Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

The Science of Distraction, Open Thread
Felix Butler
Feb 3 2018, 03:48 PM
See you on the horizon
"Thanks Butler! Much appreciated."

"No worries, lil' lad", Felix responded with a grin, lowering down the requested book to the young fellow standing next to him, against whom Felix indeed seemed like a tower. What was he supposed to do? Let the shorty risk his life getting that book? Nonsense. He had time to spare. He only had to do the same for several students more, search for a few more books instead of them, recommend some... He had all the time in the world and it was really no bother! Not as much as studying would have been. But was procrastination for a good cause really as bad? I mean, surely, they would understand if he added 'helping out with books in library' to his list of reasons for failing the potions again. No good ever came without sacrifice his father always said.

Balancing his own stack of books in his arms, tall Gryffindor made his way between the shelves, seeking to get a proper studying space. That was it. No more games! He had to sit down and he had to learn this crap, and so help him God, he will find a seat that is the least distracting of them all, and he will finally get it done... right after a good meal.

No! Focus!

He gave himself a mental scold, and it seemed to be working long enough for him to finally pick a spot after debating over one on the west and one on the east side. The one on the west had a chair way too comfortable for good focus. The one on the west side, however, had a desk that was slightly tilted to the side. He certainly did not want his books to slide all over the place! It was an exaggeration, maybe, nothing ever fell from it and the only reason he was able to notice it was because he spent most of the time with his head in the book. Except it was quite literally, and it was ironic how literal meaning and figure of speech of the same saying had a polar opposite meaning to it...

Focus!

"Fine! Fine!", he mumbled to himself deciding to test the one in the middle between the two. As far as he could remember, he had never tried it out. Dropping the books on the top of the choose desk louder than he wanted to, he stepped away assessing his choice. It seemed even, and the chair seemed not too comfy nor too rough for his behind. It was a nice desk. How come he had never noticed that before? As he sad down and pulled his chair towards the desk, he nested briefly before he divided the pile of books in three smaller piles, one on the left, small one in the middle, and another one on the right. He would absolutely not use all of the books he had at hand. Perhaps not even more than two, but if nothing, at least he looked like he is trying.

After he had decided to start with the same book he always started and ended his studying with, he alligned it perfectly above his notebook with a content smirk. Ink was adjusted several times until it aligned to his liking along with the quill. "All in a day's work", he sighed after a job well done, leaning in the chair and admiring his installation. Almost such a shame to move any of it. Maybe that could have been one of many good reasons? "Awh man...", he groaned after staring at it for awhile. "I forgot to stack books by colour. Again! Bummer... Kills the focus quite a bit." Not like he had any to begin with.

After staring at the blank pages in front of him briefly, Felix huffed in annoyance like a child in a time out forced to do chores, dragging the damn opened book towards him and laying it on top of the damn notebook, reading the first damn line several times. Perhaps after the tenth time he would be able to move on to the next one. "Bloody recipes and ingredients and... exact measurements of bloody unicorn's puke in an ounce of thestral's piss...bullshit...", he mumbled to himself with his head laying against the open pages. How and when did it find itself there was beyond him, just as it was beyond him when exactly did he dozed off.

Ainslie Morrison

--------------------
user posted image
Actual credits to ActuallyDano <3
as played by In Causa

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageSeventeen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusCoyote wandSycamore, Phoenix Feather, 14” points0 posts55
Awards: 2

Ainslie Morrison
Feb 3 2018, 10:44 PM
Now the dreams are gone, and faith has drowned Everything
we lost and we never found

Typically after a long day of classes Ainslie quickly returns to her place of relaxation, which in this case would be her room. It’s where she has the most comfort and spends the most time when not studying or at Quidditch practice. She wouldn’t study in her room since the temptation to just ignore her studies and sleep would be way too high. She’d like to say her willpower was better than that but she knew herself better than anyone and she knew better than to lie to herself like that.

So, just like any other day, Ainslie returned to her room. Relaxing for a brief moment before washing up and changing into more comfortable clothes. She liked to get her homework and other assignments done typically when they were given, that way she could be efficient and have more time to relax because her work was done. Sure, Ainslie liked to think she got her good grades because of her brains but she knew she got them for her diligence and discipline as well.

Sighing the redhead grabbed her study things and began to shove them all into her bag. The sooner she powered through this the sooner it would be over. It wasn’t like she had a lot to do anyway. Just a DADA assignment and the planning for that herbology project that was due in a couple of weeks. Ainslie didn’t feel like pulling out and putting away her quill and ink pot repeatedly like she had been doing all day, so she instead reached for a ballpoint pen that she had brought from home. She brought a couple packs each year because she knew she was more comfortable with these. Not to mention how much easier it was too. Wizards were just too complicated on some things.

She didn’t stick around her room much longer before quickly making her way to her usual spot, the library. Probably one of the best places to study when ignorant children weren’t being just that. The librarian did a fairly good job of keeping things at a respectable noise level so she didn’t have much to be bothered with. Ainslie was in the library so often she self-appointed her own seat and desk there.

It was right in the middle of the seating area where the seats weren’t too damaged or comfortable to distract her from the work that needed to be done. Typically her seat in the library went uncontested which was nice but there was sometimes the occasional first year that she would need to show the way. But that was never much of a problem. So today the Hufflepuff expected the usual, to sit in her seat and blow through all the things that needed to get done. However, as she walked into the library, her feet leading her to her destination as if on autopilot, she could see that things weren’t going to be the same.

