never failed to speak of virtuosity Ashley was supposedly prone of and yet, Glesni had never heard or seen any of her fascinating skills properly as it was always hidden by the crowd she was happy to avoid. If one was to claim such thing they were ought to be able to prove it as well at any given time.

"I've been waiting to witness your famous talent for a while now, Ashley", she finally addressed her cousin straight up. "I am fortunate to catch up it seems", she chuckled briefly leaning against the table, crossing her arms , expecting the show to start. Even though it often came out as such, Glesni was not an envious person, but rather the type to take down the incompetent competition with her painfully self-confidence. Credits or critics were due according to the result she would receive. On the lighter note...

"No pressure. Cousin."

Ashley Shafiq; Dmitry Voronin; Quinn Kearns

credits to xion of OOC

--------------------
user posted image
Actual credits to ActuallyDano <3
as played by In Causa

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageSixteen genderFemale blood statusPureblood patronusUncorporeal wandBlackthorn, Dragon Heartstring, 12” points0 posts4
Awards: 2

Dmitry Voronin
Jun 7 2018, 01:35 PM

"I was just teasing anyways," he told Kearns. But it was easy enough to see neither of them was being overtly serious, so he figured they could drop it after that. Which was just as well, because he struck up a discussion with Ashley shortly thereafter.

Quinn and Ashley did seem to have some backstory to them, Dmitry soon discovered after their little exchange, though it was mostly a "just friends" thing, or maybe "study buddies" was a better way of putting it. Still, it wouldn't have really mattered to him any; Dmitry was just putting on a friendly show for his musically talented cohorts. Although there was one thing that caught his attention: This mention of a TV. It happened a lot around Half-bloods and Muggle-borns. He wondered what it might've meant, but wouldn't dare ask in fear of seeming ignorant to his juniors.

Thus he observed in silent diligence.

After they were done hashing out their little contract, Ashley confronted Dmitry about the score. He didn't see why they couldn't play what she wanted, although he stopped for a moment to reconsider just how out of depth he was. He might've been in Muggle Music, but he was far from an expert, and wasn't familiar with the source material. Whatever "Victorious" was didn't ring any bells with him. Oh, that's right...

"I don't really know the song. I only heard the parts you played, actually..." Bummer.

Dmitry had not yet been able to decide what their course of action should be when Glesni appeared in the archway, slouching against the door. Maybe it was because they had both known each other for a good while that he picked up on her voice so quickly, leering at the newcomer before softening his expression once he verfied who it was. It seemed that, whatever reasons she had for coming here, they were quickly dismissed by Ashley's presence. Convenient, because he'd always felt a bit awkward around Glesni ever since they'd both discovered their not-quite-exactly-official-yet betrothal.

"Hey Gles," he offered politely.

An interesting dialogue erupted between Glesni and Ashley. Apparently they were related. Cousins. He tried to wrap his head around that: Just how many people in this castle were relatives? Yet Voronin supposed a glance back at any pureblood family trees would end up quickly leading to a common root however, and decided not to make a fuss out of it, lest he appear hypocritical.

Glesni was puffing Ashley up with other peoples' praise, though he thought he detected a hint of skepticism coming off her choice of words. She could be pretty intimidating, even without trying, so Dmitry wondered if perhaps he was reading into it too much. He swallowed down the lump in his throat before directing his full attention towards Ashley once more. "Well..."

"I think this calls for a more... magical score," he prompted Ashley seriously.

"Wouldn't you agree?"

Dmitry's fingers began to roll over the first few keys, a nostalgic song reverberating through his body. But he stiffened at the first few notes, shaking his head complicitly before reaching into his pocket for a wand of Elder, unyielding. He tapped it against the piano case once, and the mechanics inside seemed to shift from the noise that came from within, before Dmitry cleared his throat (not that he needed to) and began anew once again the same wizard's melody.

Glesni should've known she was in for double the trouble after floating in with an air of expectation like that. Dmitry raised an eyebrow at Ashley, hoping she recognized the tune enough to follow along, knowing full well that her friend Quinn would be there to back her up. After all, this was something of a specialty for the frog choir.

But this particular song was infectious, and even Dmitry couldn't resist the urge to break out in a low hum, a bit shy of a crowd when singing: "Double, double, toil and trouble.~ Fire burn and cauldron bubble.~"

Author's Note: --.

as played by Alfonz

Slytherin

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options