Welcome to Priori Incantatem
All witches and wizards aboard the Hogwarts Express from Platform 9¾!

Priori Incantatem welcomes everyone to a fascinating adventure into a modern version of Harry Potter roleplaying, where nostalgia of what we know about Hogwarts meets with new exciting characters we haven't met before. We closely follow canon and the Wizard World history for what has happened in the past, but entwine our own characters into the story to make it ours. Only the canon logic, occasional rules, and your own imagination is your limit.

Priori Incantatem encourages independent roleplaying and creative self-expression, and thus we have set the bar for players to be advanced level writers so that we can trust everything runs smoothly. Every player and character is carefully scoped by staff, and we have a zero tolerance policy for toxic environments. Our main objective is and always will be that each individual feels welcome, safe, and comfortable. And most importantly, that everyone has fun!

Interested? Check out all the important stuff from the links below!

September 2023.

First semester has come again, and all the Hogwarts students are ready to say good bye to summer and greet the autumn. This is a very eventful months for all the Hogwarts students. First travelling back to school with the famous Hogwarts Express, enjoying the Sorting Ceremony of the first years, exchanging holiday stories with peers over the Opening Banquet Feast, and getting know to new students. Meanwhile, some students are greeted with new extra responsibilities, like becoming Prefects or Head Students, or taking over Captaincy or Leader positions in their respectful teams and clubs. New classes and new schedules keep the students busy too, which makes maintaining the social life and grades immediately a challenge. It'll be up to the students to sort out their priorities; studies or friends?

Original skinning was done by these following awesome people!
Skin by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory.
Push Sidebar by MERC of Merc does Cookies.
Tooltips by MALIHU.
Pop out PM by BLACK @ Code

Add Reply
New Poll

the sweetest of sounds, Song Jin's Plotter ; Wren
Nov 10 2017, 02:57 PM

song jin

We start with stars in our eyes.

16 years old female hufflepuff sixth year bisexual kind-hearted observant excitable

friends

You write your stories, and maybe Song will be in some of them, maybe she won't. If she does belong in a story with your character though, here's what you get when you decide to make her a friend.

You get someone loyal, who will love you without any hesitation, take your hand without even blinking and trust in you so much it's almost blinding. Song's the type of person who will give her all to her friends, because she finds them to be the most precious things that ever graced her life. She remembers little things about them and gives them constant gifts and compliments, will go out of her way to spend time with them and will read their moods so well that if she realizes they’re having a bad day, she's instantly trying her best to make it better. So she’s a good friend, if not a clingy and occasionally needy one; she has the tendency to latch onto her friends and hug them tight, give them easy kisses or cuddles, adore them so blatantly it makes people a bit confused sometimes whether or not her friendships are romances or not. (Normally not.) While the friends not comfortable are saved from her constant affection, there’s no denying that she’ll still latch on to those people like a burr even if she’s not physically clinging onto them.

She just gets plain excited in the presence of these people; her expression is like exclamation points given into tangible form when she sees one of them, the girl instantly waddling her way over to them to say hello, easy compliments spilling from her lips smooth as water. She's sweet and good, if not too excitable. However, one of the downsides of being friends with her is that she's a bit too intense. Charts of everything, remembering and noticing things about you, posters of encouragement, cuddles and being too close, and a higher chance of seeing one of Song's breakdowns, she's a lot to handle. She’s reckless and gets into too much trouble, impulsive to the point where it makes people worry about her.

I'd like to say she's still worth it though, but that's up to you, isn’t it? It's easy to be Song's friend because she loves making them, is a sociable person who will go out of her way to say hello and occasionally even go out of her way to make you a friend herself. She won’t give up if it’s the latter though, will slowly take her time because if she decides to be your friend, it means she’s figured you’re interesting enough to be worth all the effort.

However, you can only give so many people the key to your heart, so while Song's friendly and has a lot of people she likes to talk to, true friends are people she's trying to gather for herself; the kind of friendships that are like what family should be.

enemies

Song’s not one for hate, but she’ll ruin you if you hurt one of her friends. It’s difficult to get her angry, the girl the type of person who will quietly take any injuries lashed upon herself, hiding hurt behind a smile that comes too easy and feels too much like a lie. However, they do say that it’s the ones always smiling that are the scariest to cross, and that’s true for Song Jin, a girl who has no qualms decimating another if its for the sake of someone she loves.