Right away she noticed someone was in her seat, to which the Hufflepuff narrowed her brown eyes at the intruder. Sighing she mentally prepared herself for the confrontation she would have to make, though once she got closer she realized it wasn’t just anyone that was in her seat it was Felix fucking Butler. Her gaze landed on him for just a split second and almost immediately Ainslie pivoted on her heels and turned back around. “Nope, can’t be arsed.” She muttered to herself before walking towards the other end of tables.

Normally she would’ve put up a fight but hanging around Butler usually made her more exhausted than studying did. And seeing how she was here to put in some work she couldn’t afford to this kind of distraction that his presence certainly presented. He might be her friend, though she would certainly deny that fact if asked, but there were some things where she just needed some “me-time” this was one of them. She was just gonna have to settle for something else today, hopefully, that wouldn’t throw off her groove.

+ tagsFelix Butler
+ notesAins said YEET lol (Outfit: Here)
BY MITZI
as played by Artemis

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageFifteen genderFeminine blood statusMuggle-born patronusRaven wandCypress, Phoenix feather, 11 ½, Slightly Springy points0 posts13

Crispin Fairlie
Feb 4 2018, 12:11 AM

A visit to the library wasn't abnormal for Crispin. A world without internet forced the blonde to turn to the dusty books on Hogwart's ancient shelves. However today Crispin wasn't looking for a book to pass the time, but instead he was searching for a book on more complex hexes and dark magic. Of course he probably wouldn't find anything useful outside of the restricted section.And it would be idiocy to sneak into the restricted section in broad daylight. Still, sometimes he checked just in case someone placed one on the wrong shelf. Eh. No dice. He clutched his bag in his hand. Well he was already here and he bothered to brng his books, he might as well do some homework. It was still early in the year and Crispin was bored enough to work on school assignments, although his grades would start slipping in the middle of the year, when he couldn't be bothered with the menial task of filling out worksheets and writing drawn out essays. Working his way over to some near tables his eyes landed on a tuff of brunette bed head knocked out cold. Crispin grinned inside himself. Ah if it wasn't Felix Butler. Just when he was getting bored too.

He hadn't taken much notice to the girl at the other end of the table, lightly dropping his heavy DADA text book on the table, not enough to seem hostile but just enough to wake a sleepy someone. He leaned over, blinking innocently at the kid. "Ah, s-sorry...Did you not get enough sleep last night, Butler?" The worry on his face would seem genuine to any normal witch or wizard, but Felix Butler avoided him like the plague. At first it gave Crispin anxiety, wondering if there was information Felix somehow gained on him. However, after a few years Felix did nothing but cower from him, and it just became funny to him. "Could it be low blood sugar?" He inquired curiously. He rummaged through his bag quickly before pulling a baggie of Crispin's homemade chocolate chip cookies. Made with nothing but love and absolutely no ulterior motives or gluten. "Here, you can have these if it'll help keep you up..." He gave a small smile.
you should be scared of me
goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

member groupHufflepuff titleHufflepuff character ageSixteen gender blood statusMuggleborn patronusUncorporeal wandHoney Locust, Dragon Heartstring, 10 inches points0 posts60
Awards: 1

Felix Butler
Feb 4 2018, 10:52 AM
See you on the horizon
"Four mixtures in the ashwinder tails until they turn green!", Felix shouted, darting his head up at the shake of the table as something heavy was dropped right in front of him, hard enough to startle him awake. At first his mind comprehended it as a grumpy librarian displeased he was taking up the spot to some hard working student in order to get his daily nap. Bummer. Not like he made a mess of any sorts or much noise...yet.

Then again, he never got a break from that woman. He had always wondered why that was so? As if on cue, the row of fake farting sounds came from across the library along with displeased mumbled that brought a smirk to Felix's face. Well that explains it. In his defence, if anyone would ask, cleaning up his mess last time, he had totally forgot about whoopee cushions. Classic.

Rubbing the back of his head to hide his grin from those present, Felix cleared his throat, turning his attention back to the question he was asked after rather rude awakening. Before his smartass response saw the light of the day, however, his mouth shut as fast as they opened.

Are you kidding me right now?!

Out of all the possible encounters he was to expect and hope for in Hogwarts, a single one he worked so hard to avoid seemed to stick to him like a limpet. Was she tryingto track him down at the worst possible time? Which was honestly any time she was even remotely close to his persona. Same as every time, Irish lad wished to be able to jump out of his skin and skitter away. Perhaps some smaller animagus form would have worked better in a situation like that one.

"Could it be low sugar?", the girl asked him again as he continued glaring at her like she was a ghost. On cue, without a mistake, the feeling of dread and weakness occupied his mind. It was murky and it felt heavy in his throat even when he managed to swallow the lump forming in there and speak up to at least give a hint he had acknowledged the question given.

"Yes...maybe", he frowned lightly and exhaled the tension.

Crissy was rather hard to explain for him. The girl did nothing to make him as anxious of her. At least not directly. The glimpse of what he had seen on the other side of her skin, however, made him more than vary of her. Even now that he sat in front of her, as she was doing her best to be nice and caring towards him, all he could think of were potential escape routes without really hurting her feelings.

Crissy was not an idiot. He was well aware of the fact she most certainly caught up on his attempts to squirm away from her glare and yet, she insisted in making a contact. It only served to add to the heebie-jeebies that radiated from her, in every other way, completely normal, innocent appearance. Now, Felix was never fast to label just any trouble soul straight up evil in its core. That way his senses were on high alerts when the true darkness crossed his path.

His hesitance now, however, could have been taken as him being disoriented, rather than vary, and to any other, Crissy would have seemed like a rather valuable friend taking care of someone's well-being.

Kill me with laughter and I'll call it a bull. We're gon' have one whale of a time!

A whale of a time she certainly seemed to have, as even her glare looked like a provocation. How can nobody see that?! Objectively, it was understandable, but for him it was regardless hard to understand.

