Welcome to Priori Incantatem
All witches and wizards aboard the Hogwarts Express from Platform 9¾!

Priori Incantatem welcomes everyone to a fascinating adventure into a modern version of Harry Potter roleplaying, where nostalgia of what we know about Hogwarts meets with new exciting characters we haven't met before. We closely follow canon and the Wizard World history for what has happened in the past, but entwine our own characters into the story to make it ours. Only the canon logic, occasional rules, and your own imagination is your limit.

Priori Incantatem encourages independent roleplaying and creative self-expression, and thus we have set the bar for players to be advanced level writers so that we can trust everything runs smoothly. Every player and character is carefully scoped by staff, and we have a zero tolerance policy for toxic environments. Our main objective is and always will be that each individual feels welcome, safe, and comfortable. And most importantly, that everyone has fun!

Interested? Check out all the important stuff from the links below!

September 2023.

First semester has come again, and all the Hogwarts students are ready to say good bye to summer and greet the autumn. This is a very eventful months for all the Hogwarts students. First travelling back to school with the famous Hogwarts Express, enjoying the Sorting Ceremony of the first years, exchanging holiday stories with peers over the Opening Banquet Feast, and getting know to new students. Meanwhile, some students are greeted with new extra responsibilities, like becoming Prefects or Head Students, or taking over Captaincy or Leader positions in their respectful teams and clubs. New classes and new schedules keep the students busy too, which makes maintaining the social life and grades immediately a challenge. It'll be up to the students to sort out their priorities; studies or friends?

Original skinning was done by these following awesome people!
Skin by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory.
Push Sidebar by MERC of Merc does Cookies.
Tooltips by MALIHU.
Pop out PM by BLACK @ Code

Add Reply
New Poll

black cats and bad luck, feat lucan rowle
Dec 15 2017, 05:06 PM
BUT WHEN YOU'VE GOT NO ONE TO TURN TO JUST HOLD ON AND I'LL FIND YOU
Song leaves potions later than the others because it's always been her worst subject. She's never even sure what goes wrong when she tries to make a potion; in retrospect, she should be somewhat decent at it because of how good she is with charms, but it seems her talent in one won't transfer to the other, not even a little. She still loves potions, but she just- She's just kind of terrible at it, even if all the potions she makes always ends up having interesting effects. (That are never as intended, but.)

Her hand grips her things a bit closer, a bit of frusturation leaking through at how she can't ever seem to manage to get it right. The feeling leaves as quickly as a tide recedes, but Song still huffs ever so slightly, giving a smile of goodbye to Lucan - he had to stay behind too - before she heads out of the classroom.

The sight that meets her surprises her in the most pleasant of ways, a small black cat curled up on the ground, green eyes opening at the sound of her footsteps. Yangli stretches from where he was standing, arching his back as he begins to pad on over to her, and Song can't help the happy noise that escapes her mouth when she holds out her arms so her cat can jump into them. Her cat does this sometimes- Picks her up from a class when he's bored enough, keeps her company when reading just because he can, and Song's always all too delighted when these occasions turn up. She murmurs a hello against his fur as she kisses his head, closing her eyes because of the burst of contentment she feels.

Closing her eyes was a mistake, because she doesn't notice if someone leaves the classroom, but she does notice the feeling and sound of Yangli hissing before he leaves her grasp and pounces on-

"Oh my god." Song whispers, horrified as her eyes snap open just in time to see Yangli pouncing, claws out at Lucan Rowle. She immediately reaches over to try and get him off but- Holy Merlin, Yangli's jumped too far and Lucan's too tall.