She’s not violent, not manipulative, but the loyalty that flows in her veins is not something to be trifled with. It gives way to an immense bias in her reasoning towards whoever she holds dear, and there is little that her friends could ever do wrong in her book.

So hurt a friend of hers, and that’s when you’ll gain her ire. Some people will dislike Song because she’s too cheery and too open, a headache of a person who just needs to shut up and mind her own business. Song won’t mind them though, will instead flash them a crooked smile and continue on like she always does, treating them no differently than the others. The enemies Song makes are the ones she seeks out herself for laying their hands on someone she loves, and Song with an enemy goes something like this:

She’ll find out what makes them uncomfortable, finds out the very cogs of their personality, and she’s going to jab at every button holding a big red sign to not touch. It’s little tricks, charms meant to make a person’s life a bit harder, bad luck suddenly becoming a spotlight in their life like they’ve been cursed. It’s Song slowly but surely getting under their skin until they either apologize or regret, and it’s something she’ll do with a saccharine smile too sweet to be true.

Song’s not particularly a fighter, but she’ll certainly go to battle with anyone who makes someone she loves cry.

romance

When someone’s a little bit in love with everyone around them, how do you know when they truly fall in love? It’s difficult to tell, isn’t it? Because it’s like they’re sweet to everyone, flirting and complimenting one person and then moving onto the next, adoring a friend so intensely that it wouldn’t be a surprise to call it romantic.

Song falling in love with anyone would be a slow burn, almost unnoticeable until suddenly Song is watching them smile and something in her heart clicks as her brain tells her she wants more. Song falling in love would be a study in adoration turned into a study of romance, every little thing reminding her of that person because Song’s never been one to do things halfway. People say Song wouldn’t treat the person she’s in love with any differently from a friend, but that’s where they’re all wrong– Song would like to, but she just wouldn’t be able to manage it.

They can turn this smooth little Hufflepuff into a blushing mess just from a sweet gesture, tear down all her bravado like it’s paper mache and make her so, so unguarded that all Song can do is think “fuck” before she’s fallen. Song treats someone she’s in love with the same as she treats a friend at first glance, but all you need to do is take a look at her when she’s looking at them and you’ll see a quiet wonder, all you need to see is the soft and breathless smile that appears on her face when she touches them. She almost seems more muted when she’s with them, quieter because she’s so enraptured by them sometimes, a kind of happy that’s soft but so achingly true.

It’ll take a while, a long while, but Song falls for good hearts and a bit of adventure, the kind of person who’s witty and someone who wouldn’t mind loving her right back.

yangli jin

Meow meow, motherfuckers.

8 years old male cat pet not really a character, just a pet

about

Small and cute as can be, if you ignored the constant displeasure on this cat's face. Yangli was just a kitten when Song picked him up and took him in as her own, and she's loved her ever since. Everyone else though, Yangli has a healthy wariness and distrust for. His dislike for other people probably came from the distaste Song's mother had for him, also from the jeering children that would bully him because he was bad luck, apparently.

They say black cats are the companions of witches though, and Yangli's quite the good one. While his bad attitude to other people is something Song can't help, the cat is quite sensitive to magic; it makes his fur prickle, and while he's used to Song's magic as well as the magic of Hogwarts, Yangli has also been known to frown at anything magically transfigured or charmed until he paws at it enough to decide it's fine.

If you distress Song in any way, you can bet Yangli's going to try and scratch you though, fair warning.

friends

These are the kind of people to give the world to.

dmitry clarisse friends here

Dmitry Voronin

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Clarisse Sharpe

name

enemies

She'll fight the world for the sake of a friend, so she'll definitely fight them if she must.

names of enemies here

name

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. 2

lovers

It makes her want to cry sometimes, the extent to which she loves you.

nah no one yet

name

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. 3

other relationships

For the people that can't follow the definitions.

lucan rowle names of people here

Lucan Rowle

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. 4
harja
50 posts | Send Message
Hufflepuff | Sixteen | Muggleborn | Laurel, Unicorn hair, 12 ¼" | Hamster
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by Wren || Female | UTC−8:00
Link | | Quote | |
Nov 16 2017, 08:26 AM
lucan rowle & song jin
「 keep my secrets close, i see a darkness where you see light 」
As promised, muzz is here to hit you with the plots!