Now, the Hufflepuff reached into her bag, searching for something, and Felix used the opportunity to look around at anything that could have been a good excuse for him to bail from such wonderful seat, as Crissy did not seem to wish to leave on her own accord. A bunch of familiar ginger locks, not far from the table, dragged his attention almost instantly and his eyes widened lightly at the vision of his salvatory beacon of light itself.

Bless you and your wonderfulness...

"Here, you can have these if it'll help keep you up...", Crissy spoke and Felix turned his attention back to Hufflepuff, laying his eyes on the bag of offered cookies. Bloody hell were they smelling nice and curses were they looking good. Too good. And he loved cookies. Decisions! There couldn't be anything wrong with them, could it? She wouldn't just go around offering it to people if it was. Or would she?! So far he was the only one he knew of that was offered. How could he possibly know?

"Uh...I", he hesitated looking back up at her, and then back at the bag. "I shouldn't I...am on...a...diet! Yes! Madam Watkins put me on a strict died and threatened to tie me into an oversized pretzel if I taste any sweets. Too bad huh?", he laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

"Thank you, however!", he hurried up to say, pulling his chair away from the table in preparation to rise up. "I feel much better. See?", he stood up. "All good. No issues here", he laughed out again looking around at all the books he stacked. Well shit. That would have bee one hell of an issue to just pick up and leave the table. Even leaving simply because she approached him along the way would have been way to obvious. And he was still not done with his assignments! Decisions!

He grinned at the girl to ease up an awkward silence, before he casually looked around the library, laying his eyes back on Ainslie's familiar figure.

Oh me Lord and Merlin the Great I am going to hell...

"Oh there she is!", he exclaimed almost too excitedly. "If you'll excuse me I'll...go and pick up my Ted- I mean my buddy...over there and...yeah...", he continued gesturing as casually as he could pretend to, even as he was moving away, quickening his pace across the wooden floor, looking behind him every now and then to make sure she was not stuck to him or following. A man could never be too sure. Just in case. Better safe than sorry, right?

Oh lordohlordohlord...

Whether the small ginger saw him incoming or not, Felix would simply walk into her, grabbing her around her waist and picking her up to seemingly carry her away. For a lean lad, he had quite a strength. Granted, Ainslie wasn't much of a weight anyway. "Teddy Bear!", he mumbled quickly making brief airplane sounds before putting her down and patting her head in haste. Couldn't really break a traditional greeting regardless of emergency that awaited. "Save me. I am a bad liar", he whined under his voice.

"Do not look behind you too obviously tho, but I need to get rid of the person that is at my table", he continued in a hushed, conspirative manner. "And since I can't even lie to a bloody sheep that the grass blue, I need you to shoo her since we have a studying session or something!" Sighing, he resorted to his strongest weapon even before she would manage to give him a proper answer. He made the best puppy face he could have come up with and battered his eyelashes. It was easier to execute now her positive energy replaced the grim.

"Pretty please?"

Ainslie Morrison; Crispin Fairlie

[/QUOTE]

--------------------
user posted image
as played by In Causa

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageSeventeen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusCoyote wandSycamore, Phoenix Feather, 14” points0 posts55

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 4 2018, 12:09 PM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
A day that wasn't overburdened with classes and assignments was rare, but not impossible in Hogwarts. When such a spell of freedom occurred, Andoles certainly didn't want to spend it cooped up in his room with the other collection of Slytherin weirdos. Things were especially a little odd since he and Voronin had had their late night outing, outing being the operative word. It felt as if sometimes he was doing more dancing and vocal gymnastics that he really needed to. The whole thing made him sort of wish that he had just let Dmitry obliviate him and be done with it.

Dressed in shorts that didn't leave much to the imagination for his bony legs and knobby knees, his Chuck Taylors, and a wrinkled white shirt emblazoned with a pistol wielding bunny along with the words, 'pink bunny says shoot to ill,' Andy was dressed more for summer than the fall when he stepped out of the Slytherin common room. If he went outside he would regret it, but thankfully the interior of the school was kept fairly warm. It was all a little too stuffy for him at times. Armed only with the inhaler stuffed into his pocket, Blackadder had slithered into the library to kill some time.

There was the hope that they would have a more recent copy of Transfiguration Today. Whenever the boy had a moment to himself that wasn't eaten up by some other obligation, he'd come to the library to see what had accumulated for the magical tabloid. After poking around the appropriate section he found a copy from June. Well, he supposed that was close enough to recent. Time to see what mischievous brain food would come from this issue. Rather than sit around for someone to spot him and then bother him, Andoles had a rather curious method to keep a low profile.

He walked about the entire library, reading as he went. Three lines, then a glance up to confirm direction, that was the system. Typically it worked, because most simpletons took him to be looking for something, or once he disappeared their thoughts of him also disappeared from their tiny brains. As he went about the motions today, reading over some scandal where a wizard had been transfiguring objects into counterfeit money, voices caught his ears on the other side of the bookshelf he was wandering aside.

His pace halting, the Slytherin looked up at no one and then stepped closer to the wood and paper edifice. An older male student by the tone was trying to shake another and enlisting the help of someone that had to be in close proximity. It was an interesting enough situation to observe, at least for now. Slipping around to the end of the shelf, Andy pressed the mag to his chest and his back to the wood, as if he were some super sleuth. Chocolate eyes peeking around, he spotted a witch and wizard in the foreground of his vision.