BY MITZI
49 posts | Send Message
Hufflepuff | Sixteen | Muggleborn | Laurel, Unicorn hair, 12 ¼" | Hamster
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by Wren || Female | UTC−8:00
Link | | Quote | |
Dec 19 2017, 04:31 AM
when i'm lost and wandering
it's exactly where i want to be,
don't run too slow, they don't know you are alone and on your own. out there in the night and in the cold is where you roam— trampin' through the streets on leather soles; live on the road, it's okay not to have someplace to call home.
strays by leather tramp
The theoretical aspects of magic came easily to Lucan, as did memorising the various practical applications of potions. His mother, as she frequently reminded him, was a professional potioneer, and it was through her ingenuity that he kept his lycanthropy a secret at Hogwarts. He studied the subject intently, yet without fail would falter in the actual creation of potions; memorisation of how much each ingredient was needed meant nothing when one lacked a delicate touch.

Indeed, Lucan's 'acceptable' grade in potions came not from a failure to understand its concepts, but a failure to bring what was envisioned in his mind to reality. Time, of course, was the major factor— with hands as large as his brewing potions became an arduous task that required most, if not all, his focus, and he spent many of his classes with his face nearly pressed directly against the ingredients he was cutting to ensure precision.

The problem, he concluded, was borne out of frustration and impatience. Developing the proper cutting technique took both time and effort he was yet unwilling to spend, and so Lucan trudged through his first five years at Hogwarts with a passing grade at the subject.

At least, he glances at a girl not far away in the classroom, he was not the worst of the class. Many times he witnessed Song Jin's potions go awry, each concoction brought with it myriad unexpected effects— some funny, others devastating (though still funny, according to him). At first he found the girl amusing, now he found her equal parts amusing and annoying.

He would always turn to look at her, caramel tresses and bright smiles, and something in his chest would begin to twist and knot uncomfortably. She was always happy, always so positive and energetic and tiresome to deal with. In her presence Lucan would think of nothing but the way she effortlessly lit up a room with her presence, and it certainly didn't help his endeavours to improve at potions.

His hand slipped against parchment, and Lucan cursed in suit. The 'w' in Golpalott's Third Law became crooked, and now he would have to start again. He acknowledged Song's smile goodbye with a curt nod, then returned to his work.

Writing notes for her, that is.

He decided on the day that it was annoying how she struggled. Her mistakes muddled his focus, it was all her fault, and if no one helped her improve she would forever be stuck in his thoughts. Lucan pressed harder against the parchment, as though forcing the nagging feeling into the paper and out of his mind: tips and tricks on making better potions as told by his mother. Lucan lacked the dexterity for the techniques, but Song's delicate hands could probably do them justice.

The room was empty when he packed up. Lucan shoved his books away tiredly, wanting nothing more than to sleep the hazy feeling in his chest away. If nothing else, sweets and a nap fixed most of his problems. He approached the doorway at a languid pace, his feet near dragging against the stone floor. The smell of… cat dander(?) hung suspiciously in the air, becoming pronounced on his exit.

It took a moment for Lucan to register the pain of claws latched onto the skin of his face. He stumbled, attacked by an unfamiliar black cat, and a string of curses followed by unintelligible shouts escaped him. The werewolf struggled against what was stereotypically his greatest enemy, pulling at the angry ball of fur assaulting every inch of exposed skin. With one hand still gripping his 'notes' fighting back became a great struggle, but Lucan refused to let go.

When he finally pulled the cat from himself he had already fallen like a tree, six feet and ten inches of height hitting the stone floor with a dull thud. His back felt the brunt of the force, but at least he no longer felt claws digging into his cheek. Overwhelmed by an animal instinct he quite nearly barked at the offending animal, but stopped himself at a low, guttural growl.

Only then did the rolled up parchment tumble from his grip onto the floor. His freed hand reached to gently brush against his cheek; it stung, and when pulled into view Lucan could see streaks of red wetness on his fingers. Bleeding. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, but a hiss from the cat brought him to attention.

Lucan pulled his foot back, ready to kick the animal if it decided to attack again. Damn cats, he sniffed the air and snarled, with their bad moods and bad smells.