Song is adorable, and the height difference between her and Lucan is what I think will make this plot extra cutesy, and I do love the cutesy, fluffy stuff that comes from a long period of ANGST. Those are the best stories hahaha. They also both have these animal motifs associated with them- the sweet songbird and the big bad wolf, except Lucan's is a little more on the literal side.

They're not total opposites in personality, but they're different enough to create some friction - Lucan is uncaring but not malicious, and Song's as sweet as her name. She's too energetic, he'll think, and despite his penchant for sweet things he'll convince himself (with great difficulty) she's bitter. No matter how she approaches him, he'll force himself to treat her with even greater disdain than he does most people. He doesn't know why he does it, probably just thinks it's because Song's so tiring and excitable and nice there has got to be something dark down there. That's how he's been raised: to see an enemy behind every smile.

He'll probably develop a crush on her despite his best efforts, but you know teenagers - some of them will die before they admit they've caught the feels for anyone. He'll probably start to treat her even worse as the days roll by: it's more an effort to convince himself that he hates her, and to soften the ground for when he falls from this 'infatuation high'.

In his mind he'll always be the 'big bad wolf', and she the 'sweet songbird' - there's a solid wall between them always - the wolf will never sprout the wings he needs to see the same light as she does, nor will he ever be delicate enough to make sure he doesn't hurt her. He's a werewolf, and has (like Lupin in his own youth) long resigned himself to a life of solitude that, up to this point, he would have been completely fine with. But Song's existence probably hit him like a curveball, and for once he'll start thinking about someone other than himself, and it scares him a LOT.

I've got a bit more in my mind, but I think it's the result of this romantic comedy binge I've been on - I mean, I just watched Me Before You LOL. Let me know how you think about this, and feel free to get back to me here or on Discord ^^ we can scrap it entirely and start fresh too! Anything's good, Song's just too cute to not plot with :P

EDIT: o shit she's also muggleborn, man Lucan's parents are gonna looooove this bawahahahhawaha.

51 posts | Send Message
Slytherin | Sixteen | Pure-blood | Cherry, dragon heartstring, 13¾ inches, unyielding | Hyena
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by muzz! || Male | GMT+10
Link | | Quote | |
Nov 16 2017, 04:41 PM
song jin & lucan rowle,
confused but rolling with it
Song's accepted that she's just too much for people sometimes, but Lucan's attitude towards her will confuse her so much. She understands people being tired from her presence and so they step away or avoid her, but instead of doing that, Lucan just kind of frowns at her and gives her a rude attitude. It's like he doesn't like her, but doesn't get away from her, and Song's stuck being lost as hell because; "I don't get you?"

She'll brush off any frowns that come from him or any biting words with either a smile or some sass right back though, keep consistent on compliments towards him when they come to her mind just because she can. Lucan makes Song curious, but she doesn't have any particular opinion on him other than the usual, "I like his hair" and "He's really really tall". She's friendly to him despite his attitude towards her and acts as she does around him with everyone because she may bother him but he doesn't bother her, so.

But if he does get a crush on her, I imagine it'll definitely cause some strain in whatever relationship they've made up with each other because Song is observant; she notices people, and she's not the oblivious type who somehow manages to let any feelings towards her to fly over her head. I don't think she'd realize it was a crush due to how he acts- She can just tell she's suddenly being treated worse, and Song's stuck here feeling hurt (because they're friends now, aren't they?) and even more confused.

Their relationship just sounds like a complete mess, and I have no idea where it'll end up but I am for this.

(Edit: Also, lowkey, I WANT LUCAN TO END UP MAKING HER CRY LATER ON MUZZ. HURT HER.)