Both were older years as he recalled, and if his memory served from where he had seen them around, both were also Losers Hufflepuffs. The only other person in eyeshot was a short girl with blond hair and notable eyes. Was that...? The eyes made them unmistakable. Andoles had seen them around as well, and avoided them. He didn't like that weird eye color. From what he had heard, that girl, something with a C or a K, he couldn't quite recall, was somewhat famous for being the Jack the Ripper of bathroom favors.

''Yeah, I bet you want to get out of the grasp of the Handjob Harlot,'' he mumbled under his breath, though he snickered much more audibly, pressing his free hand to his lips in a vain attempt to remain unnoticed.

as played by Sovetskii Soryuz

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageFourteen genderMasculine blood statusHalfblood patronusUncorporeal wandMaple, Dragon Heartstring, 13 ½, Unyielding points0 posts92

Ainslie Morrison
Feb 11 2018, 04:49 PM

Ainslie thought she was on her way to the homestretch, safe and sound away from that happy-go-lucky lunatic. Surely he hadn’t seen her he was too busy napping. Unfortunate that she couldn’t have the prime spot for her studies but sometimes in life things didn’t always go as planned, she knew and understood that fact very well at this point in her life. Now she just had to figure out where she would sit to do her work. Sitting in an uncomfortable chair wasn’t an option so that limited her search drastically because there was an abundance of hardass chairs in this library.

For a split second, she felt like someone was extremely close to her. Almost like she sensed the presence of someone closing in on her but she was sure it was just someone passing her. This was a public library, after all, there were bound to be people to walking by her. However, before she could take another step her movements were halted and she was lifted up off of the ground. Her eyes widened in surprise and she had a feeling she should’ve listened to her gut when she felt that someone was behind her.

"Teddy Bear!" she heard a familiar voice exclaim loudly earning a clearing of the throat in their direction from Madam Pince. Butler made airplane noises like he was some grade school child while he walked with Ainslie in his arms. Clearly upset and embarrassed Ainslie struggled against him, “Put me down you oversized beanstalk!” she growled. Dammit, her feet weren’t even touching the ground. She was sure it looked like he was playing with some doll to the other’s in this library.

For once the guy listened and put her down earning a quick punch in the ribcage from Ainslie. And Ainslie hit hard. “You jerk, what the hell?” She complained as she crossed her arms across her chest. "Save me. I am a bad liar" He whined which only caused her to tilt her head in confusion. What the hell was he on about now? "Do not look behind you too obviously tho, but I need to get rid of the person that is at my table" He whispered to her fiercely but at the mention of the table her face grew stale, “You mean my table.” She rolled her eyes and turned her head slightly to glance who was at the table. She’d seen that girl before hanging around the Hufflepuff common room and stuff or talking with some guys but all she was, was a familiar face. Ainslie never paid her any mind.

"And since I can't even lie to a bloody sheep that the grass blue, I need you to shoo her since we have a studying session or something!" Felix continued to try to convince her in desperation. “Give me one good reason why I should help you?” She asked shooting a glare up at the big guy. She didn’t ask to be pulled into all of this mess, she just wanted to get her work done and leave. "Pretty please?" Butler now begged, giving her the biggest puppy dog eyes he could manage. Those were always her weakness. “Dammit Butler, I hate you sometimes,” she muttered before grabbing her things and turning on her heels. “Well c’mon then!” she ordered as she marched right back to where Felix’s things were.

Tossing her stuff on the table she turned her gaze towards the blonde girl at the table. “Hey,” she called out to get her attention. “So this idiot over here and I have a tutoring session for today. His things were already here so if you don’t mind, move.” she hesitated before forcing a smile, “Please”. That’s when her brown orbs rested on a pleasant sight, a bag of cookies. Suddenly her stomach growled and before she could think rationally she grabbed them, tearing open the bag and stuffing one in her mouth. She nodded towards the girl, “Thank you!” she said, although a bit muffled as her mouth was full of cookie, as she plopped down in a seat across from Felix’s things, waiting for him to do the same.

+ tagsFelix Butler, Crispin Fairlie
+ notesAinslie's new nickname finna be Cookie Monster (Outfit: Here)
BY MITZI
as played by Artemis

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageFifteen genderFeminine blood statusMuggle-born patronusRaven wandCypress, Phoenix feather, 11 ½, Slightly Springy points0 posts13

Crispin Fairlie
Feb 11 2018, 11:14 PM

Crispin waved the bag of cookies. "Uh...I", the Gryffindor stuttered. He was so easy to make uncomfortable. What Crispin had ever done to him was beyond his knowledge but it was entertaining to see him squirm. "I shouldn't I...am on...a...diet! Yes! Madam Watkins put me on a strict died and threatened to tie me into an oversized pretzel if I taste any sweets. Too bad huh?" His nervous laugh giving him away instantly. Poor kid couldn't bluff to save his arse it seemed. The kid quickly scooted his chair back, "Thank you, however!" Trying to get away so quickly? "I feel much better. See?", he stood up. "All good. No issues here", he laughed out once more. Crispin watched the poor guy desperately try and escape him. He was having a hard time not smiling as it was pretty funny. The mystery of why the Gryffindor avoided him so adamantly might never be solved. He ran away like a little school girl every time he approa-

Crispin blinked. Could it be that he likes me? The thought was enough to make Crispin laugh but he waved it off. He had had a lot of admirers in the past and no one would deny homemade cookies made by their crush. "Oh there she is!", he chimed up, making Crispin jump out of his thoughts. "If you'll excuse me I'll...go and pick up my Ted- I mean my buddy...over there and...yeah...", He inched away from him. Crispin couldn't believe this guy, he was leaving him for another girl? How rude! Crispin smirked inwardly. Butler walked over to the redhead at the end of the table and picked her up. Crispin watched them for a moment as they whispered to each other. They weren't as far as they probably thought they were. Crispin began to move closer to them, taking his time before he heard a faint voice, he didn't makeout most of what it had said but he caught the important words. "''the Handjob Harlot,'' before a snicker. Crispin whipped his head at the direction of the voice. His eyes landed on a small figure creeping behind a bookshelf, he was closer to the pair than he was to Crispin himself. He seemed familiar, probably someone he'd seen in the hallways or something. Anyway, Crispin had heard the rumors that surrounded him. He wasn't sure where they came from. Whether an angry ex-boyfriend or some envious girls had started them, either way they annoyed him. Those rumors had soiled his reputation as an innocent nice girl, a reputation he had tried hard to keep. No matter, it was a mere bump in the road. Those rumors would run their course.