"Who lets their angry cat wander the godsdamned grounds?" He grumbled, struggling to get to his feet. The notes he worked so hard on were all but forgotten on the ground, along with the rest of his belongings.

#MUZZCODES
47 posts | Send Message
Slytherin | Sixteen | Pure-blood | Cherry, dragon heartstring, 13¾ inches, unyielding | Hyena
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by muzz! || Male | GMT+10
Link | | Quote | |
Dec 21 2017, 06:04 PM
Lucan would find himself unable to get to his feet because the moment he hit the ground, Song acts, dropping down to the ground to meet Lucan and Yangli, grabbing her cat by the scruff of his neck to level a glare at emerald green eyes. "杨莉,没有!" The Hufflepuff scolds, Chinese flowing out of her lips as she sternly tells her cat no. The answering hiss makes her mouth opening again, her mother tongue letting loose like a waterfall as she continues to scold. "我会带走你的袜子!" That makes the cat pause, and Song glares back because she's not going to even humor her cat with believing he doesn't understand her words.

Her cat's stupidly intelligent, and she just lets out a huff when she watches her cat exhale in her hand, his fur settling down enough that Song lets go of his scruff. She watches her cat land on his feet, taking a few steps away from her and Lucan but keeping his eye on them both, but that's not as important right now.

"Who lets their angry cat wander the godsdamned grounds?" Song winces at his words, shuffling closer so that she's kneeling right besides Lucan. Worry is clear in her amber eyes, an apology at the tip of her tongue as she raises a hand to ghost her fingers over the scratches on Lucan's face from her cat. "I'm sorry." She murmurs desolately, looking seconds away from tears but not distressed enough for the salty water to well up in her eyes. "Your pretty face has scratches over them now, I'm so sorry for him." And Song is- So, so sorry she doesn't know what to do with herself.

Apologies only go so far, and Song leans in closer as she forgets about the concept of personal face, all that's on her mind regret at the action of her pet and a want to make this up to Lucan. "He's not normally so violent towards people-" Kind of a lie, but the people Yangli is violent towards normally deserve it, but Lucan's never done a thing. "I don't... I'm so sorry Lucan, I can- I can kiss it better?" Kiss it and make the pain fly away is an old Japanese proverb Song took in as her own from the years at Mahoutokoro, and if Lucan's comfortable with it, Song can definitely kiss his face to make the sting of the scratches go away.

Or- She could actually just heal him, she forgot she's good at healing spells. "Or I can heal the scratches!" She blurts out, "I was going to drag you to Madame Pomfrey's, but I can actually deal with scratches myself. Or I can bandage them. Or kiss them. Or serve you for like a day in apology-" She's rambling.

She's also completely failed to notice she's shifted and is kind of on top of Lucan now.

Song suddenly brightens, remembering a very important fact about Lucan. "I'll get you something sweet!"

BY MITZI
49 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Dec 28 2017, 11:59 PM
don't run too slow, they don't know you are alone and on your own. out there in the night and in the cold is where you roam— trampin' through the streets on leather soles; live on the road, it's okay not to have someplace to call home.
strays by leather tramp
Close, she's way too close.

Lucan flinched, not from pain but from the faintest of tingles as Song's hand hovered above his injuries. The deeper of scratches on his skin oozed with small amounts of blood— painting sun-kissed skin in thin streaks of bright red. He should be in pain, recoiling from the sensation of claws having dug into the tender flesh of his face, yet all he could focus on were Song's eyes: lightly glazed by the threat of tears, and he found himself brushing her hand away in some misguided attempt to prevent her from crying.

Pretty face, he snorted at the comment, few at Hogwarts would deem Lucan 'acceptable' to look at— much less 'pretty'. He forced his gaze from Song's face, if only to hide the tinge of red forming on his cheeks, happy as he was to be considered attractive. Luckily for him, the cat's scratches did much to cover his embarrassment. "I'm… fine." He held a finger tentatively to his fresh injuries, winced upon contact, and pulled it away to find the slightest blotch of red on its tip. "Cats and I don't get along, anyway." His words were dusted with the slightest hint of amusement.