BY MITZI
50 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Nov 16 2017, 08:52 PM
lucan rowle & song jin
「 keep my secrets close, i see a darkness where you see light 」
YOU WANT ME TO MAKE THIS PRECIOUS CINNAMON ROLL CRY ;A;

I feel like it could happen when Lucan, at the height of his emotional turmoil, tries to push her away for good. He'll probably call her a mudblood, and all sorts of awful names, and when she turns to leave he'll chase her down.

It's going to be awkward and messy and even I don't know how it'll develop :p I guess we can just let the writing decide.

51 posts | Send Message
Slytherin | Sixteen | Pure-blood | Cherry, dragon heartstring, 13¾ inches, unyielding | Hyena
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by muzz! || Male | GMT+10
Link | | Quote | |
Dec 31 2017, 03:32 AM

I'm super hype to be getting to this little puffball, now. Cutest Creampuff.

SOO. I loved that you told me that "The first time Song and Stella meet and Stella introduces herself, Song blinks and smiles because. “Your name fits you– You’re as bright and pretty as any star in the sky.”" because that is amazingly adorable and would make Stella blush like MAD. Mostly because she wouldn't be expecting it from a total stranger. Also it makes it so that we don't have to invent an incident for Stella to remember Song, since she usually sucks at remembering people who don't interest her. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

For sure Stella would also wanna know if Song can sing, and if not would want to sing for her! Since they're in the same house and year I imagine they just met as classmates normally when she came in the Fourth Year, but if you'd prefer some other route, that'd be fine, too. I think Stella would quite enjoy poking Song about all the myriad crushes she seems to have for everyone simultaneously. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif They're both pretty overwhelming personalities when they're excited about something, so I can imagine them becoming something of a Power Friendcouple. Haha, maybe. I don't think Stella would be VERY sarcastic to her, but expect some cheek pinching? //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

We could also still do the Potions tutoring, thing, though Stella might start pinching her cheeks just as punishment.

Song Jin
41 posts | Send Message
Hufflepuff | Fifteen | Half-breed | Pine, Coral, 11.5", Springy | Manta Ray
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by firejay1 || Female |
Link | | Quote | |
Feb 8 2018, 02:53 AM
song jin & stella prince,
a duo of sunshine
Look at the sun too much and it's blinding, stand underneath it for too long and you get overwhelmed- That's Song and Stella, two overwhelming people who together make this ball of sunshine that's sweet but also a complete force of nature. I'm really for this relationship! I'm a-okay with their first meeting being Song complimenting her, and for them to have known each other since fourth year.

I'm for everything you just wrote, actually. Song would adore Stella to bits and pieces and they'd be quite the duo, so let me throw some thread ideas at you now:

1. Stella asks Song why she likes so many people, Song pulls out a chart and starts explaining to her everything- Or just, Stella asking Song anything that makes her pull out a chart and start babbling nonsense.

2. I have no idea if Song can sing or not, I CAN'T DECIDE. But Song passing by Stella singing and just swooning, her heart, hey Stella did you know you could be a siren because you captured her heart with your voice?

3. POTIONS PRACTICE, TIME TO WATCH SONG FAIL SPECTACULARLY.

BY MITZI
50 posts | Send Message
Link | | Quote | |
Feb 9 2018, 04:18 AM

*grins. I think I'd like to go with the Potions lesson. Because why not, so much fun. xD I think it would also be easier to set up than the chart-inducing question.

The one thing is that Stella's FIRST question outta her mouth upon learning Song's name would be "can you sing? *sparkly eyes." So if we ever wanna play with a singing thing between them, it'd have to be from 4th year and you'd have to have pre-decided whether or not she can sing. XD

Song Jin
41 posts | Send Message
Hufflepuff | Fifteen | Half-breed | Pine, Coral, 11.5", Springy | Manta Ray
APPLICATION | SHIPPER | TRACKER || Played by firejay1 || Female |
Link | | Quote | |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory
Affiliates

RPG-D Sengoku Horizon
Rise of the Believers DIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin Roleplay realm of the seven Ataraxy STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Forge
FF:Adventu Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Avalon a Panfandom RP Estorica