“Hey,” the redhead called his attention, tossing her things on the table. “So this idiot over here and I have a tutoring session for today. His things were already here so if you don’t mind, move.” Well well, she was bold. Crispin recognized her. Fellow Hufflepuff, he'd heard that she was pretty tough; but Crispin had to say she seemed to be trying too hard. “Please,” she added with a forced smile. She then snatched the cookies from his hand, Crispin barely having time to react before she was stuffing her face with them. “Thank you!" She said mouth full of cookie. Crispin had years of practice, which was why the seething anger he felt was non existent on his face. Instead he wore an excited smile as a devilish idea ran across his mind. "Oh!" He said, his voice ringing with excitement. "What a coincidence!" He smiled brightly, making his way over to the bookshelves. You wanna call me a harlot you little bug? With a quick swoop he latched onto the underclassman's arm lovingly, as if he was greeting an old friend. "I'm here to tutor as well," He said happily. He looked at the kid. He looked smaller from farther away, but now Crispin could see he really only stood a few centimeters below himself. "Right?" he turned to the student but quickly moved on not giving him time to answer. "How about we do a joint session? That could be fun. I brought plenty of snacks too!" That should convince the fatty. He inwardly smirked. What, the kid was like a third year? It wouldn't be difficult to bullshit some lessons.And it was plenty of payback for believing some locker room rumors.
goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

member groupHufflepuff titleHufflepuff character ageSixteen gender blood statusMuggleborn patronusUncorporeal wandHoney Locust, Dragon Heartstring, 10 inches points0 posts60

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 14 2018, 08:53 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
When the girl's odd colored eyes glanced in his direction, he ducked back behind the bookcase for a moment. He wasn't sure why. It wasn't like sneaking around was a crime so long as he wasn't doing anything wrong. And while eavesdropping was considered rude, it didn't break any rules, not to mention he didn't give a fuck about being rude. It was the margarine on his sandwich. Peeking back around just a moment, the two were confronting the blonde.

It didn't look like anything more exciting was going to come of it, so leaning back around, Andoles pressed himself off the wood of the shelf and meant to leave when someone grabbed him by the arm. He damn near jumped out of his skin, and before he knew what was going on he was being tugged along. At first he thought it would be some professor or prefect looking to drag him off somewhere to scold him, but it was the blonde instead!

She was strong for a girl…

''Uwa-what?!'' Before he knew it he was standing before the other two. Maybe he wasn't as stealthy as he thought and they were all going to bitch at him. As it turned out, that was too sane of a expectation. Andy tugged at her grasp, ''what are you talking about you crazy bint?! I never even met you before!'' His exasperated antics were noisy, and drew the lot of them a harsh glare from the librarian. Maybe she had actually heard him…

''What kinda supersonic bat hearing does this bitch have?'' He thought as he made a face, unhitching himself. Taking a step back from the group and tucking his mag under his arm, he spoke more quietly. ''I don't know what the hell is going on here. I just popped by for this.'' A casual thump was delivered to the top of his imprisoned tabloid. His eyes scanned their faces, the blonde bimbo, the goofy beanstalk, and the thick dork with cookie crumbs on her shirt.

''I'll just piss off then,'' he threw a thumb over his shoulder.

Slytherin

member groupSlytherin titleSlytherin character ageFourteen genderMasculine blood statusHalfblood patronusUncorporeal wandMaple, Dragon Heartstring, 13 ½, Unyielding points0 posts92

Crispin Fairlie
Feb 21 2018, 05:21 PM

I'll just piss off then," the kid said with a swift thumb thrown behind his shoulder. While Crispin expected some resistance approaching a stranger like he did, he'd hoped he'd have more fun than that. Anyway, he might as well attempt to save face. It didn't matter much, Felix was scared shitless of him regardless. But there was still another hufflepuff present, and he wanted to bother this kid some more. No one called Crissy a harlot and got away with it.
His long eyelashes fluttered in innocent confusion. "H-huh? Hey!" He managed to grab the kid right before he escaped. "He always does this," Crispin smiled before dragging the kid behind the nearby bookshelf. His voice was a whisper as he pinned the scrawny kid against the shelf. He visibly held back a laugh, "What's your angle kid?" He eyed the boy. Real thin, much like Crispin was at that age. Not that he wasn't now. He cocked an eyebrow at the kid's ridiculous getup. What kind of shirt was that anyway? "Well, whatever, you have to admit you deserve that," He smirked. "You think you can go around calling girls harlot's, huh? I guess your parents didn't teach you any manners." He said with a bit of snark. Crissy was nice but Crispin made sure she could still hold her own, especially against some tiny playground bully. Besides he had a bit more leeway with underclassman. "Maybe you should be nicer to girls and you wouldn't have a problem snagging one," He winked, relaxing up on the kid a bit. Crispin didn't actually know the kid personally, but he'd seen him in the halls and he was usually alone. He didn't know how much more this kid was gonna fight or if he had talked enough sense into him yet. He figured his job was done though. He could probably get back to his things and let the child run off. He noticed he'd left his bag near the tables which was a mistake considering who was over there.
goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 22 2018, 09:13 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
That wasn't to be the end of it, it seemed. Before two steps were taken, the blonde hustled him away yet again. And once more Blackadder was slightly alarmed with the force displayed at being slightly woman handled. Chocolate eyes looked her over suspiciously she didn't look that much bigger than be did, really. What trickery was going on here? Something magical? Her question was pointed and puzzling, but that didn't stop Andoles' mouth from working.