He was, after all, a werewolf.

"I don't... I'm so sorry Lucan, I can- I can kiss it better?"

"NO." He was louder than he anticipated, reacted more than he normally allowed for himself to. "No… thanks." Lucan repeated, correcting his volume. In his shock he had jerked his face away from Song, embarrassment now painting it a bright red. Somehow, he glanced downwards, Song seemed to have made her way on top of him in her apology— and so little else mattered to Lucan now than getting her off of him before she realised how responsive a certain area was for a teenage boy. "Song, can I-"

"Or I can heal the scratches!"

"It's fine, I just—"

"I was going to drag you to Madame Pomfrey's, but I can actually deal with scratches myself…"

"There's really no need—"

"Or I can bandage them. Or kiss them. Or serve you for like a day in apology-"

"That's not—"

"I'll get you something sweet!"

Lucan was not entirely sure if he had ever felt so embarrassed and out of place in his entire existence. The sting from his injuries were nothing now compared to the heat in his face, the haze building up in his thoughts, the twinge in his chest. "Song." Firmly he reached out with both hands to latch onto the girl's shoulders to calm her. They were petite in his hands, but Lucan had little time to further entertain the thought. He could feel the piercing gaze of the cat in his side, and quickly (but with no small amount of hesitation) did he let go. "I… appreciate what you're trying to do." He attempted to keep his signature nonchalance, yet succeeded only in appearing more awkward than he should. "It's just I would be much more comfortable having this conversation in… uh…" He moved his hands in a sweeping gesture, "Not this position."

Slowly he clambered to his feet to stand at his full height, towering above both Song and her pet. His books and belongings lay forgotten on the ground, or perhaps he was simply too lazy to bend over to pick them up— having forgotten the notes he had so painstakingly taken before. "I'll take you up on the offer of sweets though," He said, with lopsided smile and lazy tone. He seemed happy despite his injuries, glowing at the prospect of snacks above all.

"The cat can come along… I guess." Lucan turned to the little black feline, meeting its disapproving gaze with a smug one of his own. He had little doubt the cat had an inkling of his nature, but Lucan decided— immaturely— that he had won this round. The werewolf picked up a quiet hiss from the pet: a warning, and he flashed a brief but toothy grin in return.

He reached to tug on Song's sleeve as a dog would when demanding a walk, "Let's go," He said, impatience in his drawl, "I'm injured." As if sugar would heal him, as if sugar quills had anything to do with the scratches on his face. He could feel an itch in his skin already: a sign that he was healing quickly— as he usually did.

"I'm injured and I need Honeydukes..."

song's too cute i'm gonna dieeee.
#MUZZCODES
47 posts | Send Message
Slytherin | Sixteen | Pure-blood | Cherry, dragon heartstring, 13¾ inches, unyielding | Hyena
Link | | Quote | |
Jan 3 2018, 01:29 PM
Lucan's always confused her more than anything- He acts nicely to her one moment, actions hidden behind gruff words and an unamused stare but still kind, but then the next moment he's pushing her away, and Song's left scrambling to stand steady on her own two feet. And now, he's... Completely flustered.

There's a blush on his face, red dusting his cheeks, as he looks away from her as if she's too blinding to gaze upon. She only calms her panic enough to notice when he puts large hands over her shoulders to call her name, and the awkward sentences that leave his mouth means he's so off kilter that Song can't help but stare.

"I… appreciate what you're trying to do. It's just I would be much more comfortable having this conversation in… uh…" She watches him motion to her and him all at once, looking down to realize that huh, she's on top of him, when did that happen? "Not this position."

There's a beat of silence as Song lets his words sink in, before she moves off of Lucan with an apology. Amber eyes are staring at the purple haired giant like he's a puzzle though, watching him stand up so he towers over her even more. (Absently, she thinks it would be really cool if Lucan gave her a piggyback one day, because she'd be so high up.)