''Acute,'' he answered without hesitation. She didn't seem either amused or annoyed, blowing his answer off. A momentary confusion came as she said he deserved it. Deserved what? A temporary inconvenience? As she continued however he realized that she actually had heard him. ''Looks like her hearing is also pretty acute.'' A brief chuckle shook his chest as she went with the tired line of 'your parents didn't teach you no manners.'

''They didn't really live long enough,'' he shrugged like it was no big deal. Andy guessed his father was dead. Everyone was evasive about it. There wasn't long to dwell on it before he barked a quick laugh at her last comment. Yes. Surely that was why he didn't have a girlfriend. At least she didn't have super eyesight. ''I'm not into blondes.'' A lie, but this was his common deflection. Typically it worked like a charm to keep people out of his love life.

''Reminds me too much of Gallagher.'' That bitch was crazy too. Speaking of which… ''She's not big on manners either, but at least she's got enough balls to take getting called a blast-ended skank.'' He smirked into her strange eyes a moment before looking around the corner of the shelf at Felix. ''So, he next then?'' There was a slight incline of his head. ''He's not into you. Should have heard what those two were saying. Guess I'm not the only one availed of your supposed talents.''

Slytherin

Caleb O'Neill
Feb 22 2018, 11:01 AM
Caleb O'Neill
Magic. Static. Call me a fanatic.
Now this was an extraordinary occasion. Nobody ever expected to see Caleb O'Neill roam the Library, much less walking around with a book under his arm, another one open and his sketchbook hovering infront of him as he moved about to get the last book he needed so he could finally get somewhere with his broom project. The burned Gryffindor had a reputation of not being a model student. He barely ever bothered completing his assignements, much less coming to the library to study. But that was not entirely true. He merely preffered coming just before the library closed for the day. He rather liked it when he didn't have people on his case, but he had gotten agitated since he couldn't just make the spells work with eachother so the broom could fly fast, but also have a good turning point. He needed more information and he needed it now. Screw the essay in Potions, he would either get this to work or start all over again.

He was so focused on reading and comparing notes with what his test drives had resulted in, that he hadn't been paying much attention as to where he was going in the paths amongst bookselves. Usually he didn't have to. He would simply glare at people and they would get out of his way. He wasn't as good as the Jayden Everdragomir, but it did the trick. Only this time he hadn't glared at people. By the time he realized there were others in his path it had been too late and he had already bumped on someone. Someone smaller than himself. His first reaction was to catch the books before they could fall on the ground. Then he looked over to the person he had bumped onto. A blonde girl with purple eyes. But she wasn't alone either. Another kid was there too, an underclassman with a muggle reference T-shirt. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Are you alright?" He asked as he plucked the sketchbook from the air and slipped it in his right cargo pocket, immediately buttoning it up.

as played by Day

Gryffindor

member groupGryffindor titleGryffindor character ageSixteen genderMale blood statusHalf-blood patronusUncorporeal wandWalnut, Dragon Heartstring, 8.1” points1 posts12

Crispin Fairlie
Feb 22 2018, 11:45 AM

Crispin peeked behind the bookshelf, trying to locate his bag. He was mostly concerned about his wand, even though he knew there was much more at stake. ''Reminds me too much of Gallagher.'' oh the kid was still there… ''She's not big on manners either, but at least she's got enough balls to take getting called a blast-ended skank.'' Crispin was pretty sure Gallagher was a virgin. Yet she was called names like that often. Crispin couldn't even remember the last time he heard of her having a boyfriend. Of course he wasn't surprised that envy reared it's ugly face inside all the pretty little girls who were insecure. "Uhuh," Crispin replied. What the hell? If that ginger took his bag...''So, he next then? He's not into you. Should have heard what those two were saying. Guess I'm not the only one availed of your supposed talents.''

Crispin returned his full attention to the boy. He exhaled a bit "Wow," he smiled. That kid was an open book, Crispin knew everything he had to about him in just the short time they'd talked. And maybe more than he had cared to know. "You're fun," he said with a sarcastic laugh. "H-" he began but was abruptly cut off, suddenly being pushed rather hard. With his flimsy build, he likely would have fallen right down if it weren't for the boy directly in front of him. Instead his body was shoved onto the student, they're close height causing they're lips to collide. God damnit he just applied his chapstick. Now he'd need to reapply and he was running out. Crispin instinctively pushed away, leaving a string of saliva between their mouths. Muttering an annoyed "Fuck..." ,he wiped his lip with his thumb and turned around. "What the-" he began, his voice hinged with annoyance and anger, however he was quickly shushed by nearby library go-ers. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Are you alright?" It was a boy. Well, Caleb O'Neill to be accurate. Crispin was glad he hadn't gone off, he had been meaning to get the boy in his collection. "No, uh yeah I'm fine I mean..." he said a bit more hushed. He'd wanted to strike up conversation with the guy but not like this.
goddamn right
as played by Vocastar

Hufflepuff

Andoles Blackadder
Feb 23 2018, 09:34 AM
DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND
TROUBLE
''Better than being boring,'' came the quick retort. The girl's smile was matched with one of his own. She seemed like a typical girl, which was a little weird for a Hufflepuff. In his admittedly limited experience, puff girls tended to be more… bubbly. It wasn't too strange. Who could stand up to being called a ho? Not this chick. It sounded like he was about to get a lecture, but unlike the female, Andoles could see an oblivious interloper approaching.

Surely he wouldn't… but the lanky, burned fellow stumbled right into the blonde. There would have been a laugh, but instead the klutzy hussy stumbled into him from the momentum. His eyes closed a moment, an uncontrollable safety reaction. Then he felt something, something soft press against his slightly gasping lips. Peeking, the girl was pulling away from a accidental smooch and busting slob to boot. The taste of done artificial flavor was left on his mouth.

''S-Shit…'' Robbed! He had been robbed! His first kiss stolen by a girl! He should have frenched Quigley in the bathroom when he had had a chance! Andy closed his eyes and turned his head down and away while blowing raspberry from betwixt his blushing cheeks. His real reasons for disgust couldn't be revealed. ''Dick residue…'' He mumbled. ''Dick residue on my lips…'' grabbing a sleeve with the opposite hand he mopped at his mouth, uncaring of the other two's interaction.

For now he had to nurse his wounded sexuality.

Slytherin

Felix Butler
Feb 23 2018, 01:14 PM
See you on the horizon
There was a possibly inexplicable gratitude in his goofy smile once Ainslie signalled him to follow. Shamefully, he was aware that his puppy eyes worked every time. However, because of that same reason, Felix was careful of how he was using it. After all, he would hate to overuse it right after he needed it desperately. It only went so far. What made him feel better about his manipulation, however, was the fact it was indeed an emergency he was not able to handle alone. It was hard to explain to people why was that so. Honestly, he was not quite sure himself why is it that he felt as much inconvenience being in the presence of Crissy all alone. It is why he was forever grateful that Ainslie never asked any hard questions.

Before he was able to express his gratitude with words, however, Ainslie was already half way back across, marching towards the desk. "Wh- Wait up!", Felix exclaimed slightly quieter after librarian's scolding glare his way. He would assume she already had enough of him for the entire year. Good thing he wasn't as often in the library then, was it? Well, now that he thought about it, it sounded pretty bad.

Shrugging it off to himself, Felix extended his step and quickened up his pace, and yet, he had no particular need to run to catch up with Ainslie and her tiny marching steps. Somewhere about three-quarters of the distance between them and the blondie with cookies in front of her, Felix narrowed his step, gluing himself right behind Ainslie as if he was trying to disappear behind her in the quirkiest way imaginable, peeking sideways as if she even presented a valid obstacle to his field of vision. This was good. Real good. Already with An around, he felt a little less like crying out of despair.

Even as she finally approached and spoke to the girl, Felix remained behind her, attempting to maintain indifferent stance, although his eyes were still escaping him Crissy's way, simply pouting lightly with his nose high up in the air once Ainslie labelled him an idiot. He was far from being insulted by it, but as it was somewhat a social construct to frown upon it, he had to pay it respect at least somewhat as one of the oldest insults known to the mankind. He would argue that he learned a lot about it from his best friend. He seemed to be called an idiot a lot without being bothered by it. Carrow certainly took the cake on the number of callouts.

To be honest, whether she meant it or not was always confusing to Felix because, unlike Ainslie, her tone was always cold and somewhat stripped of any jest, but apparently Cal saw something he did not. He certainly preferred an open, shameless approach Ainslie had. Besides, not like she was wrong or anything... Regardless of it, he still cringed lightly as she grabbed the bag of cookies without really asking at all and sat at the table, leaving him exposed and slightly panicky, tapping his foot hastily. Should he take the seat too? But which seat? His seat? It wasn't even his seat!

"Oh! What a coincidence!", Crissy spoke up and Felix gulped lightly, crawling into the tight space between the table and the chair and sitting down, hitting his knee in the process with a hissing "Shiiite..." and a rub, as he looked back at Ainslie and Crissy over his fortress of books. "I'm here to tutor as well", the girl stated and Felix darted his glare nervously to Ainslie and then back to Crissy.

You have got to be kidding me right now!

Perhaps not, then! The girl was fast to grab the younger boy that seemed to be simply passing by. "How about we do a joint session?"

How about bloody no?!

"That could be fun."

Aye. A whale o'clock, indeed.

"I brought plenty of snacks too!"

Well that was certainly an issue considering Ainslie. Puppy eyes weren't her only weakness, and he doubted in any case, that a puppy face would outweigh snacks, and so he soon deemed his attempts to drag her attention with a significant glare over his books being to no avail. "I don't know what the hell is going on here. I just popped by for this", the kid responded grabbing tighter whatever he was holding. "I'll just piss of then". Music for his ears! It would mean Crissy had no other reason to stick around.

Oh joy!

"Well too bad then, I guess it is just me and you Ain-" Before he would finish, his grin was quickly wiped off by Crissy grabbing the boy and pulling him back towards them, starting what seemed to be a personal dispute between the two. Well that explained the misunderstanding, he'd assume.

Oh no...

It occured to him how the boy was rather mouthy himself, and even though he hated to admit it, it made all that chaos slightly more amusing than it should have been. Regardless, he was more than happy they took their dispute away from the desk. Once they disappeared from sight, Felix's stiff sitting pose relaxed and he leaned forward, accidentally tumbling down one of the book pillars that now stacked across the table towards Ainslie.