Then he smiles at her, a lopsided thing that looks like the sun peeking out from the clouds, a rarity Song wants to capture in a picture so she can see forever. She's so startled by it she doesn't stand up yet, blinking owlishly before she blurts out, "Speaking of sweets, your smile is the sweetest thing I've seen all day." And she means it, Lucan should smile more often. She stands to her feet after that though, not noticing the exchange between Lucan and Yangli. What she notices instead is what happens after- Yangli looking between Lucan and Song with obvious disdain before he jumps atop of Song and buries himself in her robes.

Song just lets out of a soft huff of fondness at that, nodding at Lucan's call for sugar as she starts to follow him towards the direction of Honeydukes. She does frown at his mention of his injury though, "Are you sure you don't want me to heal the scratches?" She asks again, "It's really no trouble." She pulls out her wand regardless of his answer though, swishing the piece of wood so that all the books and papers that Lucan dropped when Yangli pounced collects in her hand. It's all in a neat stack now, and she hands it over to Lucan with a "Here you go-"

Wait.

... Is that her name, atop the very front paper?

BY MITZI
49 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Jan 13 2018, 06:06 AM
strays by leather tramp
Song's generous reserve of compliments were, more often than not, the primary source of stress for poor Lucan Rowle. For at least the fourth time in the same day blood has rushed eagerly to his cheeks, colouring his skin a glowing red. The corners of his mouth twitched— struggling to maintain a veneer of nonchalance at her words. She would give anyone this compliment, he told himself, willing the rapid beating of his heart to calm with the justification.

He pulls his hand back at the sight of the cat, brisk strides slowing to a halt. Violet eyes met green and narrowed, clearly unhappy at the pet's persistence. The feline acted not unlike a father at his daughter's prospective dates— disapproving and protective in ways too covert for Song to catch onto.

"Are you sure you don't want me to heal the scratches? It's really no trouble."

At that Lucan paused, casually swiping his fingers along the cuts in his cheeks. They were scabbed over now, clotted with dried blood and healing faster than even he anticipated. Much as he detested it, his curse did have its uses. "... I said it was fine, didn't I?" He reassured Song once again, turning fully to face the girl. Neatly she had magically compiled his books and supplies into a fine stack in her arms— all bright smiles and cheer, the melodic lilt in her voice could make even the coldest of hearts sing. Ah, Lucan lowered his head at a sudden realisation, allowing purple locks to obscure his features- obscure a crooked smile that shone through despite all resistance.

The name 'Song' really was fitting.

"That is… uh…" Lucan struggled to find words and shrunk into himself, reduced to a blushing schoolboy. Awkward hands found themselves stuffed in pockets as his mind searched for an excuse that made even a lick of sense, but could find none. "It's for you." He said after a long pause— barely a decibel above a whisper; in all his years at Hogwarts he had never felt so defeated, caught unprepared by a feeling of embarrassment he couldn't quite make sense of.

Something in his stubborn mind screamed for redemption, all other thoughts abandoned, "It's because you suck." He blurted out suddenly, louder than before. Hands that were once awkward became animated, pulled from their idle state to roughly take from Song Lucan's books and parchments. Hesitantly he reached for the top of the pile, and thrust his painstakingly written notes at the girl's face. "At Potions. You suck at Potions." He reiterated, hand gripping the parchment trembling lightly.

"I thought… maybe these notes would help…" Quiet now. He cleared his throat, "They're not that detailed, anyway. It's just… your mistakes in class are distracting." Much of what was said were lies, but Song needn't know such a detail.

-
#MUZZCODES
47 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory
Affiliates

RPG-D Sengoku Horizon
Rise of the Believers ruinandrise DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay realm of the seven DW Ataraxy STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP
Forge Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus FF:Adventu Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Avalon a Panfandom RP Estorica