"Oh shite wan", Felix rolled his eyes and ruffled his hair as he suddenly felt less inconvenient. "Remind me to but that kid a pack of chocolate cauldrons... and a muzzle", he chuckled and looked up at Ainslie doing a bowing gesture several times towards her. "My protector and saviour. I owe you one, Teddy Bear." For a moment, his eyes dropped down to the bag of cookies she held and he crooked his mouth in thought, tapping his feet few times before he cleared his throat and spoke up sheepishly.

"So... Those are good?" It was hard to resist the homemade cookies nevertheless, but he'd rather have them offered by Ainslie instead. That is if she was willing to share.

Ainslie Morrison; Crispin Fairlie; Andoles Blackadder

--------------------
user posted image
as played by In Causa

Gryffindor

Ainslie Morrison
Feb 25 2018, 08:33 AM

Perhaps it was too early to celebrate her victory over this little matter since the blonde girl she had intended to shoo away still remained in the ginger’s presence. Ainslie tilted her head to the side while munching on one of the cookies the blonde girl had provided. Ainslie had asked nicely if she could leave. It could be that she just didn’t get the hint but Ainslie also felt like she had no intention of leaving. Her gut feeling was proved correct moments later when the blonde latched herself onto another equally light-haired, boy. “Oh, What a coincidence!" the blonde girl squealed with excitement, “I’m here to tutor as well!”

Well wasn’t that just perfect? Ainslie braved a glance over in Felix’s direction. It would seem things weren’t exactly going as planned. Well, she could at least say she tried, right? Butler’s face was just what she expected it to be, horrified. He clearly had Ainslie come over for a purpose and that wasn’t exactly happening. But what was she supposed to do? She wasn’t Jesus, she couldn’t work miracles. "How about we do a joint session? That could be fun.” The blonde continued. Ainslie was about to open her mouth to reject the offer, it was clear Butler couldn’t handle being here with her, so out of the goodness of her heart she thought she should try to help him out a bit more.

However, Ainslie didn’t get the chance before she was cut off by the blonde girl again, “I brought plenty of snacks too!" That caused the red-head to close her mouth right back shut. Butler didn’t say anything about this girl being heaven sent. Surely God smiled down upon her and she was blessed. Ainslie couldn’t understand what had Butler so spooked, this girl was kind, beautiful, and smart. Okay, maybe she was partial to the food but still! Felix had to be out of his mind not to like this girl that was for sure.

''I don't know what the hell is going on here. I just popped by for this.'' the young boy spoke up from beside the blonde girl. ''I'll just piss off then,'' He said, prying himself from the girl’s grip and turning to leave. Ainslie blinked watching everything unfold before her like some primetime television sitcom she had front row seats to see. It would seem the boy did not wish to remain in this girl’s presence either. ’Interesting’. She thought to herself as she reached into the bag, pulling out another cookie.

The blonde girl, seemingly confused at the boy’s reaction called after him before returning her attention to Ainslie and Felix, "He always does this," she said with a reassuring smile before dismissing herself to pursue the fair-haired boy. While they were off doing their own thing Ainslie took this time to partake in the open invitation the girl had made. Leaning forward across the table Ainslie rummaged through the girl’s belongings that she had left while running after that boy.

The ginger thief's slender fingers laced themselves around a square object, she already had a feeling she knew what this item was before she released the item from its bondage in the girl’s bag. Pulling her hand out Ainslie spied a juice box in her grasp. “Perfect~” She hummed happily as she sat back in her seat. Popping out the straw and poking a hole in the top so she could drink the contents.

"Oh shite wan" Felix spoke up finally, ruffling his hair before making eye contact with her, "Remind me to buy that kid a pack of chocolate cauldrons... and a muzzle," he said with a chuckle which caused the Hufflepuff to smile as well. That boy certainly had quite the absence of a filter. Made her wonder what sort of upbringing he had and how he learned to be so bold. Felix’s expression then shifted as he began to bow to her repeatedly, in his usual overly dramatic manner. "My protector and savior. I owe you one, Teddy Bear." Rolling her eyes at the boy she leaned forward, cookie crumbs on her mouth and all, “Make it double and I’ll say we’re even.” Ainslie said with a smirk. No way she’d let him walk thinking he only owed her little. “Consider it payment for that stunt you pulled earlier,” she said smugly as she waved him away. The ginger hobbit pulled the last remaining cookie from the bag, holding it and mentally preparing herself that this would be the last of the deliciousness that she would partake in, at this current moment. Similar to holding a moment of silence for the cookie.

Right as she was about to bite into it she caught Felix’s gaze on her. This time it was different, which caused her to freeze. Her russet colored eyes narrowed in his direction as she sat up straight in her seat. She recognized that look, and suddenly she felt somewhat territorial over her prize. Shifting her seating position so that her back was somewhat turned to him she held the cookie far away from him. "So... Those are good?" he asked only confirming what she had already known. 'The cookie thief!' She thought to herself. Well, not quite, but he was thinking about it and that alone was enough for her. “Yes they are, and they’re mine so bugger off.” She said dismissively and turned away from him.

However, she couldn’t just eat it anymore despite how badly she wanted to. The look on his stupid face! He always got her with those. Maybe it wasn’t just the puppy dog eyes that she was weak to, but Butler himself. What a scary thought that was! Shaking her head the Hufflepuff sighed before breaking the cookie in half and reaching out towards him. “Here,” she muttered as she refused eye contact with him. Handing over half of the cookie to the bothersome Gryffindor, “Don’t say I don’t ever do anything nice for you.” Ainslie stuffed the rest of the cookie in her mouth begrudgingly before turning to grab her juice box and drink from it, all while pouting in her seat.

+ tagsFelix Butler, Crispin Fairlie, Andoles Blackadder
+ notesMan she really doesn't like sharing. LOL | (Outfit: Here)
BY MITZI
as played by Artemis

Gryffindor

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2